What's new

Strezov Sampling presents AFFLATUS Chapter 1 // 1.2 Update feat. 18GB of new sample content

Maybe there is hope, when I went to the site it was 799, now it's 649, we have to wait a bit to arrive to a human price...

Strezov Sampling are proud to announce the release of AFFLATUS Chapter I Strings. A Boutique and Thematic Collection of Virtual various String Ensembles. https://t.co/Q9mWKF0yqE

f78ec86a7e7073c1a628a83c45458016.jpg

Intro Price 649 € ends Nov 27 (Normal Price 799 €)

Automatically stacked Crossgrade Discounts available upon Login for owners of Wotan Male Choir, Freyja Female Choir, Árva Children Choir, Rhodope 2 Ethnic Bulgarian Choir, Balkan Ethnic Orchestra, Cornucopia String Ensembles 2 and Macabre Solo Strings.

Additional content (Scene d' Amour Celli and First Chairs) available Q1 2019 as a free update for all registered users.

Overview:

• Boutique Thematic String Collection
  • Auto Divisi in combination with Polyphonic True Legato
  • Various sizes of different String and Mixed Ensembles from 40 Players to Chamber to Quartet
  • Expertly tailored Thematic Ensembles suitable for Contemporary to Golden Age Style film soundtracks, TV, Videogame and Pop music
  • 25 Polyphonic True Legato Bowings
  • Custom Organic Sound Design Section with seperate mixable Elements
  • Playable Aleatoric Articulations
  • Three microphone positions Close, Decca, Hall (Two on Mixed Ensembles)
  • Over 150 different Playable Articulations
  • Powered by Native Instrument's free Kontakt Player and NKS compatible

Ok. That’s a higher price than I was expecting/hoping for. But as above (@Vita Et Musica) I’m not sure I can swing this at the chosen price point (will check cross-grade pricing) but that’s in no way a reflection on the product or Strezov. I’ve always enjoyed their libraries and if it’s a pro tool aimed at pro industry users (I am not) then it isn’t an outrageous price if it delivers what you need. Just my 2c.

Last edited:
Love the demos. But for me it is just all over the place. There are 4-5 interesing patches I would love to use, but the rest I can do "good or close enough" with the libraries I have. What I was hoping for was a contender to Spitfires latest dry divisi strings. But there are only legatos. I am not even shure if there are shorts at all for all the divisi sections. So for me this is more of a symphobia for strings then a workhorse library.

I mean, if I could cherry pick certain styles like the performance samples is offering, this would be more appealing for me.

wow, well that was certainly not what I was expecting. Saying that it will be their most expensive library and that it will be priced comparable to their other libraries, where does that mean twice as much as their most expensive library, Arva? I was thinking, oh, so maybe 100EUR more? Kind of strange. Yeah, in actuality, based on the library, it probably is worth that much. But how in the heck does it compare with the pricing of their current libraries? It's double their most expensive. Oh well, they can do what they want :) Just feel a little taken through a roller coaster ride.

I was hoping to buy it but this price point.. sorry guys I think you are missing out on a trick, I'd strongly urge you to revisit your price

To be honest, I saw these kind of comments coming... When I first realized, what Afflatus can do, I expected it to cost around 1000 bucks. Not sure if you guys can only nearly conceive how much work it is to create such a huge library. Have you seen how much material there is inside? There's not a single string library out there that comes even close to this one.

You can't get a Ferrari for the price of Chevrolet, that should be clear. Maybe YOU should revisit your expectations. To literally force the developers to drop the price, just because you can't afford it, is REALLY bold.

To be honest, I saw these kind of comments coming... When I first realized, what Afflatus can do, I expected it to cost around 1000 bucks. Not sure if you guys can only nearly conceive how much work it is to create such a huge library. Have you seen how much material there is inside? There's not a single string library out there that comes even close to this one.

You can't get a Ferrari for the price of Chevrolet, that should be clear. Maybe YOU should revisit your expectations. To literally force the developers to drop the price, just because you can't afford it, is REALLY bold.
Well, it just puts out of the reach of the struggling artist, that's all. Sure, fair price for those who can afford it. It's just based on the comments, I feel the developer was leading us to believe it was going to be a little more than Arva --read my previous post. I do agree with you though, it probably is worth that. Just a little let down that it's out of our price range, that's it.

Crossgrades, huh? Maybe now's a good time to start snagging some more of those Strezov libraries I've had my eye on (BEO and the Next-Gen Choirs especially). Still, the price isn't what I expected, and seems to have thrown most for a bit of a loop.

There are some things I loved in the library like Scene D'amour and Minimalist strings, however I probably just don't need a lot of the rest of the stuff. I would really prefer they released this as a modular library. To pull the trigger on a 799 euros string library I would need to be in love with all parts of the library, which I am not from what I heard so far. Also I am surprised to see this price given that Strezov himself posted on his youtube channel that the price would be similar to their other libraries. that would be in the range of 350 to 499. This is more than double, so NOT similar to their other libs... This price is a surprise for me as it looks it is also for several other here. For somebody without any string library it would make sense to buy this, but for some of us who have spent 1000's in string libraries over the years and have almost everything, it does not make sense. I would love to have certain sections of the library, but to pay 650 or 799 for just a few parts I am interested makes no sense financially. I was hoping for this to be priced similar to Metropolis Ark, or Albion. Oh well.

Anyway I will probably have to wait on this and see how reviews from other users will speak about the price/value of the library. But waiting will also means loosing the intro special price. Probably going to wait for a distant future discount.

I wish good luck to Strezov with the Lib though. He is an amazing developer.

Well, it just puts out of the reach of the struggling artist, that's all. Sure, fair price for those who can afford it. It's just based on the comments, I feel the developer was leading us to believe it was going to be a little more than Arva --read my previous post. I do agree with you though, it probably is worth that. Just a little let down that it's out of our price range, that's it.

Sorry, didn't want to come across like "if you can't afford it, your problem". That was not my intention. But I regard it from a different perspective. These guys have put a lot of effort and money in ther product of love. It would be such a shame if they weren't able to create even more awesome libraries because they sell it for 199€. Given the amount of instruments: let's say, they have been working on this library for maybe over a year. That would mean: working for one year without a salary.

This reminds me of LASS, 10 years ago. I paid the full price of $1000 back then, because I love the Andrew's attitude (he is really a great guy) and I knew the product would be awesome. I felt that I invested the money in the right spot. Same with Strezov. They are nothing but awesome people who deserve every penny for their hard work.

Hey fellas, now that Afflatus is officialy released, how about leaving the price discussion to the alternative thread? It doesn't seem fair to the developer, especially after all their hard work (look at that PDF list, it's crazy), to have this price talk shift the focus from the release itself in a commercial announcement thread.

Looking forward to hearing user opinions and demos!

Top Bottom