What's new

Strezov Sampling presents AFFLATUS Chapter 1 // 1.2 Update feat. 18GB of new sample content

StrezovSampling

32_Afflatus_940x350.jpg

A Great Adventure Unfolds: Strezov Sampling are proud to present Afflatus Chapter I Strings

Inspired by film and classical music icons this collection pushes the boundaries of traditional sampling methods by introducing revolutionary features like Auto Divisi combined with Polyphonic True Legato from the Next Generation Choir Series and a Thematic Approach towards playing techniques. Capturing multisampled performances as opposed to static generic samples Afflatus Chapter I features several custom-made articulation groups able to portray one specific style per group with ease. This approach grants the user highly specialized and inspiring virtual instruments able to perform music with virtuosity: Gone are the days of soulless samples.

The styles/moods featured in Afflatus Chapter I range from classical to modern contemporary film scores. Some of the masters which inspired the developement of this collection are Henry Mancini, Sergei Prokofiev, Bernard Herrmann, John Williams and Arvo Pärt. Here is an out of the box demonstration of the Scene d' Amour Section demonstrating the thematic approach combined with Polyphonic True Legato.

The sounds and styles presented in Afflatus are vast in terms of colours and playing techniques. From modern minimalist to golden age and lush epic string ensembles - it's all inside just one collection, which makes Afflatus a great extension to other string libraries covering the bread and butter articulations as well. Here's a live playthrough of the Minimalist String Section.

While other libraries recorded divisi sections before, Afflatus gives you total control over the sections while performing your music. Pressing the sustain pedal controls, whether polyphonic lines should be played in divisi for an ultra realistic concert sound or with the whole section to achieve a thick lush tone suitable for modern film scores, TV and videogames alike. In combination with intelligent voice leading derived from the Polyphonic True Legato engine used in Freyja, Wotan, Árva and Rhodope, it easier than ever before to make string arrangements sound the way you want them to within your DAW.

Our next walkthrough reveals the Experimental and Pads. Afflatus also features various instrument combinations, which you might have not heard before. Also returning from Balkan Ethnic Orchestra Afflatus features a Pad Section created from the raw recordings as well as other Strezov Sampling libraries.

Stay tuned for more live demonstrations and walkthroughs during the next days!

Release Date: November 2018 for Native Instrument's free Kontakt Player

We are happy to present you the walkthrough video for the new sample content of the free 1.2 Update. It contains many of your requested articulations/bowings.

Some highlights:

-First Chairs (including Double Bass) with Portamento
-Minimalist Basses
-Scene D'Amour Celli
-Arrival Strings
-Spider Strings and many more....

In total 18 GB of new sample content.

Stay tuned for more information!

Last edited:
Thanks heaven you really delivered: these are MY strings a la scene d´amour. So wonderfull. I feared after watching your crime scene and star wars logos that it would go into the epic direction as all others but these seem to be really scene d´amour strings .-) Choose the price well and I am amongs the first to order... and please: also play some single lines in your next walkthroughs :)

Thanks heaven you really delivered: these are MY strings a la scene d´amour. So wonderfull. I feared after watching your crime scene and star wars logos that it would go into the epic direction as all others but these seem to be really scene d´amour strings .-) Choose the price well and I am amongs the first to order... and please: also play some single lines in your next walkthroughs :)
Sid, this library is still more than just Scene d'amour Strings. There is sooo much more ground this library covers. It's not a single style library nor meant to be a basic strings palette. This is a refined toolkit designed to cover a vast range of styles and genres that hones in on specific playing styles not available to us in other libraries. This library can express a whispered secret or provide the underscore for an epic space battle. Just keep that in mind. It can wear a lot of hats.

Sid, this library is still more than just Scene d'amour Strings. There is sooo much more ground this library covers. It's not a single style library nor meant to be a basic strings palette. This is a refined toolkit designed to cover a vast range of styles and genres that hones in on specific playing styles not available to us in other libraries. This library can express a whispered secret or provide the underscore for an epic space battle. Just keep that in mind. It can wear a lot of hats.
Chris, you’re not helping (my wallet). I shall have to refer you to Mrs SoNowWhat? if you don’t start behaving.

But seriously, this does sound great and being a happy Strezov customer I’m very interested to see this in more detail. I think I get the concept and if it’s what I’m thinking then I can see that being very useful and how it differs from libraries offered to date.

Chris, you’re not helping (my wallet). I shall have to refer you to Mrs SoNowWhat? if you don’t start behaving.

But seriously, this does sound great and being a happy Strezov customer I’m very interested to see this in more detail. I think I get the concept and if it’s what I’m thinking then I can see that being very useful and how it differs from libraries offered to date.
Right? I was planning to make a bunch of tiny 99% off purchases. This has certainly piqued my interest. Can't wait to find out more.

Haha, sorry. I know I'm sounding like a shill at this point but seriously. The first thing out of my mouth when I started playing with the beta patches was. 'Holy. F**k.' I still waiting for the latest update so that I can start building this into my template asap for some upcoming projects. I hope do write a short demo piece for my review to demonstrate how easy it is to work with this library and get great results out of the box. I'm also looking forward to all the walk-through videos as I'm sure I've only scratched the surface thus far.

-C

That it doesn't sound like a real orchestra? What do you mean by that?

Just that I don't think the strings sound right. Could be the players, the equipment, who knows. Not airy enough, not expressive/musical enough. But maybe some more demos will show otherwise.

Just that I don't think the strings sound right. Could be the players, the equipment, who knows. Not airy enough, not expressive/musical enough. But maybe some more demos will show otherwise.
Hmmm. I think that's a rather subjective. Has any orchestra, strings, or whathaveyou ever sounded the same? All orchestral recordings are recorded in different ways. This may not sound like some other recordings, but it sound within the realm of a realistic orchestra. I think there are simply variations on the overeall sound of strings and so on. So I'm trying to understand, does "airy" necessarily mean it's good? I think it actually has a very unique and pleasing sound, which makes it sounds very musical and realistic to me. So whether or not it sounds like other strings I'm okay with that. Maybe the string characteristics aren't overly exaggerated. But I actually kind of like that. It seems more understated.

For me they sound 'different' -- in a good way (from the MANY Strg libraries I have now) - which, when I am trying to get a sound for a client - is often a challenge - sometimes even with all my choices. Heck it is why so many of us have multiple string libraries. I wish it were not so - but a reality nevertheless. I too agree with Simon - looking forward to a more DETAILED walkthrough and demos. I'd love to hear the shorts as well, btw (naked). Unless my first positive reaction fades with time / additional evaluation vids - this should be a nice 'new' arrow in the quiver.

The sounds and styles presented in Afflatus are vast in terms of colours and playing techniques. From modern minimalist to golden age and lush epic string ensembles - it's all inside just one collection, which makes Afflatus a great extension to other string libraries covering the bread and butter articulations as well. Here's a live playthrough of the Minimalist String Section.

Top Bottom