What's new

Strezov Orchestral Percussion

Just watched the demo and I like it a lot. I think the melodic percussions are the best.

This seems like stealing from George and co. Sounds incredibly good, especially for what they are asking for it.

I was one of the demo composers on this library. I wanted to share a few opinions I have of it.

The timpani is awesome. They recorded two different Timpani for this library. Timpani 1 has a nice clear and punchy sound while Timpani 2 has an extremely well rounded body with a kick ass low end. Most percussion libraries don't record Timpani in this way so having the two different types really makes a difference and was a stand out about this library for me. I layered both of them together in my demo as to get the best of both worlds.

The mallets instruments sound great. I didn't write a lot of super fast passages in my demo but when I was testing the library out, I ran it through its paces. It definitely functions a lot better than some of the other flagship percussion libraries out there. The microphone options also give great control over a super close "studio" sound as well as a wide/far cinematic one. I wish they had a few different mallet options for all of the melodic instruments but that would be putting this into a new price point compared to the competition.

Cross-fading Rolls. Personally, I feel like this library has done the best at giving us good sounding rolls that you can cross-fade with and they were consistent across the different instrument types. They also included different lengths of rolls for the cymbals which is always wonderful and each cymbal is vastly different sounding which makes it a great tool for finding the right swell for the piece. I used all of the different cymbal swell types in my demo for reference.

This library is certainly missing some quintessential instruments such as Concert Toms, Celeste, as well as many playing techniques but it makes up for that with the quality of the samples, how it functions, and simplicity. I really enjoyed the challenge of writing a piece only using this library and despite it's limitations, I was able to explore a lot of ground musically.

Best,

Chris

I was one of the demo composers on this library. I wanted to share a few opinions I have of it.

The timpani is awesome. They recorded two different Timpani for this library. Timpani 1 has a nice clear and punchy sound while Timpani 2 has an extremely well rounded body with a kick ass low end. Most percussion libraries don't record Timpani in this way so having the two different types really makes a difference and was a stand out about this library for me. I layered both of them together in my demo as to get the best of both worlds.

The mallets instruments sound great. I didn't write a lot of super fast passages in my demo but when I was testing the library out, I ran it through its paces. It definitely functions a lot better than some of the other flagship percussion libraries out there. The microphone options also give great control over a super close "studio" sound as well as a wide/far cinematic one. I wish they had a few different mallet options for all of the melodic instruments but that would be putting this into a new price point compared to the competition.

Cross-fading Rolls. Personally, I feel like this library has done the best at giving us good sounding rolls that you can cross-fade with and they were consistent across the different instrument types. They also included different lengths of rolls for the cymbals which is always wonderful and each cymbal is vastly different sounding which makes it a great tool for finding the right swell for the piece. I used all of the different cymbal swell types in my demo for reference.

This library is certainly missing some quintessential instruments such as Concert Toms, Celeste, as well as many playing techniques but it makes up for that with the quality of the samples, how it functions, and simplicity. I really enjoyed the challenge of writing a piece only using this library and despite it's limitations, I was able to explore a lot of ground musically.

Best,

Chris

Would love to see your walkthrough of this.

Also, best Timpani ever?

That's what I call great value for the money! I love how the Timpani 2 sounds. Seems like a really solid library overall.

Would love to see your walkthrough of this.

Also, best Timpani ever?
I'm not planning on doing a walk through. As far as "best timpani ever." Not quite. It doesn't haven't all the bells and whistles I'd like in a timpani library but it is pretty great sounding for what it is. It can cover the majority of orchestral Timpani writing but if you want to write Timpani solos or advanced Timpani rep, there are others I would use.

Best,

C

Thanks for putting your views here Darris.

Sound & playability are mostly my prios when considering a new library.
Since I do not neer all the special writing I like basic, and at this price point you cannot ask for it all.

I do however,( as said several times sorry to be annoying , but I do need a new good celesta) miss one reasonably essential mallet like the celesta....

Nonethess, this sounds like a good perc lib I need to acquire

Though it sounds really great I think I will wait for a more detailed walkthrough. The thing that disturbed me in the official video is this strange phasing in the gong tremolo patch (or maybe it should be like this). I am not sure how other patches respond to the modwheel modulation.

it's interesting. it may be a good addition to whatever you have now. others are great but i'm not that fond with the timpani (unless yea......a more detailed walkthrough). oh....that steel drum....gorgeous

I just implemented it in a current project and it fits right in. I just love the workflow and I think the engine is perfect for orchestral percussion, the fact that you can lay the instruments out how you want across the keyboard in one patch is perfect for my workflow. It’s a lot less unwieldy than the dozens of nkis that come with drum fury

And it generally sounds great too.

Top Bottom