What's new

Streaming (offline)

Alright, woodwinds are good to go, VCA's setup and colors tidy'd up a little aswell.

This weekend finally Get to start working on JXL brass, and I've got some ideas I want to incorporate

any tutorial requests?

going to probably trim YouTube down a little and make some tutorials when I'm done adding brass.

sigh, massive headache and I have to fix my GPU before I can do anything so not sure if I'll get to streaming tonight.

going to try to lay back down and maybe I'll be motivated to fix it when I get back up. strapped fans to my gpu heatsink but I can't push it down in the pci slot. getting zipties into those holes was a nightmare because the zipties are too thick, and I checked all the local hardware stores for alternatives this morning, it's all the same.

20200903_230648.jpg

haven't been able to even boot with the card, looks like it finally bit the dust.
trying to borrow a 290x for a month or so. but with 30hz I'll probably get headaches so I'm not sure how much ill be streaming.

on the other hand, I'll be signing up for some overtime and maybe I'll spring for the rtx 3080

sigh, massive headache and I have to fix my GPU before I can do anything so not sure if I'll get to streaming tonight.

going to try to lay back down and maybe I'll be motivated to fix it when I get back up. strapped fans to my gpu heatsink but I can't push it down in the pci slot. getting zipties into those holes was a nightmare because the zipties are too thick, and I checked all the local hardware stores for alternatives this morning, it's all the same.

20200903_230648.jpg

LOL, wtf are those fans? Noctua? What GPU is that?

haven't been able to even boot with the card, looks like it finally bit the dust.

I always have a couple of low end cheap GPUs for emergency purposes. You can probably get an used GTX 6xx or 7xx for cheap.

it's a 980ti

problem is my only display is a 4k TV so I need hdmi 2.0 or I'm suffering either 1440p with a 48" screen or 30hz at 2160p.

friend is bringing a 290x down, which means I'll be at 30hz if it works still.

I guess timing isn't bad, il probably try to pick up some overtime and spring for the rtx 3080

Iirc GTX 1030 supports HDMI 2.0, I think it's the cheapest option for that spec. Yeah, probably better to wait for the new cards at this point.

I'm "cherangat" from your streams btw. :)

well the 3080 will actually be a big upgrade

craigslist here gives me the option of a rx 480(slightly worse in most games) for 160$ or 400$ for a 2070(a little better).

might aswell pay 700 or so and get a truly next gen card that will hopefully last me as long as the 980ti which I had for nearly 5 years with no complaints

I can't believe I forgot to change the title last night, I'm on the road right now but I will be streaming tonight ladies and gentlemen

I'll be back in a bit. just trying to nap.

trumpets are baked, bones are baked - horns and low brass are next.

Sorry I just saw this. I’d like to catch one of these soon. They look very interesting.

I dont know how interesting that was, but the one I was referencing was doing some weirdness that you might appreciate.

if you have an external way of sending articulations to certain midi channels(i.e. logic's articulation or cubase expression maps) you can do "articulation" per channel. What I did with this, was load up 5 sustains on the same "instrument" for that channel, then used the polymap xfade, and changed the CC to CC1 for the polymap. Then I went to each individual sustain and turned off all but 1 dynamic, so I can do 2 things:

1.) I can change the dynamic range by just pressing keyswitches... C6-E6 = all 5 layers, C-D = pp-mf, D-E = mf-fff

2.) I can change the volume of the individual layers - by controlling the "articulation volume".

Aiming to be back on friday/saturday night.

Some mornings I'm just a little more exhausted and want as minimum human contact as possible LOL.

Top Bottom