What's new

Streaming (offline)

Did pretty well, everything except redesigning Divisi patches is done on strings. I'm sure there will be bits that need re-balanced a little here and there, but I can finally say it's time to take a step forward. Well sorta, I'm taking a step backwards and reverting to the close mic on winds, but aside from that - percussion is basically done - and then it's just brass and odds and ends(like choir, organ, ect)

I ended up sprucing up that one demo a bit,

best 32 seconds of your life.

Real talk though, I'm absolutely relieved that I have strings pretty much set. Not much I'm hearing that I want to change about percussion, I don't think rebalancing the winds with the close mics will take as long as last time with the new "iterator" setup I'm using. Then I can actually get to setting brass up, which is exciting for me.

ouch, I forgot to change the title again.

ohh well, I'm live -this time I'll be doing something radically different - working on some composition! stream will be up within the next 5-10 minutes

just realized it was 11am! gotta get to sleep.

I hashed out a good amount of ideas for my future brass "flex" piece to make everyone run out to buy JXL, and I can demand child support from @Orchestral Tools

thanks for tuning in, I should REALLY be more structured about this - but I figured a lot of boring template stuff - and it would be nice to do some writing now that I'm getting more motivated(due to the template looking less daunting)

Awesome stuff. Hope this goes up on youtube or somewhere else permanent after.

it will be for sure

Also, for those interested - I worked out a melody I had a foggy idea of on my way home from work. The goal at this point is to scratch a few variations and a core idea - and work in whatever direction I come up with. I had a few "softer" variations, but for the sake of brevity - the most energetic combination of the theme as well as a fun little soft/quirky weird transition thing (dream sequence?)

Attachments

• LiveComposingIdeas1.mp3
    604.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
firing up the stream, more exciting(sarcasm) woodwind rebalancing.

3rd time... is the charm? Might be worth staying on @Dirk Ehlert 's stream at until he's done for the night...

ofcourse when you're done with that if you want to subject yourself to someone going full A type on some woodwind samples - feel free to join me

I sabotaged myself again, accidently armed the real celli patch and messed it up. I think I'm going to put some CC blockers on tracks that are essentially finished so that this happens less often QQ.

I'm really tired and want to nap, so I figured I'll just restart the whole template so I don't have to rebalance anything. I've got a decent strategy now, and I'm definately planning on making individual VCA's for the woodwind sections.

Back up and running

join me - this time I set some CC eaters up on my strings - I really dont want to ever have to do that again.

So the game plan is next week, likely monday. I might pop the stream on for short periods of time between now and then - but nothing substantial.

After experimenting a little with berlin woodwinds revive, legacy, a combination of both, ect - I'm strongly considering working on the brass next and then coming back to see which ends up sitting better.

I really like the ORTF + Tree sound from revive, and I like the articulations - but I'd save a lot of ram by sticking with legacy, and would have the added benefit of 2 extra instruments(well 3, but no plans to write for Eb clarinet)

just an update, I'll be working more overtime the next few weeks(which in sure will turn into months) so I think my stream goals being shorter sessions is going to have to happen. Also wasn't the best about saving these on YouTube, the export is really clunky. I imagine anything important I can make a tutorial of later.

see you guys/gals/gorillas/gnats/gorgoroths/gelatos soon

ill be back tonight.

Clarinets are sounding nice and balanced, although I kind of liked what I had before - so I might rebalance clarinet 2 around 1, not sure.

I'm going to try to get some food in me and then I'll be ready to fire up the stream for quite a while. I'm going to do the un-thinkable at this point, and rebalance it using just the mixed mic.

I toyed with it a bit, and I feel like it's the most consistent way to use BWW legacy - even if I prefer some control over the depth, I can achieve that later on with any number of reverbs that I have under my belt. The plus side is that balancing a single microphone is really easy - and it'll be saving more ram(this is part of the goal here)

If im not completely satisfied either way due to the mic selection, might as well spend half the ram on it.

that was quick. clarinet done, taking a break - then i'll be back for oboes or bassoons.

it's my night off so I'm trying to be smart about this, stream it when ill be most productive, take breaks when I finish a task so that when I come back I can have a shorter/concise video to re-upload onto youtube.

Top Bottom