What's new

Streaming (offline)

OP
ProfoundSilence

ProfoundSilence

Back from the dead, I'm feeling froggy - if you want to hop in, doubt I'll be too productive but you'd free to join.

I'll be picking up some food and then getting the stream going tonight(and maybe again tomorrow night)

OP
ProfoundSilence

ProfoundSilence

sleepy sleepy

I didn't get a whole lot done, but I was more or less just trying to stay busy tonight.
The following is something that was sent by someone on stream and I ended up playing around until I got the following. He said it's a theme from a netflix show but IDK which one.

Attachments

• FilmScore_M1_Final.mp3
    382.8 KB · Views: 4
  • StreamCollabautomated.mp3
    431.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
OP
ProfoundSilence

ProfoundSilence

going to go live soon, lost a bunch of work tonight so probably not going to be writing.

OP
ProfoundSilence

ProfoundSilence

Hopping around a bit, mostly experimenting with stuff behind the scenes instead of wasting everyones time on stream .

Plus I've been watching random stuff in the background(like paid classes) so I can't exactly stream while I'm doing that.

Been thinking about orchestration stuff - and the idea that sometimes clarity in orchestration and strength in register isn't always ideal.

This example uses low double stopped trem(it's a minor 6th so it's pretty easy to finger) on the bottom end of the viola and the celli - and a held pedal in octaves trem in violin I and II - with a pedal just sustained in the bass.

There's nothing in the normal "meat" register at and above middle C. - and I intentionally put the only chords being trem'd with low dynamics but higher bow noise surrounding the register that the melody is in.

the melody which is quite low for horns, so I keep them pretty soft - and the trombones assisting(again, low dynamics to not overpower the horns). I had added some low winds to it - but decided it just didn't need it, and I liked the idea of the melodic statement being kind of said "under their breath". I hope to eventually reach a point where I can actually get composing on stream... but for now - atleast enjoy the fact that I'll have a week off in about 7 days so I should be able to fire the stream up even if it's just to do boring stuff.

Attachments

• Menacing.mp3
    211.1 KB · Views: 0
OP
ProfoundSilence

ProfoundSilence

really though, trying to stop setting the bar so high right now, streaming something is better than nothing - when my time is limited.

Feel free to suggest an orchestral work you want me to listen to

Last edited:
OP
ProfoundSilence

ProfoundSilence

going to sleep, it's hard to call it progress(I'm simply fixing what broke) but I made some of whatever it's called.

OP
ProfoundSilence

ProfoundSilence

I'm going to be on back in a little.

Rebalanced flute one and pretty happy about it.

OP
ProfoundSilence

ProfoundSilence

Here's a short little test passage now that I've got flutes 1 and 2 balanced and flute 3 started with just the initial sustain patch.

this is ofcourse more or less just a test to hear how they sound unison/harmony - both in parallel harmony as well as chords - then a short runthrough of some of the various shorts/ect harmonized with just flute 1 and 2(since that's the one that's done)

Attachments

• BWW Flutes Balance test.mp3
    549.8 KB · Views: 1
Top Bottom