What's new

Stream Deck - killer REAL button controller

I just posted a video where I show a nice Stream Deck Setup with Studio One :)
Lots and lots of great possibilities to improve workflows. Any suggestions for must-have macros for music production?

Just added Corsair K95 RGB Platinum XT Keyboard _ with (6) Macro Keys + Stream Deck software.
Will also truly appreciate top 'music' Macros to begin working toward separate Stream Deck XL purchase. Mostly Live-play Piano accompaniment with bass, drums, guitar, and related Mixing.

Using Win10 Pro & Reaper. THX !

I'm wondering when using streamdeck with logic, is it possible to have a single key which will first add a new track and then add a particular instrument preset from your logic library?
yes, i'm doing that to insert a preset track stack containing 3 instruments. keyboard maestro will do almost anything if you put the time in.

I bit the bullet and got a standard stream deck. Just wow where have you been all my life.
I've just configured Trevliga Spel's Midi plugin too and it's sends notes to Kontakt.
I work IT for a living and automation is my love, so do once use many is a mind set for me. I can't wait to configure this for all of my apps.
Just having the default single button press to open my favourite apps and sites is amazing. I've already got a Macro (multi action) set up with opens SoundSource and Toggles ARC off and on for when I swap between monitors and Phones. :)

Hello! I have bought Stream deck 15 keys. I want to use it with Protools but I see that it does not have a template for that Daw. Someone please share any or some information about it?
I have searched the internet and I have only found the option to do it through Soundflow, but it is paid and for now I am going to avoid it :(
Please! Thanks!

Hello! I have bought Stream deck 15 keys. I want to use it with Protools but I see that it does not have a template for that Daw. Someone please share any or some information about it?
I have searched the internet and I have only found the option to do it through Soundflow, but it is paid and for now I am going to avoid it :(
Please! Thanks!
Like most others have done, just design your own Custom layout for PT or whatever other program you plan to use it with. Plenty of icons are available online or you can even make your own custom ones as many of us have done. You don’t need a predesigned layout.

Thanks playz123 for answering. I know you can make your own, but I thought there was something approximate about what you can then customize yourself. In the stream deck itself comes the option of Cubase or Nuendo. Anyway, if someone is kind enough to share or inform me about where to find it, it would be of great help. I don't have much free time.
By the way, I have read that it gives problems in windows, right? Luckily I will use it mainly on MAC.
icons are also welcome :)
Thanks!

The most powerful way is to Trigger KM macros via the Stream Deck.

If you're talking about icon sets for cosmetics, just make your own from screenshots or downloaded images. I use a lot of plain black buttons with the built in text editor, as icons can actually be confusing when you have a lot of them. How do you design an icon for "separate polyphonic midi by voice"? Easier to have text showing "Chords to Divisi", for me anyway.

Last edited:
Thanks playz123 for answering. I know you can make your own, but I thought there was something approximate about what you can then customize yourself. In the stream deck itself comes the option of Cubase or Nuendo. Anyway, if someone is kind enough to share or inform me about where to find it, it would be of great help. I don't have much free time.
By the way, I have read that it gives problems in windows, right? Luckily I will use it mainly on MAC.
icons are also welcome :)
Thanks!

Here I show how to set up a Stream Deck with your DAW, maybe it helps:

Top Bottom