1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stephenson Steam nki's in Albion One loading behavior

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by jtnyc, Mar 12, 2018.

1. jtnyc

jtnyc Senior Member

Mar 5, 2013
    So with most libraries if you drag an nki on top of one that's already loaded, it will just replace it with no questions asked so long as you haven't made any adjustments. If you have made adjustments, it will ask you "really replace, changes will be lost". With the Stephenson Steam nki's in Albion One, it always asks no matter what. Anyone know why they behave differently?

Thanks

2. Mornats

Mornats Senior Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    I'm sure it happens if I move the modwheel at all on the patch being replaced.

3. Quasar

Quasar Senior Member

Jun 26, 2012
    That is odd. Does this here too. Not in Albion I (legacy), which behaves normally, but in Albion ONE. Happens even if I load an instance and do nothing, not even play a note.

As a side topic, why do some libraries show this dialog box where you can easily see it, yet others are invisible until you click it from the taskbar in Windows?

4. OP
    OP
    jtnyc

jtnyc Senior Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Yes, that what I described. That is normal behavior, but with these nki's it happens even when you do nothing.

5. OP
    OP
    jtnyc

jtnyc Senior Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Exactly, I find it really annoying when I'm auditioning sounds. And yes, Albion Legacy behaves normally here. I actually prefer the legacy steam to the One version. The percentage of great patches in the legacy steam is very high IMO. Not so much in One, but there are some great sounds there as well.

6. OP
    OP
    jtnyc

jtnyc Senior Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Maybe it has something to do with the EDNA engine. I don't have anything else that uses EDNA so I can't test it. Can someone from Spitfire explain why this happens? Thx -