What's new

Steinberg Support .. is anybody there??

alanmcp

Hi,
I don't post much in VI Control but I check out the latest posts, deal, announcements daily.
I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post in so apologies. I'm just wondering if Steinberg really are as bad at support as i think they are? Anyone waiting longer than 5 days for important product purchase support that only they can solve? Purchased a product in their sale and it's not compatible with my OS although their own online specs say different. Which company provides the worst support - either technical, general or otherwise, in your opinion?

Last edited:

Will Blackburn

They seem to be slower responding these days, especially via the ticket support. Never had a response within the same week. I've had more success calling them or FB messaging them.

If i was in your situation i would absolutely call them.

OP
A

alanmcp

it's not that easy when you have a severe speech impediment.. thanks for the input.

Tim_Wells

Tim Wells
I was trying to get in on 50% off upgrade deal a while back. I was getting an email address error. I submitted a help desk ticket. IT TOOK OVER 20 DAYS TO GET A RESPONSE! By then I had resolved the problem myself by registering under another email account.

To be clear, my ticket was with Steinberg at Asknet, who handles their on-line sales. But damn, I was trying to buy their product and they were that unresponsive. I damn near made the switch to Reaper right then.

OP
A

alanmcp

well, if they don't reply by end of business today I'm opening a dispute with Paypal for a refund. I have purchased the product but havn't registered it because my OS is saying it's not compatible, even though it installed correctly, it won't open at all. Shocking customer service, and I'm a huge Cubase fan.

OP
A

alanmcp

the annoying thing was I had to send the store proof of my eligibility for a crossgrade deal and they replied NEXT DAY so I went ahead and purchased..

Zero&One

I opened a request during the last sale about an upgrade. Took 12 days to reply, so I spent my money on something else. Lost any confidence with them, so I'll continue with Logic.
Hope you get sorted

TigerTheFrog

Reid Rosefelt
I know this may be obvious, and excuse me for asking, but do you have a Steinberg key? Because without this dongle, most Steinberg products won't work.

Sorry about your issue @alanmcp but for anybody who is able to call Steinberg, you'll get support immediately. It's worked so well for me that I don't even bother opening a ticket anymore.

OP
A

alanmcp

well it's not good that if you have an impediment you can't get access to support? Yes, I have a steinberg key and an account for cubase6, Cubase 9, Groove Agent...

J-M

A glorified bedroom composer...
Yeah, not very satisfied with their support. Always takes at least +10 days to hear anything from then, usually even longer.

OP
A

alanmcp

well, I've opened a dispute via Paypal. We'll see what happens now. Shocking that you have to wait so long when most providers now have a dedicated Live Chat and can fix any issues and problems there and then or at least point you in the right direction.

Guillermo Navarrete

Hello,

Hi,
I don't post much in VI Control but I check out the latest posts, deal, announcements daily.
I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post in so apologies. I'm just wondering if Steinberg really are as bad at support as i think they are? Anyone waiting longer than 5 days for important product purchase support that only they can solve? Purchased a product in their sale and it's not compatible with my OS although their own online specs say different. Which company provides the worst support - either technical, general or otherwise, in your opinion?

Sorry to hear about that, unless there is a massive backlog our support usually replies within 48hours max. Have you submitted a Support Request Form through your MySteinberg account? If so, do you have the support ticket number we can follow up on. Unfortunately as you have already initiated a dispute via PayPal, most probably you are just going to get a refund and we will never know what the actual problem was.

Best regards,
GN

Guillermo Navarrete

Hello again,

well, if they don't reply by end of business today I'm opening a dispute with Paypal for a refund. I have purchased the product but havn't registered it because my OS is saying it's not compatible, even though it installed correctly, it won't open at all. Shocking customer service, and I'm a huge Cubase fan.

Going back to this, have you activated the software? By that I mean opened the eLicenser Control Center and entered the activation code you received with your purchase? One thing is activating it and the other registering at MySteinberg. If you haven't activated it that might be the reason why it is not opening, although the error message seems quite strange.

Best regards,
GN

OP
A

alanmcp

Hi,
Yes, I've opened 2 support tickets in my My Steinberg account - one last Friday, and another 3 days ago to a different department, hoping one would get picked up sooner - the ticket ID's are #214358 and #214846. The dispute can be stopped at my end if I get a reply and a fix - it's about getting a communication. I purchased Halion 6 crossgrade, had to send proof of eligibility and that got authoirsed NEXT DAY , so I purchased the product. Downloaded all the files. Installed the Halion 6 files and they installed fine. After installing, the app has a "no entry" red UK road sign - that's how I'd describe it - through the app. When i click on the app I get the message that I'm running OS 10.11.6 and the program needs 10.12 and above to open. Now , the steinberg specs say different - 10.11 and above. If this is a newer upgraded version then fine , send me the older version that will work in 10.11.6 as stated in the specs and that's it sorted.
EastWest used to be awful at customer support , taking days to get a reply, as did Native Instruments but they all seem to have upped their game, except Steinberg, and I'm a huge fan of Steinberg products.

OP
A

alanmcp

I've just had a reply from Nexway AG, via my PayPal resolution centre, saying to contact Steinberg support directly. I had typed ALL the information and screen shots into the dispute box....
At least I got a reply!

Jeremy Spencer

In the past ten+ years, I have never received a reply from Steinberg support within 48 hours, typically takes at least a week.....or no reply at all.

Top Bottom