What's new

Steinberg NUENDO sale up to 70% off

I’ve looked a number of times. It doesn’t exist...., or I can’t find it.
I really like column and checklist comparisons.

The problem I find is that people generally say if you don't need surround sound and picture stuff, you don't need Nuendo. But then I read that article you attached and it looks like you can do more preview things that don't erase whats there until you accept it.

Though it could be Cubase does a lot of this stuff and I just can't find how to do it. I know one of the things I like in ProTools that I can't figure out how to do in Cubase is to change the BPM and change it back. PT lets you do multiple changes and you can create set points so it doesn't mess up the timing versus something in the picture or the next verse in a song say if you want a faster chorus. I don't think Cubase does this. But it sounds like Nuendo might.

Yeah, Nuendo has a somewhat similar 'advanced' automation system compared to PTHD/Ultimate with a 'preview' mode that does not exist in Cubase. I haven't played with it much, so I'm not sure how well it compares to PTHD/Ultimate.

IMO, Steinberg have done a pretty awful job when it comes to defining the differences between Cubase/Nuendo. It's certainly not as cut n' dry as just stating 'Nuendo is for post'... at least IMO.

EDIT: No need for a rant.

Last edited:
So question: how much is it to upgrade versions with Nuendo? For example, when they put out Nuendo 11, what is the upgrade price and do they include Nuendo in their summer upgrade sale? That's the one thing keeping me from jumping is that it will end up being several hundred dollars more to upgrade each version.

It’s hard to gauge what the upgrade will cost since they’re lowering the price overall. I can only assume it will still be more expensive than a Cubase upgrade.

what i miss is the ability to drag a clip to duplicate with just the mouse , you have to hold the alt key (mac) then drag and also need snap engaged

I'm currently a Cubase 10 user and very interested in the Nuendo Crossgrade offer that includes Nuendo 10 when it comes out. One use I can see being useful is the Game Audio to easily compose music and have it switch to Wwise to test/implement.

Beyond that though, does Nuendo have features or in the past had features that are useful for Music Production that doesn't end up in Cubase?

With the Nuendo 10, it appears they have included all the updates to the plugins as they did in Cubase Pro 10 and will include the new ones they did there. Most of the additional plugins revolve around surround sound.

I was at NAB this week and there was a Yamaha booth with a Nuage controller hooked up to Nuendo 10 running on a mac. I had quite the conversation with their Nuendo/Steinberg guy about their whole take on Nuendo. Seems my instincts were right. They're really pushing for the smaller post houses, 1/2/3 man shops that take audio post from soup to nuts where everything happens at a single facility. It was a fun talk with him as I work at a multi-room post house with all HDX rooms, and now have Nuendo at home. They really are on to some cool workflows..., but there's still a handful of things that IMO they need to address if they want to really penetrate that market in regards to QUICK workflows.

FWIW, the new doppler plugin was really cool..., and the Nuage controller is god damn amazing. I begged and pleaded for a 'little brother' kind of unit that would be more of a competitor to the Avid C24 or S3. Something in the $5k - $10k range. He said he was begging and pleading with Yamaha to do the same as well..., but that (as of right now) they aren't interested. Still though, that Nuage controller with Nuendo combined with PLE commands was SUPER SLICK!!!

Last edited:
I was at NAB this week as well. Spoke with the same Greg Ondo you did. First thing I asked him was, "Is that Nuendo 10 you are running there?" They have been doing a bang up job over the past year and a half of adding immersive audio tools to the kit.

I suspect that Yamaha will be listening to the Nuendo business unit as they are selling a LOT more units of Nuendo than in the past and obviously as you pointed out to smaller shops that will have a need for a desk of sorts that is affordable for a one or two person shop.

NAB was good this year. Lots of vendors showing new and innovative stuff and none of the ridiculous hype that we have seen of late in the film industry.

from the steinberg forum 5 more weeks and not all additions will be in 10 on launch
To my knowledge the only element delayed will be ARA support. My guess is it will fall a little later this year based on looking back at their .x releases for Nuendo. In other words ARA will appear in Nuendo 10.1, instead of a smaller maintenance release.

But I am speculating based on previous releases.

Steinberg Nuendo Dev Team is developing a video render engine as well that will be release during one of the "dot" revisions of Nuendo 10.

To my knowledge the only element delayed will be ARA support. My guess is it will fall a little later this year based on looking back at their .x releases for Nuendo. In other words ARA will appear in Nuendo 10.1, instead of a smaller maintenance release.

But I am speculating based on previous releases.
I'd like to give you a heads-up on where we are at the moment. We're in the well-advanced beta phase of the N10 project.
That said, and as I mentioned in another thread already, we won't be able to provide ALL the new features with the initial
Nuendo 10.0 version.

ARA and Cue Sheet support is expected for Nuendo 10.1 (closely after the initial release)
Video Rendering is expected for Nuendo 10.2 due to extended test phase (planned early Q3 2019)

We're also preparing a completely new website at the moment, comprising of great product information, videos and awesome
interviews. There are dozens of people in 5 different departments working on the launch at the moment.

If we stick to the plan (which I hope), the launch of NUENDO 10 is less than 5 weeks from now

Dang I’m good. :laugh:

And that was just looking back over the last two or three years. Seriously, glad it appears sooner than later.

Top Bottom