What's new

Steinberg NUENDO sale up to 70% off

ChazC

Cryogenically frozen in 1986 and just thawed out
Also, just be aware that if anyone on C10 buys the cross grade now if you activate it straightaway you will lose features until N10 is actually released as you’ll still be on N8 so don’t activate it until N10 is released! Pretty sure you don’t lose your Cubase license til activation but certainly worth checking prior to purchase!

@benmrx Yes, Nuendo will open Cubase projects (version features allowing).

benmrx

Also, just be aware that if anyone on C10 buys the cross grade now if you activate it straightaway you will lose features until N10 is actually released as you’ll still be on N8 so don’t activate it until N10 is released! Pretty sure you don’t lose your Cubase license til activation but certainly worth checking prior to purchase!

Sweet. Thanks! Now just hoping to get info on when this sale will end. Ideally I'd like to download N8 and run a few tests before making the purchase. There's just sooooooo many things to love about Nuendo for game audio and post (and this coming from someone that uses PTHDX for post all day everyday at work).

ChazC

Sweet. Thanks! Now just hoping to get info on when this sale will end. Ideally I'd like to download N8 and run a few tests before making the purchase. There's just sooooooo many things to love about Nuendo for game audio and post (and this coming from someone that uses PTHDX for post all day everyday at work).
N10 won’t drop til Q2 so I would think the sale will last a while yet (maybe end of March?).

I used to use PT since v5 but switched to Cubendo when Avid introduced their new extortion (sorry, pricing...) plan. Hopefully with N10 I won’t have to keep updating Cubase as well as Nuendo!

Only things I prefer in PT over Cubendo is the mixer GUI and not having to open audio editing in a separate window.

benmrx

N10 won’t drop til Q2 so I would think the sale will last a while yet (maybe end of March?).

I used to use PT since v5 but switched to Cubendo when Avid introduced their new extortion (sorry, pricing...) plan. Hopefully with N10 I won’t have to keep updating Cubase as well as Nuendo!

Only things I prefer in PT over Cubendo is the mixer GUI and not having to open audio editing in a separate window.
Nice. Yeah, PTHDX isn't going anywhere anytime soon at work, but their pricing plans are hard to justify for my own home studio. Currently on PTHD 12.7 at home, and I really don't want to drop $1k to get Mojave support..., with zero new features I would actually want/need.

jneebz

But things like reconform tools are invaluable when new versions of reels come in. It makes re-spotting cues an absolute breeze, even if thats not what it was meant for.
Hi, could you elaborate on how the reconform tools work? And also how you use it for re-spotting?

Thanks in advance!

colony nofi

Hi, could you elaborate on how the reconform tools work? And also how you use it for re-spotting?

Thanks in advance!
Take a look at the videos online - its a hard one to just describe in a forum post. But essentially, it compares two edl's and moves everything into place for you based on the differences, and you get to step through change by change approving or disapproving each one. For re-spotting - i use it in my master session. (I run two DAW's at once. One to host video and all my cues, temp audio etc, and this is sync'd to my second daw running the cues one at a time. Once the main video session is reconformed, its just a matter of changing the TC point of bar 5 in each of my individual cues as needed to match the TC in the main session.

This is not really the intended use of the reconform tool though - which is there mainly for audio post guys - where entire reels can be reconformed in minutes rather than hours! :)

colony nofi

Has anyone seen when this discount/special crossgrade pricing will end?

Also, if anyone knows....., can you open a Cubase project in Nuendo?
Yes indeedy! You can open cubase projects in nuendo. And even re-save in the cubase format. Note though - if youve used nuendo only tools/functions, some things can go a tiny bit haywire going back to cubase. I've usually only gone the one direction - cubase to nuendo.

FriFlo

In case someone else is interested ...
I asked Steinberg and surprisingly got a swift reply to my sales question (in contrast to my technical question which always took 2 - 4 months to answer ...).
The current Nuendo offer will last until the end of march and probably longer than that.

Michael Antrum

Only the good die young....
The current Nuendo offer will last until the end of march and probably longer than that.
That's good to know, thank you. I've downloaded the 60 day trial and having a play, though I'm not convinced I need it just right now, it's something I may well grow into and I don't see it being available for such a low cost again. I've got two cubase licences so I won't have an issue with the upgrade killing my Cubase 10 - so that's one thing I don't have to worry about.

It's the fact the Nuendo is going to be on the same development stream as Cubase is quite interesting too. But there are some nice features in Nuendo that I'm looking at through Youtube, and I'm thinking of grabbing this offer.

benmrx

Playing around with the Demo right now. Wow. The game audio integration with Wwise is amazing! The way it transfers loop points and pre/post exit cues is so slick.

Plus, using ‘edit mode’ I can finally edit audio ala ‘Pro Tools style’. So far I’m in love.

richard kurek

the crossgrade from cubase , all i read is its from version 4 up , anyone know if its any version , I use artist and pro , so replacing artist would be a good deal for me (using 2 elicensers have computer setup in different rooms)

Mishabou

Playing around with the Demo right now. Wow. The game audio integration with Wwise is amazing! The way it transfers loop points and pre/post exit cues is so slick.

Plus, using ‘edit mode’ I can finally edit audio ala ‘Pro Tools style’. So far I’m in love.
Is the Edit mode in CB10 the same as N8 ?

Last edited:

dzilizzi

I know nothing

If it is similar to Cubase, you can buy and not activate until you are ready to download. I have done this with Cubase upgrades and it seems to work fine. The only problem I have had is I get a very brief moment to download the .5 version before they change me to the next upgrade and I missed downloading 8.5. Not a big deal eventually, but 9 didn't work well at first. I just continued to use 8.

JonSolo

Not Han's Brother
Yes here is a video I found (and posted elsewhere on this forum):

I am curious as to how Nuendo 10 will improve on that!

Edit: I did notice that Cubase Pro 10 install is 21gb...and Nuendo 8 is 13gb. I have no idea what Nuendo 10 will be. But there is clearly a difference...so to rephrase an earlier question: what will I lose if I crossgrade to Nuendo?

Last edited:

ChazC

Edit: I did notice that Cubase Pro 10 install is 21gb...and Nuendo 8 is 13gb. I have no idea what Nuendo 10 will be. But there is clearly a difference...so to rephrase an earlier question: what will I lose if I crossgrade to Nuendo?
I think you’ll find most of the difference in those file sizes is the loops and sounds packs included with Cubase that aren’t in Nuendo.

Top Bottom