What's new

Star Wars: Battlefront 2 - custom trailer music

Great work. I'm impressed by the mixing as well, do you do that yourself?
Thank you! I provided the original music mix, but final trailer mix and integration of stems was done by the trailer mixer from Source Sound, who EA regularly works with (who is amazing). I would also get some mix feedback from him along the way. The first trailer sounds fairly close to the mix I provided, but they still squeeze more out of it. The launch trailer I linked in particular was a piece of mixing genius on their part. With so much going on I'm amazed at how they ducked and weaved everything together so cleverly.

Trailer mixing is real art, these guys are world class! I envy their skills, but not their task, haha!

Last edited:
Thank you! I provided the original music mix, but final trailer mix and integration of stems was done by the trailer mixer from Source Sound, who EA regularly works with (who is amazing). I would also get some mix feedback from him along the way. The first trailer sounds fairly close to the mix I provided, but they still squeeze more out of it. The second trailer I linked in particular was a piece of mixing genius on their part. With so much going on I'm amazed at how they ducked and weaved everything together so cleverly.

Trailer mixing is real art, these guys are world class! I envy their skills, but not their task, haha!
When you were getting mix feedback was it consistent feedback? In other words I'm always wondering what issues we don't know that we have to deal with when working with samples that we should be considering.

@Blakus do you have these cues available by themselves? Would love to listen to without the sound design! Congrats.
I would love to release the music, but unfortunately I can't share these cues. They belong to EA and are now part of a Star Wars music library for possible use in future SW related promos. I already heard one of the cues being used in a recent Playstation ad as well which was pretty cool.

When you were getting mix feedback was it consistent feedback? In other words I'm always wondering what issues we don't know that we have to deal with when working with samples that we should be considering.
The feedback was pretty straight forward. The most common was "percussion needs to hit harder!" in order to compete with all the other sound fx etc. That was something I needed to work on quite a bit - compression etc.

The other thing was making sure things weren't too "wet". Long reverb tails don't go down well when there's so many things competing for space on the audio spectrum.

It would be hard for anyone who does not like trailer music not to like this trailer music.....
Definitely going on the fridge!!

Thank you! I provided the original music mix, but final trailer mix and integration of stems was done by the trailer mixer from Source Sound, who EA regularly works with (who is amazing). I would also get some mix feedback from him along the way. The first trailer sounds fairly close to the mix I provided, but they still squeeze more out of it. The second trailer I linked in particular was a piece of mixing genius on their part. With so much going on I'm amazed at how they ducked and weaved everything together so cleverly.

Oh, forgot to reply to this one, so I'm 5 weeks late now.... :)
(I had to run out to go watch the symphony that night as I remember).

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, it really does sound remarkably good to my ears. A considerable part of that is your music of course.

Indeed, mixing at that level takes some proper skill. Very impressive.

And the last one sounds great as well. The Single Player one was probably my favorite of the three. That bit with the cannons/hand at 1:25 was very satisfying!

Top Bottom