What's new

Star Trek The Next Generation Theme Mockup (Infinite, CSS, Cinesamples etc.)

tabulius

I've been rewatching TNG from Netflix and I just love this theme - I never skip it. Here is my mockup using:

Strings: Cinematic Studio Strings, Cinematic Studio Solo Strings, Cornucopia Strings, Bohemian Violin, Ark1 slurred shorts for runs.

Brass: Infinite Brass, JXL Solo Trombone & Bass Trombone, Berlin Brass Solo Trumpet

Woodwinds: Infinite Woodwinds

Percussion and Harp are Cinesamples.

The synth part was from Omnisphere.

angeruroth

Meeb Avemcrit
Not completely perfect, but I like it.
IMHO:
The tone is ok, but I'd try to give it more breath in the mix.
Some notes sound a bit short, specially in the hi strings.
The attack is also too hard sometimes, mainly in the brass.
I think there's a brass short note missing, but I'm not sure. That's just different to how I remember, so it may be ok.
Anyway, it is very recognizable and enjoyable.
Congratulations!

OP
tabulius

tabulius

Not completely perfect, but I like it.
IMHO:
The tone is ok, but I'd try to give it more breath in the mix.
Some notes sound a bit short, specially in the hi strings.
The attack is also too hard sometimes, mainly in the brass.
I think there's a brass short note missing, but I'm not sure. That's just different to how I remember, so it may be ok.
Anyway, it is very recognizable and enjoyable.
Congratulations!

Thanks for the feedback! There is fixing and tweaking for sure, and maybe I went full FF in too many places and softer playing would be better. However, I was feeling lazy and needed to get back to other music projects so I thought this was "good enough". But personally, I think the result turned out to be better than I originally imagined, so I'm very pleased. This was a great arrangement practice.

mducharme

The sound is really good, but you have some very crunchy wrong notes here and there, and the melody is missing the occasional pitch or has a wrong pitch.

Kevinside

some notes are really wrong... no i don´t like it...
but css is doing a great job...did you eq them?

OP
tabulius

tabulius

some notes are really wrong... no i don´t like it...
but css is doing a great job...did you eq them?

I don't have a perfect pitch hearing so I'm sure it's not a perfect replica that's for sure. But as I said, I'm personally very happy with how close I got. There are eq and processing on every track. And I used more of the CSS's close mic sound and I brought solo players more on the front in the mix.

Top Bottom