What's new

StaffPad - Now Available for IPad with Major Sample Libraries Available

Greetings to all, it is the first time I publish on this website (sorry because I do not speak English well).
I have made a first composition/study on the dynamics of the Berlin Strings library of Orchestral Tools for Staffpad, ipad version. From mf to pppp!.
I think Berlin is missing a "pppppp" ;)

I'm using Staffpad for iPad, but this is very unstable now even if they've updated versions. When I draw music score and try to save it, it just freezes and I have to restart the app. After restarting, my last works were not (automatically) saved, and I wasted whole hour. I already spend a lot of money, this is not a cheap app, but I did not expect this kind of major errors with a lot of money!
Using a iPad Pro (3rd gen) without problems. After the most recent update, the app rarely crashes but when it does, the work is auto saved. And I’m on this app for hours.
maybe send your specs to support and see what they suggest?

i can't scroll and zoom with my drawing tablet, so i use mouse and keyboard, i don't know if its possible with another particular drawing tablet model.

I've tried it with a touch and a non touch wacom tablet. It works pretty well with either.
With the touch one zooming and scroll works. But actually I found it easier to assign scroll to one of the pen buttons. Did that on both tablets.

There are some helpful keyboard shortcuts as well. "E" for erase for example. And because I had scroll assigned to one of the pen buttons I had to use a mouse for the change clef, time sig, key, div staff settings.

The trick to getting it to recognise things correctly I found was to be quite zoomed in.

It's quite interesting. Personally I prefer inputting notes from a pre-selected value, I find that more efficient. But the playback on staffpad is impressive.

Using a iPad Pro (3rd gen) without problems. After the most recent update, the app rarely crashes but when it does, the work is auto saved. And I’m on this app for hours.

I have to agree here, I have had no big stability issues on the IPad Pro 12.9" (3rd Gen) version. Not saying its not happening to others but it may be a hardware performance issue.

Same experience here with iPad Pro 12.9" (3rd Gen).

I've tried it with a touch and a non touch wacom tablet. It works pretty well with either.
With the touch one zooming and scroll works. But actually I found it easier to assign scroll to one of the pen buttons. Did that on both tablets.

Which model was it? Can you scroll in all directions? I'm using an Intuos Pro Touch and can't scroll horizontally in StaffPad. Glad to hear it's working for you, so there is hope. :) Support is looking into it but in the meanwhile I assigned the < and > keys to the touch ring to use it as a jog wheel. Works quite well!

Is there a way to write an harp glissando for a specific chord different from the system tonality ? I can’t find any specific harp pedal symbol and putting a chord on the harp staff seems not to work. Thanks

Which model was it? Can you scroll in all directions? I'm using an Intuos Pro Touch and can't scroll horizontally in StaffPad. Glad to hear it's working for you, so there is hope. :) Support is looking into it but in the meanwhile I assigned the < and > keys to the touch ring to use it as a jog wheel. Works quite well!

Hi, i'm on an intuos Pro M too and i cant't also scroll horizontally, as you said, you assigned the < and > keys to the touch ring ? i tried but no luck, what are exactly the keys you assigned, the arrows on the middle of the keyboard or the keys < and (shift) > ?

I tried also to assign scroll to the second pen buttons, but no luck too...

Thanks,
Meaks.

Hi, i'm on an intuos Pro M too and i cant't also scroll horizontally, as you said, you assigned the < and > keys to the touch ring ? i tried but no luck, what are exactly the keys you assigned, the arrows on the middle of the keyboard or the keys < and (shift) > ?

I tried also to assign scroll to the second pen buttons, but no luck too...

Thanks,
Meaks.

Hi Meaks, it's actually the comma and period keys:

keyboard.png

The StaffPad documentation says to use the < and > keys but I think they meant the other way around. So, in the Wacom software, you should set it like that:

touchring.jpg

In case the screen does not follow the playhead (seems bugged), you can press a numeric key from 2 to 8 in order to jump to an off-screen bar. The numeric keys are meant to navigate rehearsal markers, but you can use them to "force jump" to the playhead. I have the button below the touch ring assigned to the number 8 for that purpose. And please send them a support ticket reporting these issues -- the more information the better.

Thanks @zolhof , it worked !
It's a good solution for now, i sent a support mail to StaffPad team asking them if they could resolve that issue in a future update, wait and see...

And sorry, i forgot to thanks those who liked the music i posted earlier, so thank you.

Meaks.

It's a cheap bamboo pen and touch cth-460. I bought it off ebay for close to nothing specifically to try with staffpad. Panning works with a two finger swipe horizontally and vertically. It's not quite as snappy as I'd like so assigning 'pan and scroll' to one of the pen buttons worked really well. It also means not having to change pen position in my hand to swipe.

I also have a non touch bamboo ctl-470 and prefer it with that. I'm contemplating getting a touch cth-470 and trying it with that as well.

Top Bottom