What's new

StaffPad - Now Available for IPad with Major Sample Libraries Available

Does StaffPad produce any release notes when they update, so that we can know what was changed, fixed, or added?

Also, same question for library updates. I just updated all the StaffPad Berlin Series libraries I bought, and I have no idea what things have been improved.
They include notes in the App store when they do updates for the software.

Lol, wow, I literally just sent them some feature requests to their site, a couple of which appear to be in this new update :)

(And, yeah, the new update is on iOS.)

One thing I don't see...
Does anyone know if harp pedaling diagrams are coming? (I didn't see it mentioned... hope I'm not repeating an earlier discussion.)

The Windows update has the long-awaited Taylor Davis (violin) and Tina Guo (Cello Legato) (with staccato, pizz, marcato, harmonics, sul pont), plus some StaffPad additions, Essentials Drummers, Ambience One.
Note stretch (hold on a notehead, drag left or right to change length).
Drag on dynamics to change value.

Last edited:
... and the iOS version has arrived for me; v1.2.1.
Same kinds of improvements as the Windows version and with the new sample libraries. Check out the Discover section with the update information.

Edit:
StaffPad essentials: Drummers 385MB
Taylor Davis 175MB
Tina Guo 350MB

There is a slight difference in purchase price, Windows slightly cheaper.

Last edited:
In terms of knowing whether an update to a sample library is available, you must go the StaffPad 'store' and scroll all the way to the bottom, where you'll find a button labeled 'Downloads and Updates'. Pressing that will give you current update availability to any libraries you've bought.

Currently, there is no changelog available to know what changes have been made. Hopefully, they will implement that in the future.
Thank you for your fast reply - but all the way to the bottom there is only a button labeled "Restore Purchases" (Windows 10, Surface Pro)

Last edited:
Thank you for your fast reply - but all the way to the bottom there is only a button labeled "Restore Purchases" (Windows 10, Surface Pro)
Oh sorry! Since I use an iPad, I was reporting my experience with that. Perhaps someone else can comment on how to do it using Windows.

Windows updates are done through the Microsoft Store.

Click the 3 dots in the upper right
Choose Downloads and Update
Click the blue Get Updates button

One thing I don't see...
Does anyone know if harp pedaling diagrams are coming? (I didn't see it mentioned... hope I'm not repeating an earlier discussion.)
I asked about this before. Apparently there is some harp functionality planned in the future so that you can change pedals in the context menu for the harp staff throughout a piece. I assume this will show some type of change on the score - ideally a harp diagram - but this was not mentioned.

I saw this posted once before but never saw a solution for it...

I just purchased one of the libraries. (CinePerc). And I'm having difficulty downloading. At one point it the download stopped and error out, saying some of the samples weren't available. Now when I retry (by hitting "Restore Purchases" it restores all my other libraries, but not that one. Instead it's just stuck on "QUEUED."

Any solutions?

I've tried restarting the app. I also tried rebooting the iPad. (I'm on an iPad Pro.)

Any help much appreciated.

I saw this posted once before but never saw a solution for it...

I just purchased one of the libraries. (CinePerc). And I'm having difficulty downloading. At one point it the download stopped and error out, saying some of the samples weren't available. Now when I retry (by hitting "Restore Purchases" it restores all my other libraries, but not that one. Instead it's just stuck on "QUEUED."

Any solutions?

I've tried restarting the app. I also tried rebooting the iPad. (I'm on an iPad Pro.)

Any help much appreciated.
Maybe also try change internet if possible: share internet over your phone or use wi-fi.

Forgive me if this already been asked... :whistling: There are 67 pages of this thread to scroll through..

But how usable are the core, included samples with Staffpad? For example, if I just wanted to sketch some harmonies and melodies in Staffpad on my tablet. I don't need them to sound great but just usable enough. And then when my idea is more fleshed out, take it to my DAW and finish it up with my real, good-sounding sample libraries.

I found the stock sounds perfectly serviceable myself, but the strings in particular were a big upgrade when I bought the Berlin Strings. I used these with the stock sounds for a while, but eventually bought the other Berlin Sections over time. But you can go a long way with the stock sounds.

If you dig through the mega-thread, there are some examples where members kindly posted the same music rendered with different libraries, inluding the stock sounds, which was very informative.

The core sounds are on par if not better than Notions built in library and the percussion and piano instruments are very useable.

Top Bottom