What's new

Stable, high-performance Ryzen build thread

Anthony

I'm considering building a Ryzen system in the near future and so have been reading the various threads on this subject. It would be helpful to me and others planning to go down this route if complete specs were made avaialble in one place (here) for recent builds that are both stable and perform well. I was going to copy and consolidate all the specs I found but thought it would be best for the actual builders to do this.

It would be nice if relevant information beyond specs was provided like the age of the build, the DAW you're using, etc.

Thanks...

I’m having a new Amd Ryzen pc built atm when I try it out I will post my findings...I went with 3950x...should arrive in about 10 days time.

I did a 3950x a few months back. 128gb 3600mhz, 1tb nvme gen4, 5700xt reference, x570 gigabyte, 850w antec. It's in an O11 dynamic, with an arctic cooling AIO on the cpu and a few of their teflon fans providing case pressure.

Stability wise I managed to overheat the ssd once while testing airflow configurations, but that wasn't unexpected. Now it seems happy doing overnight renders while gently expelling lukewarm air.

Still using an asus xonar stx, which is super basic but the latency is great.

I did a 3950x a few months back. 128gb 3600mhz, 1tb nvme gen4, 5700xt reference, x570 gigabyte, 850w antec. It's in an O11 dynamic, with an arctic cooling AIO on the cpu and a few of their teflon fans providing case pressure.

Stability wise I managed to overheat the ssd once while testing airflow configurations, but that wasn't unexpected. Now it seems happy doing overnight renders while gently expelling lukewarm air.

Still using an asus xonar stx, which is super basic but the latency is great.

Gen 4 NVME overheating is something I've been hearing a bit about lately.

Yeah it seems to be where the bottleneck is for the moment. You can overheat the older tech too, but it takes longer so that has less real-world relevance. For me the takeaway is that giant heatsinks become saturated without airflow. Which is obvious in principle but it doesn't hurt to have a reminder.

Top Bottom