What's new

Spitfire Westworld - Winner Announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great choice for winner, it was definitely the one that stuck out the most to me. Also really glad the Alan Silvestri-style one from the other thread got runner-up. It was pretty funny watching all the comments on the livestream going "Are you kidding?! Is this a joke?!" as if the contest had a "no fun allowed" rule or something. Lots of butts were hurt today.

At what page did he posted the entry here ?

It was one of the few entries I remembered very well, so winning is well deserved! Congrats! 😄

I humbly submit my entry! My take on Caleb's genre switch was to enter the world of a video game with 8-bit music and sound. I had a blast with this melody and creating fun variations building up to the final climax.

This was such a great experience. Thanks to everyone involved for putting on this competition. Thanks for listening!

Congrats Dude :dancer:

Well done David!! Gotta say I *loved* all of the runners up as well - always a good sign when you shout “YES!” At the top of your voice while watching or laugh out loud in surprise!!

and well done to everyone who entered - the practice involved in taking part is super good for leveling up your skills.

good stuff!!!

P x

I thought there was going to be at least a live stream instead of a 5-minute video. It looks like people are in need of something fun and light in this covid-19 situation, which explains things. Otherwise I don't see how the 1st prize would ever make it into the actual scene. A bit ironic after all these heated debates on architecture and storytelling :) Congrats to everyone for skilling up - I hope we get more of this!

Last edited:
Well done David!! Gotta say I *loved* all of the runners up as well - always a good sign when you shout “YES!” At the top of your voice while watching or laugh out loud in surprise!!

and well done to everyone who entered - the practice involved in taking part is super good for leveling up your skills.

good stuff!!!

P x

Thank you so much Paul, this competition was amazing in giving so many of us an opportunity to score to an awesome TV show! I had so much fun with this scene!

Congrats David. I watched this competition unfold from the sidelines. I played with the idea of entering, but in the end knew the competition would be fierce, so got on with other things.

I must say, I was a bit shocked by all the negative comments on YouTube. No need for that - what does it achieve but make them look like a bunch of...

Thank you so much Paul, this competition was amazing in giving so many of us an opportunity to score to an awesome TV show! I had so much fun with this scene!
Congrats David !
I suspect you’ll be getting lots of calls soon.
if you find yourself in need of an assistant, I’m available and have a valid passport 👍🏽

Reactions: mkm
At least a few of the winners embraced the genre change a bit. Was a bit surprised by some of the ones that didn’t make it, even out of the small pool I watched. You never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom