1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spitfire Website Now has Reviews

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by driscollmusick, Sep 13, 2018.

1. LowweeK

LowweeK Loïc D

Oct 12, 2015
    Paris, France
    Before reading manufacturer’s reviews, I suggest reading a review company’s reviews. :D
    And maybe reviewer’s review too.
    (« Mr A is an obsessive character, don’t trust him. He keeps complaining about his wife’s volume inconsistencies, dog’s bark weird panning and the wet sound of his living room”)...

BeneJ likes this.
  2. Fry777

Fry777 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2017
    What about Chamber Strings then @ctsai89 ? :grin:

3. jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

I'd give Chamber Strings a 5 but as there isn't a patch that instantly makes me write music better than JW, I have to mark them down slightly.

mikeybabes and SoNowWhat? like this.
  4. SoNowWhat?

SoNowWhat? realised I can type here

Jul 26, 2016
    Then you’re not using it right.

...neither am I for that matter. :cool:

jononotbono and mikeybabes like this.
  5. jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

haha! Well saved.

SoNowWhat? likes this.
  6. SpitfireSupport

SpitfireSupport Customer Experience

May 8, 2017
    Hi everyone. We recently started using Trustpilot to gather reviews for our product pages. We send a request to review to all new purchasers and they are asked to send a "service review" (that is what you see on trustpilot.com when you search for us) and then a specific product review for what they have bought - this is what you see on our product pages.

We do not moderate reviews unless they explicitly break the Trustpilot terms or in the case of product reviews - are not actually product reviews (though that hasn't actually happened).

The reason some products do not have reviews is that we simply haven't collected enough reviews to make it worth publishing. Partly because we've only recently started collecting them.

Some of our products genuinely have 5/5 but others do not - Phobos for example.

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about our reviews.

Ben

7. SpitfireSupport

May 8, 2017
    Don't bet your bananas, you'll lose all your bananas. We post everything that doesn't break Trustpilot's terms

Wally Garten, kimarnesen and Saxer like this.
  8. SimonCharlesHanna

SimonCharlesHanna Senior Member

Feb 3, 2012
    I think people need to chill out a bit on Spitfire.

TGV, kimarnesen and AlexanderSchiborr like this.
  9. erica-grace

erica-grace Senior Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Correct.

And people need to chill out with the fanboy stuff in other threads as well.

richardt4520, TGV and hawpri like this.
  10. Well there you have it! I must admit, Spitfire certainly has top notch support and an active presence in the community. I know where my next major purchase will be.

11. ctsai89

ctsai89 Poem of Ecstasy

Oct 4, 2016
    3. Too many imperfections and inconsistencies

12. ctsai89

ctsai89 Poem of Ecstasy

Oct 4, 2016
    But please note SSS gets 4.9 or 5 from me. Only thing I don’t like is the legato delay but that’s every library

13. jbuhler

jbuhler Senior Member

Jun 19, 2016
    US
    You like SSS that much better than SCS? Weird. But to each their own.

14. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Senior Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Actually Spitfire seems to accept negativity better than most other devs. They as I understand it have asked Mike not to censor debate about their products even in the announcements forum where most devs don't want negatives. As the worlds lowest level dev, I respect them and their products as probably the worlds highest level dev. Christian is interesting and helpful in his Youtube stuff. They give stuff away (I love that), donate to charity and seem to be innovative and are sort of led by their muse instead of just making stuff to make money. What is not too like?

Oh and I would love to have their reviews, too many of mine are one star and I bet they have never had one that said the samples sounded like they were recorded through a bad cellphone!

Wally Garten likes this.
  15. BeneJ

BeneJ Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Spitfire published my 4 star review for Studio Strings.

If I were to review Spitfire's TrustPilot implementation, I'd say:
    Once they've rectified their double-naming problem, they'll be entitled to a full 5-stars for TrustPilot implementation.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    jbuhler likes this.
  16. tehreal

tehreal Senior Member

Sep 6, 2017
    The naivete of some people is mind boggling. I'll just leave it at that.

richardt4520 likes this.
  17. SpitfireSupport

May 8, 2017
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's a Trustpilot bug, I need to ask them if they have it logged for a fix

BeneJ likes this.
  18. reutunes

reutunes Senior Member

May 1, 2012
    I guess more information on the official site is a good thing. At least they didn't introduce those incredibly intrusive pop ups that say, "Simon in Boston has just bought... blah blah blah". Sites that use that kind of marketing need a serious rethink.

FinGael, zolhof and kimarnesen like this.
  19. gussunkri

gussunkri Member

Jun 28, 2018
    The cynicism of some people is mind boggling. ;) I think parts of the world suffer from too little trust, rather than too much trust.

kimarnesen likes this.
  20. I personally don't think there's anything wrong being cynical when it comes to spending our hard-earned dollars, especially in a world bombarded with glitter and gold. All these developers are competing for your business, and sometimes it's hard to tell what the real deal is. I was cynical about the SF reviews...but they themselves reassured me the reviews are legit and unfiltered. THAT is a classy developer.

richardt4520 likes this.