What's new

SPITFIRE - The Spring Wish List! LAST Chance! Use your codes by 23:59 BST TONIGHT!

I love the soft horn sound of Loegria. Also the strings sound great. Anyone here willing to share opinions about this library as I am a bit tempted by the current discount? Btw i own sss and bh ct.

I love the soft horn sound of Loegria. Also the strings sound great. Anyone here willing to share opinions about this library as I am a bit tempted by the current discount? Btw i own sss and bh ct.
There's a recent thread about Loegria in Sample Talk. I said there I like the Euphonium/Horn patch, and I'll repeat that here. :)
The strings don't do many things well, but what they are designed for, they do very well. The flaut, con sords and the shorts are very useful. I use them all the time, sometimes for layering, sometimes by themselves. But what I write is usually very well suited to the library, so YMMV.

Still missing ICENI and UIST .. both are approved, but can handle only one for now.
i have Uist and it’s a difficult one: sure, sound is gorgeous. But it’s really a lot of « horror » articulations, sometimes a patch is just 3 notes and the rest is blank so the spread is really not well used.
FX are not synced to your DAW tempo so I find the rhythmic ones cumbersome to use (a bit old fashioned, script wise).
Sure you have the longs arts but they’re just a fraction of the patches.
Paul’Thomson walkthrough is indicative of the kind of content you might expect.
It’s really, really niche and this niche is tension, horror and with hundreds of patches almost similar but different enough to avoid repetition-machine gun- sample lib feeling. But no round robins , that the flip side.
A missed opportunity, mainly because of workflow.
I’ld better have Iceni.

i have Uist and it’s a difficult one: sure, sound is gorgeous. But it’s really a lot of « horror » articulations, sometimes a patch is just 3 notes and the rest is blank so the spread is really not well used.
FX are not synced to your DAW tempo so I find the rhythmic ones cumbersome to use (a bit old fashioned, script wise). .......

I’ld better have Iceni.

Well done !! I have had this sense without putting a clear description around it.
Yes, I did go through PT Walkthrough multiple times (not completely in-depth) and those many short, somewhat repetitive patches are not as useful for my needs.
ICENI feels much better now and my concerns covered ! Many THX !

BTW __ The recent BT Phobos posts are slowly causing extra GAS to build, as it has been of interest since release ....

Last edited:
Hey Mannix, Ive been using Phobos since its release and have had zero issues with it (using logic on an iMac retina 5k 64G RAM).
So now you guys have made me curious. Can someone check out some things for me?
@windyweekend @jiffybox @TheKRock

First go into any preset, then change any parameter, the preset selector then reverts to say Factory Preset, correct?

Next go to CH/Loops/FactoryScape preset, mute source 2,3, and 4. Now delete all the mappings for source 1 Great Percussion, and zero out the HPF. I get almost no volume from source 1, how about you? If I add 105 Great Percussion to a default/init patch, I get a NIN sounding drum loop.

Same thing with the FactoryScape with a Broken Tape Machine variant.

Now go to BT/Hybrid Melodic-Rhythmic/8th Note Pulse Field 1-3. Same as before, mute source 2-4. Do you get any sound from source 1? It's one of the Furry Lines Piano, not sure which one because hovering doesn't pull up the name like the others.

There are others as well, these are just ones I know right off the bat. Others have sources present in presets, but muted for no reason, like CH/Loops/Epic Boom, which has source 1 muted.

Also, the Y axis on a X/Y pad is backwards for me. Up is down on the GUI and vice versa.

Let me know if you guys are seeing the same problems.

I finally purchased the Bernard Herrmann Library at 40% discount, I look forward to enjoy discovering, and utilizing this library in my productions.

Thanks to Spitfire Audio for the great deal.

So now you guys have made me curious. Can someone check out some things for me?
@windyweekend @jiffybox @TheKRock

First go into any preset, then change any parameter, the preset selector then reverts to say Factory Preset, correct?

Next go to CH/Loops/FactoryScape preset, mute source 2,3, and 4. Now delete all the mappings for source 1 Great Percussion, and zero out the HPF. I get almost no volume from source 1, how about you? If I add 105 Great Percussion to a default/init patch, I get a NIN sounding drum loop.

Same thing with the FactoryScape with a Broken Tape Machine variant.

Now go to BT/Hybrid Melodic-Rhythmic/8th Note Pulse Field 1-3. Same as before, mute source 2-4. Do you get any sound from source 1? It's one of the Furry Lines Piano, not sure which one because hovering doesn't pull up the name like the others.

There are others as well, these are just ones I know right off the bat. Others have sources present in presets, but muted for no reason, like CH/Loops/Epic Boom, which has source 1 muted.

Also, the Y axis on a X/Y pad is backwards for me. Up is down on the GUI and vice versa.

Let me know if you guys are seeing the same problems.
Seeing the same thing. I edited the params on the 105 Great Percussion to the same as you get for another working patch but it didn't make any difference until I hit the PARAMS button, then it started giving the Reznor beat. Couldn't replicate this on the others though, which says to me it might have been the combo of the Great Perc + the W/X/Y convos selected. Will have to look into this more. There's too many variables to play with!

Seeing the same thing. I edited the params on the 105 Great Percussion to the same as you get for another working patch but it didn't make any difference until I hit the PARAMS button, then it started giving the Reznor beat. Couldn't replicate this on the others though, which says to me it might have been the combo of the Great Perc + the W/X/Y convos selected. Will have to look into this more. There's too many variables to play with!
Thanks for looking into it! Let me know if you figure anything out. I finally put in a ticket with support, been meaning to for a while. I will report back with any information from them.

Well done !! I have had this sense without putting a clear description around it.
Yes, I did go through PT Walkthrough multiple times (not completely in-depth) and those many short, somewhat repetitive patches are not as useful for my needs.
ICENI feels much better now and my concerns covered ! Many THX !

BTW __ The recent BT Phobos posts are slowly causing extra GAS to build, as it has been of interest since release ....
Glad I could help, really !
In fact for me it was these days when I got excited by pre ordering/launch sale price like it would never happen after. I hesitated between this and other offers and felt victim of the now or never syndrom. It was a lot of money, specially for a hobbyist who will never recoup with the expense. Should have stood by my 1st impression. Now that SA does regular sales, it’s much easier tonmake educated decisions :))

About Phobos : though I like the loops, I find much of the walkthroughs ridden with the low mid build up of the convos.
And I’ld be wary about the browsing experience - I don’t like multiple drop down menus, especially of that size (long lists).

Erik

xxxxxxxx edit ................
I’ld better have Iceni.

Sorry to pester, but this produced a much more specific question. Since I now have Albion ONE, Tundra, Loegria ...... what are the obvious, key 'components' I am missing, and that ICENI will provide ??
There is so much content involved, I will appreciate just the most important reference points/descriptors and I can check these prior to purchase.

Sorry to pester, but this produced a much more specific question. Since I now have Albion ONE, Tundra, Loegria ...... what are the obvious, key 'components' I am missing, and that ICENI will provide ??
There is so much content involved, I will appreciate just the most important reference points/descriptors and I can check these prior to purchase.
Probably the main „opponent“ of the MA series by OT (though this was out years ago)
Mostly those low instruments for the apocalyptic war (hence the wallpaper on it) sound (I think that describes it best).
Probably the easiest way is to watch DJs video about it, great track, shows all the strengths and possibilities of the key features

Probably the main „opponent“ of the MA series by OT (though this was out years ago)
Mostly those low instruments for the apocalyptic war (hence the wallpaper on it) sound (I think that describes it best).
Probably the easiest way is to watch DJs video about it, great track, shows all the strengths and possibilities of the key features

THX for DJ video link.

Can't count how many times I have looked very hard at ARK(s), but either (1 or 2) is roughly double the current Wishlist promo cost of ICENI.

My question could be rephrased …… can most 'capable' Albion One /Tundra /Loegria users find substitutes for most content in ICENI, or is ICENI a truly salient Library beyond these other three?

Sigh. Once again, I've never received an email. Looks like I'm gonna miss out on this one, as I've not heard back from support yet.

THX for DJ video link.

Can't count how many times I have looked very hard at ARK(s), but either (1 or 2) is roughly double the current Wishlist promo cost of ICENI.

My question could be rephrased …… can most 'capable' Albion One /Tundra /Loegria users find substitutes for most content in ICENI, or is ICENI a truly salient Library beyond these other three?
Don‘t have Iceni, but I guess the (monster) low brass and low strings/Celli could be „recreated“ by stacking Albion One patches or using the 8vas to a certain point. Though the (monster) low brass has instruments reaching even deeper notes as far as I know.
The loops are probably unique to Iceni.

MA is much more expensive, but offers a variety that is so much bigger than Iceni. Though Iceni was mostly made for the huge celli patch (24 of Im correct) and the (monster) low brass, and MA being designed to offer everything for epic (so also woodwinds, huge variety in Percussion and Choir, but no Synths).
Albinos are great at what they were designed for, but not much for anything more (imo).
But yeah 1500€+tax vs. 449€-discount is a huge difference

Just got in and got my codes manually from support, but they didn't write an expiration date. When is this sale officially over?

From my email:
These discounts expire at 23:59 BST on 16th May 2018 (go here to see what time that is where you are).

Not sure if the link will work from here

Just picked up the swarm bundle for 30%. Actually it's not sold as a bundle anymore since they added Orchestral Swarm which I already had..but the codes were the same price for each swarm. Really lovin' the Mandolin one!
Thank you Spitfire

Top Bottom