What's new

SPITFIRE - The Spring Wish List! LAST Chance! Use your codes by 23:59 BST TONIGHT!

Still deciding between chamber evo or the symphonic evo. Any advice on this as well?

Watching for your Replies !
Both approved on Wishlist and tough choice for only (1). Really want OA ChamberEVO for 'waves', but -25% ...... vs -40% for SSS EVO.
Really can't make a 'bad' selection. :cautious:

(edit)
Now watching CH_SSS EVO video again to try to build some bias …….
Not having SF_SSS, makes SSS EVO a strong choice from that perspective.

Last edited:
Reactions: rvb
Very last hours ... and still not decided : Chamber strings or symphonic strings ?
Any advice ?
I've had SCS for a little while now, and just got SSS during the current sale. I'd say SCS is the better choice if you have to choose only one. That said, I freakin' love SSS, and layering SSS with SCS gives me exactly what I was hoping for in terms of sound and flexibility.

Phuuhh, finally it's over.

I didn't want to buy anything.
...well, however...

Happy owner of a whole SSOrchestra now, +HZ Perc.:grin:
With 20% discount, I paid (Broken Link Removed) EUR for SSO. This is about (Broken Link Removed) EUR for each of the main groups, SSS, SSW and SSBrass, plus Masse included for free, if counting that way.
This is a lot of cash, for me at least. But I think, these are long lasting top quality libraries for very reasonable prices, also compared to other offerings....blabla, only justifying my GASyndrome.

Need a ring to rule ... I mean, to learn them all now!

Both... :sneaky: ;) :cool:

I grabbed SSW & SSS expansion packs.

I'm wondering why. I think it's very likely the "pro" will be branded combining the expansion with core, and the SCS PRO had a $100 upgrade tag, deeper discount if you owned the libraries pre SSO era. Seems more cost effective to wait?

Both... :sneaky: ;) :cool:

I grabbed SSW & SSS expansion packs.
I'm wondering why. I think it's very likely the "pro" will be branded combining the expansion with core, and the SCS PRO had a $100 upgrade tag, deeper discount if you owned the libraries pre SSO era. Seems more cost effective to wait?
Well...
- a bird in the hand...
- tomorrow is promised to no-one...
- carpe diem...
- because I felt like it...
One, or all, of the above... :2thumbs: ;)

Last edited:
I’ve just realised that one library I totally forgot about placing on my wish list when the sale started (Spitfire Solo Strings), is reduced to half price, and I probably could have got it even cheaper with a sale discount!

Did anyone pick this up? If so, can you please tell me what the discount was to compound my misery! :sad: :crying:
I got Solo Strings about a year ago. And I have to say I have not used it as much as I had thought I would. It is an ok sounding library, but Spitfire have come a long way since the release, and the library should could use an update. It should be coming, since the library was supposed to be retired about a month ago, but it still hasn't.

I picked up Sacconi Quartet. Once again, lovely sounding samples in isolation, but the legato script is quirky at best and the articulation levels are all over the place. Sigh.

Spitfire did an awesome Black Friday deal last year. Something like 3 string libraries for the price of one.

I had already spent my money elsewhere but I’ll be very interested to see what they come up with this year...

So I finally made up my mind about which libs to buy. When's the next wishlist sale? :2thumbs:
Spitfire had a nice Pairs sale at the end of last July where they pre-selected libraries in pairs and you got them both at a reduced price, or got a discount on one if you owned the other.

Not sure if that's coming back, but the timing lines up with when the SsS introductory price ends.

I just want, or rather need, the Orchestral Percussion, that's all. :grin: Why is the code time limited? Due to that I won't buy it, yet if the code was still active, I'd buy the library right now. :laugh:

Top Bottom