What's new

SPITFIRE - The Black Weekend! With Live Q&A with Christian & Paul

Actually I was watching the draw on my phone, while simultaneously running a bath for my kids. When Christian said there were three more more prizes to go, my three year old ran into the bathroom shouting about needing the toilet, and promptly crapped all over the floor.

So I missed the end of the draw and had to clean up poo instead.

Living the dream.
That's the thing, right? I've spent the weekend at kids birthday parties whist sneaking the odd glance at the unfolding Spitfire extravaganza. It all looked amazing, but there was never any way I was going to catch much of it. Rock and Roll. Didn't even win on the tombola either...
Next year..

I missed the draw, but did they say anything about all tombola ticket holders getting something like last years Euphone?

been a blast watching the live streams, kind of puts the sanity back into BF (or takes the insanity out?)

I was hoping for something like that too, but I feel like they announced that at the end of the weekend, as in Monday? That may just be wishful thinking though and I might be completely wrong. We’ll see.

The tombola is really very generous. While I would have preferred steeper discounts (I'd bought more), I appreciate the generosity with no expectations of anything in return. Just to be clear: I didn't win anything.

I have huge respect for SF for how they've conducted this event...It is quite refreshing to see a company that seems to care how they engage with customers.

For anyone that missed the live stream for tombola CH actually misread a number aloud and committed to honour the prize for both tickets - the prize is worth £1200!

If im honest I was a little conflicted becasuse I think I was also lucky enough to win a prize worth £1200 but was a collection of 4 libraries I alreadt own and didn't include the Chamber Strings or Tundra libraries that I've been eyeing up for a while.

I do however feel that my prize could help remove a significant barrier for someone who doesn't have the opportunity/means to buy these libraries for themselves...does anyone know how the 'gift it on' works as I know a few deserving composers who are struggling and it could help even out the playing field a little.

J

I have huge respect for SF for how they've conducted this event...It is quite refreshing to see a company that seems to care how they engage with customers.

For anyone that missed the live stream for tombola CH actually misread a number aloud and committed to honour the prize for both tickets - the prize is worth £1200!

If im honest I was a little conflicted becasuse I think I was also lucky enough to win a prize worth £1200 but was a collection of 4 libraries I alreadt own and didn't include the Chamber Strings or Tundra libraries that I've been eyeing up for a while.

I do however feel that my prize could help remove a significant barrier for someone who doesn't have the opportunity/means to buy these libraries for themselves...does anyone know how the 'gift it on' works as I know a few deserving composers who are struggling and it could help even out the playing field a little.

J
You should ask it live, or contact the team to know if they can send it to one of your friends I guess. Congrats anyway! :)

J
Congrats!

Do tombola winners get notified via e-mail? Is there a way to know who won without watching all the live-streams?

54B8AC9C-EB59-476C-AC98-78304CA30FF1.jpeg @Spitfire Team please take this as constructive criticism and not cynical toxicity. But sending your mailing list this particular message is a misstep into irresponsibility. As this is a vague statement with no additional clarifying information or context, it would appear to be an advertising claim that you are selling happiness. Please don’t do this. It’s been very classy otherwise.

Actually, they are merely notifying you that the sale is ending soon, in case there was still something you could have missed.

Hi, I'm looking for playable fast runs for strings and woodwinds. I know OT and Eastwest have this feature. Do any of the spitfire string and woodwinds libraries have the ability to do runs?

Hi, I'm looking for playable fast runs for strings and woodwinds. I know OT and Eastwest have this feature. Do any of the spitfire string and woodwinds libraries have the ability to do runs?
The Spitfire Symphonic strings have a 'Run' legato patch (Legacy Legato). The performance patch also supports runs. It sounds really good on some things and very bad on some. The Cinematic Studio Strings can also produce runs. I did a very fast (and poor) mockup of Spitfire Symphonic String runs vs Cinematic Studio Strings runs. It's a bit quiet though.

First: Spitfire Symphonic Strings, Violins 1 Performance Legato
Second: Cinematic Studio Strings, Violins 1 (Classic Patch) Marcato

Note that both libraries can sound far better if you spend time on it. I just created a quick demonstration of this feature.

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/rundemo-mp3.16724/][/AUDIOPLUS]

Attachments

• runDemo.mp3
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
OK great but this is a commercial thread, isn’t it? I know I probably sound like an overly-intrusive neighbor. It just makes me feel bad for our friendly music library companies when threads lose their focus.

Years observing this issue. Some changes to try to mitigate.
Do not have a cool solution, but bottom line seems to be ...... no posts on COMMERCIAL Threads other than by Provider !! :notworthy:
Gimme a break !!!

This is an incredible Forum for wide range of music creation /production /enjoyment Users, and most gain great personal satisfaction when they can express their analysis, judgements, opinions, complaints, et al.
In its Current mode, Commercial Announcements ... does not work very well, in terms of allowing Forum User Input .... Hello !! .... IT DOES NOT.

If this is 'Announcement' outlet ..... then JUST ANNOUNCE HERE !!! XAOILHVKGXYERSDKUB^$^%R(&*U_{I ! :mad:

Dunno the best way to 'automatically' generate a 'Discussion /Critique' Thread, but I am freakin tired of so many posts dumping on Users for being stimulated to Comment and Express ! o_O

Mike ... much empathy for the stresses and strains, as you do a helluva job ! :thumbsup: If this is not the most useful, helpful, interactive Thread in existence … I have no clue what else might be.

It is really time to deal with this 'Commercial Thread' PITA once and for all !
Either ... everyone can comment _ as they choose, OR _ NO Commment other than from 'Paying COMMERCIAL Providers' .

Life is seldom Black & White, but this topic has become B/W ... like it or not.... :sleep:

Last edited:
Top Bottom