What's new

SPITFIRE - The Black Weekend! With Live Q&A with Christian & Paul

reids

Hi, I'm looking for playable fast runs for strings and woodwinds. I know OT and Eastwest have this feature. Do any of the spitfire string and woodwinds libraries have the ability to do runs?

porrasm

Hi, I'm looking for playable fast runs for strings and woodwinds. I know OT and Eastwest have this feature. Do any of the spitfire string and woodwinds libraries have the ability to do runs?
The Spitfire Symphonic strings have a 'Run' legato patch (Legacy Legato). The performance patch also supports runs. It sounds really good on some things and very bad on some. The Cinematic Studio Strings can also produce runs. I did a very fast (and poor) mockup of Spitfire Symphonic String runs vs Cinematic Studio Strings runs. It's a bit quiet though.

First: Spitfire Symphonic Strings, Violins 1 Performance Legato
Second: Cinematic Studio Strings, Violins 1 (Classic Patch) Marcato

Note that both libraries can sound far better if you spend time on it. I just created a quick demonstration of this feature.

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/rundemo-mp3.16724/][/AUDIOPLUS]

Attachments

Last edited:

galactic orange

Sensor Number
OK great but this is a commercial thread, isn’t it? I know I probably sound like an overly-intrusive neighbor. It just makes me feel bad for our friendly music library companies when threads lose their focus.

sostenuto

Big NKS Fan !
Years observing this issue. Some changes to try to mitigate.
Do not have a cool solution, but bottom line seems to be ...... no posts on COMMERCIAL Threads other than by Provider !! :notworthy:
Gimme a break !!!

This is an incredible Forum for wide range of music creation /production /enjoyment Users, and most gain great personal satisfaction when they can express their analysis, judgements, opinions, complaints, et al.
In its Current mode, Commercial Announcements ... does not work very well, in terms of allowing Forum User Input .... Hello !! .... IT DOES NOT.

If this is 'Announcement' outlet ..... then JUST ANNOUNCE HERE !!! XAOILHVKGXYERSDKUB^$^%R(&*U_{I ! :mad:

Dunno the best way to 'automatically' generate a 'Discussion /Critique' Thread, but I am freakin tired of so many posts dumping on Users for being stimulated to Comment and Express ! o_O

Mike ... much empathy for the stresses and strains, as you do a helluva job ! :thumbsup: If this is not the most useful, helpful, interactive Thread in existence … I have no clue what else might be.

It is really time to deal with this 'Commercial Thread' PITA once and for all !
Either ... everyone can comment _ as they choose, OR _ NO Commment other than from 'Paying COMMERCIAL Providers' .

Life is seldom Black & White, but this topic has become B/W ... like it or not.... :sleep:

Last edited:
Top Bottom