What's new

Spitfire Studio Woodwinds

jonesdip

Anyone else notice an @chensonmusic tweet in reply to @mitchdietz asking about SA Studio Woodwinds. Christian said, "Interesting that the background in my studio on vlog 200 was multicoloured?"

@mitchdietz replied, " Aha! Admittedly I haven’t had a chance to watch the 200 vlog (yet!). I’ll check it out and ponder the coincidence "

Is that a hint that this library is imminent?

miket

What the red (brass), yellow (strings), and blue (woodwinds) lights on his synth racks mean about the actual release date, I haven't the slightest clue. I do hope it's up next, though. Eager to complete this collection; at least, the basic versions for now.

I really do hope the basic version can be used as a true woodwind foundation. The brass falls just short of this by omitting solo trombones.

Last edited:

miket

I've been using the percussion in BHCT for that, because it actually covers even more percussion than I ever really use, but yeah, it would be nice to have some more collections (harp, solo strings, percussion/keyboards) to round it all out.

reids

Hi, would like to choose a woodwinds library soon. Can the SF Symphonic Woodwinds do runs? I know the OT woodwinds have a feature for this. If anyone can specify or share a audio/video demo to hear some runs from the Spitfire Symphonic Woodwinds, that'd be very helpful. With an imminent release soon for the SF Studio Woodwinds, I hope they will include runs.

Hi, would like to choose a woodwinds library soon. Can the SF Symphonic Woodwinds do runs? I know the OT woodwinds have a feature for this. If anyone can specify or share a audio/video demo to hear some runs from the Spitfire Symphonic Woodwinds, that'd be very helpful. With an imminent release soon for the SF Studio Woodwinds, I hope they will include runs.
I have spitfire symphonic woodwinds. They don’t have prerecorded runs, but they’re apt at runs and sound great. If I were to go back I would have gone with orchestral tools, as their woodwinds cater to orchestration a bit more (being able to write separate parts for flutes 1 and 2 and actually having different samples between the two parts-just a minor detail if you’re a midi purist). Though orchestral tools is more expensive. I’m not sure about a dedicated runs feature to OT wws.

Anyone else notice an @chensonmusic tweet in reply to @mitchdietz asking about SA Studio Woodwinds. Christian said, "Interesting that the background in my studio on vlog 200 was multicoloured?"

@mitchdietz replied, " Aha! Admittedly I haven’t had a chance to watch the 200 vlog (yet!). I’ll check it out and ponder the coincidence "

Is that a hint that this library is imminent?
I've heard that @mitchdietz guy is way totally super cool and awesome.

...Oh wait, that's me. :whistling: ;)

Anyway, in one of Christian's vlogs (I can't remember which, maybe around Christmas?), he said they were almost ready.
I'm itching to hear it because I'm in the market for a woodwind library. Berlin WW unfortunately is waaay out of my price range, so it's looking like either CineWinds or this new entry by Spitfire.

If they include an extensive instrument list (as they did for the brass) I'll be in!
This, on top of a great sound, would totally push me towards SStW

Top Bottom