Spitfire Studio Woodwinds - Coming Soon

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Zoot_Rollo, Feb 8, 2019.

1. jaketanner

jaketanner Senior Member

Mar 21, 2017
    Easton, PA
    Just got the Claire bundle..they are really great.

sostenuto likes this.
  2. jonesdip

jonesdip New Member

Feb 26, 2018
    I must be honest - I'd be quite content with the core versions of the Studio series but I really was hoping that all the instruments would be included in the core version both for this and the brass library. I would willingly pay extra for this to be an option at some point. The Pro versions are a step to far for me both in terms of the size of the library and also the number of mics. I admit the close mic in the core version would be another add-on I'd buy.

3. Architekton

Architekton Active Member

Jan 18, 2017
    I think these sound good, judging by walkthroughs, would love to hear more suitable lines for each instruments and runs as well...

4. jamwerks

jamwerks Senior Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I've listened to the walk-throughs several times. I'd like to hear some examples with the Tree2, a little close mic and an external reverb. 95% of the video uses mic's that don't make the library sound at its best imo.

Kudos to SF for showing the library raw, but there's nothing "lovely" about that room imo. I need to be sold by the sound I could get with the above mentioned setup. Must say I really dig everything else about the library!

markleake and whitewasteland like this.
  5. galactic orange

galactic orange Sensor Number

Jun 23, 2016
    Close 2, Tree 2, and the Outriggers sound pretty great to me. Yeah, the room can sound a bit “present” but that’s what I’m looking for.

6. jamwerks

jamwerks Senior Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Yeah if that's what your ears like, then this is a good choice for you. Too me, the Tree1, Outriggers & Ambient just have too much of a too-small space baked in.

7. TigerTheFrog

TigerTheFrog Senior Member

Nov 18, 2016
    Brooklyn, NY
    If I buy the core version of this for the $149 promo price, does anybody know if there is an upgrade path to the professional version?

Has anybody done that with one of the other Spitfire Studio series?

8. bbunker

bbunker Senior Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA, USA
    Just to try it out, I logged in and, having one of the core series already, added the pro version to the cart. The price was the difference between the two, so: yep, there's automatically an upgrade path.

Not sure how any bundle pricing schemes will work out, etc.

TigerTheFrog likes this.
  9. galactic orange

galactic orange Sensor Number

Jun 23, 2016
    Thursday, much? I’m itching to complete my bundle. SSW can’t get here soon enough.

10. AdamKmusic

AdamKmusic Active Member

Dec 30, 2016
    Think they usually release at like 6pm GMT? Or maybe 2pm?

11. I think 6PM would make more sense since the UK lot would be heading home from other jobs and the US lot would be awake... along with other countries

Sitting here on my day off in the UK though, so we shall see what happens :)

12. AdamKmusic

AdamKmusic Active Member

Dec 30, 2016
    I’m in the UK & have a day off too! Snap!

Shad0wLandsUK likes this.
  13. OP
    OP
    Zoot_Rollo

Zoot_Rollo Throbbing Member

Jul 1, 2016
  14. Cinebient

Cinebient Active Member

Dec 7, 2014
    I will complete the bundle....if they let me.

15. KallumS

KallumS Active Member

Jul 26, 2018
    Camden, London
    Has Spitfire said that the studio collection would be a trilogy? I would've thought they'd record percussion at some point.

16. TigerTheFrog

TigerTheFrog Senior Member

Nov 18, 2016
    Brooklyn, NY
    After people start using this, I'd be interested to hear how it blends sonically with the Cinematic Studio Series. I'm only considering the Core version, so I realize having only one mic could be a limitation. Would have been nice to at least have a close and far.

It's probably going to be a long time before CSW comes out. You never know, but I doubt it will be here before 2020.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  17. mgpqa1

mgpqa1 Member

Dec 20, 2011
    They did...

18. AdamKmusic

AdamKmusic Active Member

Dec 30, 2016
    I tweeted Christian about a future Studio Solo library and he said it's something they must consider..take from that what you will!

19. josephspirits

josephspirits Member

Nov 22, 2017
    I'm looking forward to this one. I have been really liking the dry Spitfire stuff, and would like to fill out the woodwind section of BHCT with this. Depending on the bundle sale I could lean that way, but more likely will make use of what I have after this and maybe upgrade next Black Friday/Christmas.

Zoot_Rollo likes this.
  20. NoamL

NoamL Winter <3

Jul 6, 2015
    Los Angeles