What's new

Spitfire Studio Brass

Awesome. I'll be there on opening day! It's just too bad for my wallet that the Pro edition seems to be necessary right off the bat, for my needs, unlike with the strings.

Spitfire, you're killing me... IMO this product has the most impressive sound of any product Spitfire has released, but that legato is simply mediocre compared to the other options out there

I haven't even received the email yet! The division between basic and pro makes more sense in this library than the strings, though I wished they'd given the basic another mic position if not the full CTA. Pricing on pro looks very reasonable for what's being offered. Haven't listened yet though.

I haven't even received the email yet! The division between basic and pro makes more sense in this library than the strings, though I wished they'd given the basic another mic position if not the full CTA. Pricing on pro looks very reasonable for what's being offered. Haven't listened yet though.

Me neither, though I'd be very surprised if it tempted me away from CSB.

Curveball for Cinematic Studio Brass?! Didn't see that one coming!

But I don't see this as revolutionary, sounds similar to everything thats out there, tell you the truth. Or maybe I need to be enlightened?

This sounds and looks very good. Really affordable, too @ $299 for the pro version. I just spent $225 for just the Synchron upgrade to my VSL Dimension Brass I library (I skipped updating Dimension Brass II for the moment). In comparison, $299 for the whole pro version library (including mutes) is dirt cheap.

We're in a whole new world as far as library pricing goes. I like it, but I fear it might squeeze the little guys out. Major companies can make it up on volume. With Spitfire pushing prices of major new products down, other larger sample companies are going to have to look at their pricing structure.

No demos as far as I can see. Not sure this is the precise timing SF wanted for this release. Seems like the launch is a bit rushed.

Top Bottom