What's new

Spitfire Studio Brass

Alex Fraser

The only thing I can take away from all this discussion is that I no longer have a clue whether or not I should buy the library now! I was ready to hit the Buy button but now I don’t know who to believe. Help!
It’s up to you! All internet advice is loaded and should be taken with a dollop of salt. Don’t let anyone here dictate your buying choices!

Edit: And with the irony of telling people not to listen to advice whilst giving advice ringing in my head, I’m bailing on this crazy, fun thread. Enjoy your brass! (Or not. :whistling:)
A

Last edited:

Wolfie2112

The only thing I can take away from all this discussion is that I no longer have a clue whether or not I should buy the library now! I was ready to hit the Buy button but now I don’t know who to believe. Help!
For the sale prices, you could take a chance on it without regret. Hell, $119 for Brass....and $149 for the strings? That is an incredible deal IMO, just have a look at the walkthrough's on the Spitfire site (where they are being used/programmed as intended). Of course there are going to be some anomalies, but so does every library. I think this whole thread started out reasonable, but soon became the inevitable gong show. Use your own judgment, do some searching on YouTube, the demos are all there.

NYC Composer

(where they are being used/programmed as intended)

....over an unknown period of time, using processing you may not have, by composers who have access to information you don't and may well be programming geniuses. I refer you to Andy Blaney, Troels Folmann, Thomas Bergersen, Piet De Ridder if he was so inclined, etc etc.

Denkii

Oh...you're new here. That's fine.
Good observation and very inclusive and important of course. I am also quite new on earth so maybe you can help me figure out how this whole "coming up with opinions" thing works?
Not just any, only the right ones of course. You seem to have figured that out way more than I have so far.

amadeus1

Awesome. I'll be there on opening day! It's just too bad for my wallet that the Pro edition seems to be necessary right off the bat, for my needs, unlike with the strings.
What do you need in the professional version that's not in the basic version?

amadeus1

Double the instruments and 3 times the solo instruments plus more than double mic positions, I guess it's worth it for sure.
Usually it's just mic positions for regular to professional for Spitfire. Guess they realize people will go professional if they leave out instruments in the regular version and only include them in the pro version.

Wolfie2112

This is a really good point. Studio pro brass is almost finished downloading woo-hoo!
I bought Studio Brass and Strings (core). I know they're not meant to be a "workhorse" library, but at this price it's too good to pass up. The walkthrough vids by Paul are excellent (as are the videos by @Cory Pelizzari), I think these are great sounding libraries....but that's just my 2 cents. Both libraries have a solid place in my workflow, and will get used alongside Hollywood Orchestra among others. This whole thread is ridiculous, seriously. ;)

Sean

I don't know what I'm talking about
I am a bit tempted by Spitfire Studio Brass Pro for the Euphonium (obviously the other stuff too but I'd like a nice euphonium patch.) Can anyone comment on the euph in this library?

gtrwll

For the sale prices, you could take a chance on it without regret. Hell, $119 for Brass....and $149 for the strings?
Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but for me throwing $149 or $119 - hell, even $50 - on any kind of a product that I end up not using would not be without regret.

I think this has been an enlightening thread. As we can't demo the products ourselves, it's important to see and hear all the good and bad that we might get when buying the library.

Parsifal666

I don't even own a DAW, I'm just a troll.
Just getting into this library. One thing I've noticed is how much I like the sound of Trumpet 1 with ALL the mics except Ambient (muted) turned all the way up. I have to be sparing in the use of the dynamics slider when doing so, though.

I compared the sound produced by this maxing out with EWH Brass' trumpet and the results were more than impressive on the part of the SA.

French Horn 1 reacted similarly...I must say, it seems to me that the only thing I have to complain about in regard to this library is how inferior the Core library is to this. It's a no contest, and I can't recommend strongly enough that folks whom are thinking about this library should think hard before buying the Core library...now is the time to go all the way with the wish list sale on.

Top Bottom