Spitfire Studio Brass

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Zee, Dec 7, 2018.

1. acomposer

acomposer New Member

Jul 7, 2017
    Yeah, quite a poisonous vibe but in that passive aggressive 'just trying to be helpful' way.

I need a shower.

Then I need to not visit this place for a long, long time.

2. Parsifal666

Parsifal666 I don't even own a DAW, I'm just a troll.

Sep 7, 2015
    E. YeeHaw, Indiana
    We already miss you.

acomposer, dzilizzi and Denkii like this.
  3. Land of Missing Parts

Land of Missing Parts No Time for Honky-Tonk

Jan 27, 2013
    Hogwarts
    Yes. Yes! Yessss! :emoji_sunglasses: Please help me remember what it's like to smile again.

I like my action cues with a pinch of disco.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  4. visiblenoise

visiblenoise New Member

Apr 3, 2019
    California
    Software that doesn't 100% live up to expectations? No way!

givemenoughrope, jbuhler and dzilizzi like this.
  5. Parsifal666

Sep 7, 2015
    E. YeeHaw, Indiana
    Mike Post rules! Even had a Who song written about his themes.

Land of Missing Parts likes this.
  6. ionian

ionian Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Queens, NY
    It's very telling that Kontakt already has a built in facility for you to demo libraries but pretty much no developers take advantage of it. Because if you could demo most of the libraries, you'd never buy them.

It's a much better business plan to sell you libraries with tons of problems, misrepresented by very carefully made demos, and then say, "Sorry, no refunds, no resales".

Unfortunately I've been complaining about the quality of sample libraries since the gigasampler days back on that Northern forum (which got me banned!) and it's only gotten worse with time. At least the libraries don't cost as much for the sloppiness as they used to.

Gaffable and Matt Riley like this.
  7. Land of Missing Parts

Jan 27, 2013
    Hogwarts
    Music: The cause of and solution to all of life's problems.

Wally Garten and Parsifal666 like this.
  8. ionian

ionian Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Queens, NY
    A while ago, There was a great interview with some of his ghostwriters about how he used to be out playing golf all day long while they did all the writing. I wish I could find it now. But technically Mike Post's Ghostwriters rule!

9. Parsifal666

Sep 7, 2015
    E. YeeHaw, Indiana
    LOL! Who ya gonna call?

10. givemenoughrope

givemenoughrope Senior Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Key point and a huge understatement. I read through this entire thread from the beginning yesterday and much of the back and forth is people differing on what they want out of a studio brass library sonically. I wouldn’t expect any different and it’s a normal thing to do. Erik(?) posted all of those examples of NXNW. I could hear elements of all of them working, some better than others. Now imagine being a developer and trying to please the majority of the customer base via your chosen approach/aesthetic. It goes without saying that you’d have to be passionate bordering on maniacal to attempt these kinds of libraries let alone finish it enough to release it. So, yea, respect. But something with that many parts is going to have a few issues.

dzilizzi likes this.
  11. NoamL

NoamL Winter <3

Jul 6, 2015
    Los Angeles
    slowly raises hand

12. givemenoughrope

Aug 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    I know for myself the opposite would also be true. Even a library with issues/oddities if I could work around them I’d go for it. I mean, I own all of 8dio’s Adagio/Agitato. If I had no prior knowledge of those libraries and demoed them at a store or something it would take me a week.

Parsifal666 likes this.
  13. Lcas

Lcas New Member

May 6, 2019
    Relax dude, that's the whole point. I took your advice at face value but the stuff you said was over the top enough to give me some doubts. Not about what you shared, but the degree to which it is prevalent, or relevant to me.

It's not as bad as you have made it, not for the content to price ratio. I get it, a whole bunch of garbage is still just garbage, but enough examples and vouchers are around for it to be good enough for me as a base library.

If I'm wrong and it is so unusable, for a total beginner besides, I will be sure to let people know. I will be back after a few weeks to give my novice but relevant opinions on what this library is good for.

Now, I don't know what you are, but I imagine me wasting money on my first brass library is a bigger deal than you whiffing on yet another toy in your box. But I'm not going to start calling you names because you disagree with me.

If anybody has disrespect coming to them it would be you, but I don't carry that sentiment. You were being ridiculous and now you are crying about me being just a little honest with you.

No reason to get personal, call people rabbits, go on and on about how you wish it was. Things are the way they are currently, and I am better informed, because you generously provided me with your evidence and opinions. Despite this, I will still take the risk on this one.

Banquet, Parsifal666 and Wally Garten like this.
  14. Land of Missing Parts

Jan 27, 2013
    Hogwarts
    Piet had me at "Here's an audio example..." and lost me at "...surely the worst-sounding most useless in the history of civilization."

15. Parsifal666

Sep 7, 2015
    E. YeeHaw, Indiana
    Does anyone else here ever take time to compose music?

16. givemenoughrope

Aug 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    That settles that I guess

17. Wally Garten

Wally Garten Active Member

Apr 23, 2018
    It's an interesting idea, for sure....

Lcas likes this.
  18. DerGeist

DerGeist Active Member

Oct 21, 2018
    upload_2019-5-9_14-15-13.png

Parsifal666, Lcas and Wally Garten like this.
  19. Levon

Levon Member

Nov 27, 2014
    The only thing I can take away from all this discussion is that I no longer have a clue whether or not I should buy the library now! I was ready to hit the Buy button but now I don’t know who to believe. Help!

Wally Garten, dzilizzi and BezO like this.
  20. NYC Composer

NYC Composer Senior Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Sadly, you and I disagree vehemently on this point.

For unseen and unheard products:"Take my money! Here's my wallet!" Mmm.

Gaffable and Parsifal666 like this.