What's new

Spitfire Spring Wishlist 2020?

It just made me think… Does Spitfire have muted brass in one of their libraries?
Yes. For example, Trumpet. Similar for Solo 1, Solo 2, and a2 trumpet instruments.
  • Trumpets a2 - Fall Muted
  • Trumpets a2 - FX Swell Muted
  • Trumpets a2 - Long Extended Muted
  • Trumpets a2 - Long Flutter Muted
  • Trumpets a2 - Long Muted
  • Trumpets a2 - Long Sfz Muted
  • Trumpets a2 - Rip Muted
  • Trumpets a2 - Short Staccatissimo Extended Muted

Been wondering something about the Justin Hurwitz packages.

"Exclusively available until 31st May 2020 as part of our Spring Sale."

Anyone know if this is to mean it's only available at the 60% discount during the sale, or if it means this is the only time these packages will be available, period?
Most likely period. They've done similar type bundles at every sale that are usually a much better deal than anything else. But they are one time bundles.

JH Pro has me wishing I needed the hall sound. Great price! I know I'm going to regret passing, but Studio Orchestra Pro is doing fine for me for the moment. This may be the 1st SF sale I pass on since I discovered them.

I'll be experimenting with a bigger sound at some point, so SSO, HZ Strings & Percussion and SCS Pro will come at some point. I'd actually grab SCS Pro now if it were bundled.

Been wondering something about the Justin Hurwitz packages.

"Exclusively available until 31st May 2020 as part of our Spring Sale."

Anyone know if this is to mean it's only available at the 60% discount during the sale, or if it means this is the only time these packages will be available, period?
I think it means the packages are going away. SF often has special bundles during their sales and this one is just branded.

The sale isn't limited to a certain number of copies sold, or "flash deal" type sales, where a certain product is only discounted for a few hours or just one day, is it? Everything that is going on sale will be at that price until the end of the month, correct?

Tundra comes from Russian via an aboriginal Sámi language and describes a specific kind of geography that exists in all countries that have Arctic territory. For example, ask any Canadian school kid what tundra is and he/she should be able to tell you. Wikipedia has an article on the word.
Ask any American football fan about tundra, and (s)he will say that it describes the football field of the Green Bay Packers. In that scenario, it's usually accompanied by the word "frozen," as in the following sentence, "They'll have to face the Packers in the playoffs on the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field."

Best,

Geoff

Ask any American football fan about tundra, and (s)he will say that it describes the football field of the Green Bay Packers. In that scenario, it's usually accompanied by the word, "frozen."

Best,

Geoff

Which goes to show that the average American football fan, even south of Alaska, at least sort of knows what the word Tundra means :)

Last edited:
Does anyone still use their ALBION III ICENI? Or have you replaced or opted for more current, similar library?

It is a great place to learn, that's very true. There's a lot of very knowledgable people around here (and a few dreamers like myself who need to learn). Even Hans Zimmer shows up around here from time to time. One pitfall to watch out for is that this community can cost you a lot of money - the enthusiasm for sample libraries around here is very infectious.
I will be okay. I am a student on a fixed budget and I only buy what I truly need and focus my attention on need vs want. I am very practical which contradicts the ways that most young women are.

It would be fun to ask Hans Zimmer a question or two, for sure! When does he usually show up or is he very unpredictable?

I will be okay. I am a student on a fixed budget and I only buy what I truly need and focus my attention on need vs want. I am very practical which contradicts the ways that most young women are.

It would be fun to ask Hans Zimmer a question or two, for sure! When does he usually show up or is he very unpredictable?
The latter. There are other well known composers active here. But as with Hans, unpredictable. Some might not appear here for over a year at times. Due to their schedules etc.

The sale is up. Looks like a flat 40% on all individual libraries, and 30% off all bundles, except for new products, which are back at their intro price, and the Justin Hurwitz bundles, which are already 60% off, so no additional discount for them.

So you can pick up SSO (SSS + SSB + SSW + Masse) and Harp for $898 with the JH bundle, then add JB Percussion and Orchestral Grand Piano for $1166. That is the Symphony Complete bundle for $233 less than even that bundle's current sale price ($1399).

That's an amazing deal! And you can add SCS for $419 too, giving you the Symphony Complete bundle and SCS for $1585.

If you buy something. And then later on, want to buy another bundle, does the website take into consideration what you bought in the past? Therefore reducing the price because you already own some of the libraries in the bundle?

Hollywood Choirs Gold/Diamond vs Eric Whitacre Choir - What would you recommend if the price is similar? Or would you recommend me to begin with something cheaper like the VSL Big Bang Orchestra: Ganymede (SATB Choir)?

Top Bottom