What's new

Spitfire Spring Wish List Announced ;)

Pretty darn sure I'm gonna pick up LCOS (Love LCOT). Still not sure about the AltSS though. It's only a 25$ saving if i get the bundle (vs if I get LCOS only right now and pick up AltSS later)

Out of the 2, I find gravitation for AltSS first. LCOS scares the sh*t out of me, it's nuts!

Not that helps you in anyway shape or form. Get both!!

Very nice, thanks for the share. A1 has some great string shorts, really wish I could get over the sound of the sustained strings though, they are not my cup of tea.
Thanks!
Yup, the string longs are a bit strange at some velocities/cc1. I like the overall sound, and how easy is to get a dramatic feeling, but I'll have to be careful with the "pressure" to keep it sounding "natural", so I'm thinking about layering the Tundra strings to "soften" that effect (hell, sometimes it is really hard to find the right word...).
If someone has layered both, any tips?

Thanks!
Yup, the string longs are a bit strange at some velocities/cc1. I like the overall sound, and how easy is to get a dramatic feeling, but I'll have to be careful with the "pressure" to keep it sounding "natural", so I'm thinking about layering the Tundra strings to "soften" that effect (hell, sometimes it is really hard to find the right word...).
If someone has layered both, any tips?
I haven't tried that but it might be a good idea.

The Vids about Albion One were impressing, especially the steam-Edna and percussion-fraction - but I guess I will pass 'cos the epicness won't fit to my style - still having Vienna SE - so I should learn this better. But there's still Hg2O and the Cimbalom on the list. I adore the sounddesign-things and additional adjustment options. Seems similar extensive as the Soundiron stuff.

Don’t pass on Albion One. It’s just wonderful to be creative with. Very inspiring.
I believe you, I was really impressed!

It's just that there are so many other tools here, which need more caring / maintanence and diving in. Just had to stop though it is really "cheap" with all those creative extras (which I adore). I dislike many epic soundtracks unfortunately. Vienna is already there and has its merits.

Last edited:
I already asked this, but I'm still wondering, are some single products not 40% off. I have Mandolin swarm in my cart and it's marked at 30% off. It says on the site, all single products 40% off. Just wondering if it's a mistake...

I already asked this, but I'm still wondering, are some single products not 40% off. I have Mandolin swarm in my cart and it's marked at 30% off. It says on the site, all single products 40% off. Just wondering if it's a mistake...

It also says 30% on the product page. Could still be a mistake, I guess. Wouldn't hurt to ask them if that's the case.

Mandolins was already on sale as part of their May special so I believe that’s is why it was exempt from additional discounts .

Honestly, I just use the Easter Island Percussion out of Albion One on a regular basis.
Love those deep hits! Otherwise, the strings (especially shorts) and (high) woodwinds. I have a lack in high woodwinds and that's pretty much the best I own right now. Typical Metropolis Ark user.
So far I didn't found much use in the loops which is a HUGE part of the library. They sound nice, but yet I haven't composed something where it felt right to include them..
For me, it turned out to be a great "play around with" library, but nothing to constantly be part of my template.

Just here to save your wallets.

Last edited:
Ok I boiled down the GAS to the following: Tundra, SStWW upgrade to pro and LCOS.
I can only get two and I probably won't be able to resist Tundra.
Get LCOS and wait for CSW to come out for a WW upgrade? Or don't get LCOS and have a more basic setup already?

Edit: option 3...ask my wife for a credit and live on rice and beans. Why does this sound tempting? What is wrong with me? :confused:

Last edited:
Top Bottom