What's new

Spitfire Spring Wish List Announced ;)

Only 30% off Symphony Orchestra, not seeing any 65% off any collections I added as promised in the advert, so I'll pass (again) on this sale.
It is 30% off the bundle, but the bundle price is already discounted. The bundles are up to 65% off, not 65% off. I think if you buy the Everything bundle, you get 65% of each item. For most other bundles, the items come out at over 40% off to 50% off.

BDT... that one I would really like to try out... How difficult is it to play it like a padding instrument, like really, responsive, playable evo's?

So it's ~310€ for CSB vs 240€ for SStB Pro for me. I really like the sound of CSB, but SStB might cut through better in dense mixes, it seems a bit more aggressive, am I wrong?

Can someone point me toward a demo made with SStB that focuses on the softer low dynamics?

BDT... that one I would really like to try out... How difficult is it to play it like a padding instrument, like really, responsive, playable evo's?
Very easy IMHO. It is my go-to lib when I just want to play soft and noisy things, and when I want to add a slightly weird character to other sounds.
The volume is a bit hard to control (you may want to modify some patches to avoid that), but other than that I think it's a very playable lib. I have no EVOs, so I can't comment on that.

Had my eye on the SSO SCS Edition, but since I have SCS Pro already, doesn't look like that counts as a discount for the bundle - it's just the regular 30% off, as if I didn't have SCS.

Oh well, perhaps I should wait for the pro version anyway :)

Omnisphere.
It depends on what you want to do. I bought Omnisphere and so far it is just okay for me. I don't have any extra packs or presets and I find when I futz around with the presets that come with it, it just sounds worse. And? I'm not big on synth/electronic sounds for the most part. I like Analog Strings better.

I'm not going to say it is a waste, because I can load my own sounds. I am thinking of making loops out of stuff like Spitfire and using Omnisphere to do what it does. So kind of like Edna Earth I guess.

Top Bottom