What's new

Spitfire Spring Wish List Announced ;)

Gonna pass on A1 since I have the Arks, I think

Heck, I agree with that one! Had I Ark I and II before the Albion One release I never would have bought the latter.

That said, I have way too many negative things to say about A1 when the reality is it's practically perfect for sketching out ideas. I just love and lean on my Arks sooo much there's no need.

So take my words with a boulder-sized bit of salt lol.

i really like the total performance patch for Violin Virtuoso. Very nice.
Agreed, it does wonderful passage work and its (somewhat undocumented) richocets are quite lovely as well. I find myself turning more to the first chair violin for lyrical spot solos in the orchestra though. It just emerged so wonderfully from the ensemble whereas the virtuoso plays like the name suggests.

Both will be good. But both different in their application.
Think of it this way. What will I produce in the next week, month. Does this product help/enhance/add dimension?
Otherwise, you are just buying space on an SSD. Nice space granted.

Get what you are lacking for current and nearing compositions, not what looks like a good deal. There's ALWAYS another :)
That's easy, I don't need anything. But if I buy something now, it is less I will spend on the Christmas List later (which means more money for something else that might show up on sale like the Arks did last year)

I'm pondering over adding Tundra and orchestral swarm to BDT and OACE, which I already got.

And there's still LCOT lurking and watching me...I can feel it.

Help :/
I have orchestral swarm, I like the idea of it but haven't found a use yet. Whereas, I think Tundra is very usable.

But I am new to all this and so I need to caveat that someone with more experience may say differently.

Agreed, it does wonderful passage work and its (somewhat undocumented) richocets are quite lovely as well. I find myself turning more to the first chair violin for lyrical spot solos in the orchestra though. It just emerged so wonderfully from the ensemble whereas the virtuoso plays like the name suggests.

I also hope they'll be able to have a master legato patch with all the core articulations.

wish they'll come out with total performance patch for Cello and if possible, Viola as well
The cello already has the samples to make the virtuoso patch but the viola does not. I do hope they make legato patches with the progressive longs for the other instruments since I think the vibrato would be a bit easier to handle in those cases. I also wish they gave us control over rebowing.

Only 30% off Symphony Orchestra, not seeing any 65% off any collections I added as promised in the advert, so I'll pass (again) on this sale.

Top Bottom