What's new

Spitfire Spring Wish List Announced ;)

Just a recap of a question that might have got lost in this nice thread:

Are Spitfire Symphonic Brass and Symphonic Winds as useful outside a purely classical/scoring/,orchestral contexr as their Chambers Strings is? The latter, though recorded at Air, works perfectly for indie pop/rock for me (as do their solo strings), so I am thinking about going full SSO Chamber edition, this sale. What do you think?

You mean "Studio Brass" and "Studio Woodwinds", right?

No I do mean the Symphonic ones, as I am sure they will blend well with SCS (which I love), and they will be relatively cheap this sale thanks to the bundle (since I already own SCS), only not sure of their usefulness in my genre.

I think this bundle you mentioned is with "Studio". It is on my wish list too!

No I do mean the Symphonic ones, as I am sure they will blend well with SCS (which I love), and they will be relatively cheap this sale thanks to the bundle (since I already own SCS), only not sure of their usefulness in my genre.

Pretty sure SSW/SSB are wet libraries, as opposed to the relative dryness of SStWW/B. That in itself should help you in your figurings, my friend.

Pretty sure SSW/SSB are wet libraries, as opposed to the relative dryness of SStWW/B. That in itself should help you in your figurings, my friend.
Thanks, Parsifal. Indeed, for long that has directed me to the studio series. However, since I find SCS (also 'wet', at least in comparison with the studio strings) to be perfectly useable with indie pop/rock, I started to wonder if the wet Brass and Woodwinds (though I am especially interested in the Brass) would do too.

I'm wondering if folks on Eastern Standard Time will be eligible for the Wish List discount at 7 pm here (which will be 12 am in the UK).

I know, I know, I'm hopelessly psyched.

Thanks, Parsifal. Indeed, for long that has directed me to the studio series. However, since I find SCS (also 'wet', at least in comparison with the studio strings) to be perfectly useable with indie pop/rock, I started to wonder if the wet Brass and Woodwinds (though I am especially interested in the Brass) would do too.

Well, judging from the excellent examples @re-peat generously provided, SStOrchestra wouldn't be your first choice, especially if you want things mixing with SCS easily (correct me if SSW/B and SCS were recorded in different rooms). Though with a little effort, you could conceivably use the close mics on SSW/Brass to help you blend it in with the drier library (SStO).

Re-peat's examples highlight just how dry SStO really is, even the ambient mics don't sound as wet as, say, Albion I (by a long shot, at least to my ears).

For me one of the great attractions of SStWW, besides loving the sound, is how it can (according to members like @Apostate) blend in with other dry libraries like BHCT, Hein, EWH.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if folks on Eastern Standard Time will be eligible for the Wish List discount at 7 pm here (which will be 12 am in the UK).

I know, I know, I'm hopelessly psyched.

As us folks in the UK are still in the dark age... I'd imagine it'll go a bit like this.

Gloria the cleaner, will open Spitfire at 8am and do some dusting.
Kev and Baz will stroll in at 8:45, as it's a bank holiday and they'll have hammered the beer last last.
Turn on the "make people poor" button by 9am.

Let's hope Kev remotes in tonight at 23:59!

Can anyone recommend one of the Evolutions libraries?
I’m currently trying to decide between these four:

· Fragile Strings Evolutions
· Angular Strings Evolutions
· Symphonic Strings Evolutions
· Olafur Arnalds Chamber Evolutions

They’re somewhat similar I believe and cost all the same. Which one would give me the most “bang for the buck”, since I can only afford to buy one right now?

Can anyone recommend one of the Evolutions libraries?
I’m currently trying to decide between these four:

· Fragile Strings Evolutions
· Angular Strings Evolutions
· Symphonic Strings Evolutions
· Olafur Arnalds Chamber Evolutions

They’re somewhat similar I believe and cost all the same. Which one would give me the most “bang for the buck”, since I can only afford to buy one right now?

Olafur Arnalds Chamber Evolutions

Just a recap of a question that might have got lost in this nice thread:

Are Spitfire Symphonic Brass and Symphonic Winds as useful outside a purely classical/scoring/,orchestral contexr as their Chambers Strings is? The latter, though recorded at Air, works perfectly for indie pop/rock for me (as do their solo strings), so I am thinking about going full SSO Chamber edition, this sale. What do you think?

Same question for me as I have already SCS...
SSO.CS would be approx the same price as SStO pro

Still not decided which one to choose

especially if you want things mixing with SCS easily (correct me if SSW/B and SCS were recorded in different rooms

SSW, SSB and SCS are all recorded in AIR Lyndhurst.

Its the section size that makes it "Chamber", rather than the room

Last edited:
Top Bottom