What's new

Spitfire Spring Wish List Announced ;)

I don't know for certain, but I think most shorts have 4 dynamics, and the longs vary between 4 for the most basic down to 1 for something like Super Sul Tasto, which can really only have one "dynamic layer" anyway.

I remember putting SStWW core on my list, trying to stay strong.
Now there's so much on it I can't even copy and paste it without running out of RAM.

Will I finally jump onto the EVO train?
Thinking about OACE and either LCOT or SSE (leaning towards OACE and LCOT).

LCO strings is also temptinng.

Or will I go the Albion route with the bundle since I don't have any of those yet?
If not the bundle then there's still Tundra on my list as solo purchase.

Also if the studio orchestra bundle will get well discounted I might just jump on that...but I don't think I'd need it since I have CSS, CSSS and CSB for this.

Right now I'm leaning towards SStWW (need that) + OACE and LCOT.
Prove me wrong?

Last edited:
The only sure thing is Kinematic and it's not entirely impossible that it will be the only thing I am going to buy in spite of all the stuff that's on my wish list.

Checked my price for Albions 3 and 4. Under $192 each with all the discounts. But I have to buy both.

On the other hand, the Aluphone will be about $30

Maybe it's a dumb question but it doesn't matter if I keep stuff on my wishlist that I don't necessarily plan on buying, right?
It won't impact the discounts I get?

Or should I try to keep everything on the list as close to what I really want to get as possible?

Thanks for the info!
Right now I'm looking at SStWW, OACE, LCOT and Tundra. Super excited for next week to play with the new toys :dancer:

Maybe it's a dumb question but it doesn't matter if I keep stuff on my wishlist that I don't necessarily plan on buying, right?
It won't impact the discounts I get?

Or should I try to keep everything on the list as close to what I really want to get as possible?
It doesn't matter. I stock my wish list every time, and I only own two Spitfire products. I like to have options so I can consider all the way until the end whether I will buy anything.

Would you recommend SStO core or Albion One as a bread-and-butter orchestra (about same price in 2 days)?

SStO looks good because I'm not much into epic-hybrid stuff and individual sections means more control, but time is broken around me and I'm a bit tired of choosing between writing and mastering, so the A1 no-eq/compression/fx-required approach could be a big improvement to my workflow.

Would you recommend SStO core or Albion One as a bread-and-butter orchestra (about same price in 2 days)?

SStO looks good because I'm not much into epic-hybrid stuff and individual sections means more control, but time is broken around me and I'm a bit tired of choosing between writing and mastering, so the A1 no-eq/compression/fx-required approach could be a big improvement to my workflow.

There's lots to love in Albion One. But note that, for instance almost all of the strings are in octaves. Which is great for that big trailer sound. But with SStS can give you, for instance, a very beautiful and expressive, delicate kind of sound in just the Vl 2 alone. You might be to layer lots of things in octaves to sort of approximate the Albion One's string with SStS - sort of. But you'll never be able to go the other way and get a more intimate sound with Albion One.

This is just one tiny example in one choir.

So ultimately - and I realize a lot of people don't want to hear this cliche - it just really, really fundamentally comes doesn't to what kind of music you most want to write.

Since you kindly helped me with my solo strings decision, here's another one that i´m considering. I have to choose one out of two.

1- Wait for the upcoming NI Summer Sale to get KU12 Collector´s edition upgrade with the full Symphony Series included.

2- I can get just the KU12 upgrade (cheaper without Symphony series) and use that money (with a little addition) to get Spitfire's Studio Orchestra on this wish list sale.

As i said before, i need something versatile (i do cinematic music but also indie artists) and i think this Spitfire product can give me that. Am i right?

About Symphony Series, i really like their Brass (i have the Essentials version) and their Percussion seems nice from the videos i saw.

What are your thoughts on that?

Oh, i have: SCS, Arks 1 and 2, Symphony Essentials and the Kontakt / Logic Factory stuff that i use to layer sometimes.

(Hoping that this will be my last wish list addition.)

So ultimately - and I realize a lot of people don't want to hear this cliche - it just really, really fundamentally comes doesn't to what kind of music you most want to write.
Sometimes it is good to hear that kind of thing ;) And your comment was indeed very helpful. Now I almost know what I'm going to do :)
Thanks!

Reactions: ism
Since you kindly helped me with my solo strings decision, here's another one that i´m considering. I have to choose one out of two.

1- Wait for the upcoming NI Summer Sale to get KU12 Collector´s edition upgrade with the full Symphony Series included.

2- I can get just the KU12 upgrade (cheaper without Symphony series) and use that money (with a little addition) to get Spitfire's Studio Orchestra on this wish list sale.

As i said before, i need something versatile (i do cinematic music but also indie artists) and i think this Spitfire product can give me that. Am i right?

About Symphony Series, i really like their Brass (i have the Essentials version) and their Percussion seems nice from the videos i saw.

What are your thoughts on that?

Oh, i have: SCS, Arks 1 and 2, Symphony Essentials and the Kontakt / Logic Factory stuff that i use to layer sometimes.

(Hoping that this will be my last wish list addition.)

That's worth researching.

Can't say I know much about the Symphony Essentials, as its sound is generally just not to my taste. I only have the SE solo brass, which I can't say I care for much.

Also the SE winds come only in large ensembles, which right off lacks quite a lot of what I love most about woodwinds, so hard to even make a direct comparison here.

There are definitely people around here who appreciate SE - though I'm not how likely you are to find them on this thread. Maybe the best thing is to search around for an older thread on SE, and revive it asking for comparisons with SStO?

Sorry if that's not very helpful.

Top Bottom