What's new

Spitfire Spring Wish List Announced ;)

Symfoniq

After experiencing the exceptional CSS and CSSS I went for the CSB. The one thing I have read in other musicians reviews is that CSB, in comparison with SSB, has a unique consistency and quality to each and every note. That paired with the amazing dynamics is what made it a go to library for many picky individuals. I have done some research concerning the SSB and although its seem to be a good library, it simply cannot match the close and big sounds of CBS – you can tweek it to what you like. And don´t get me wrong, I own several top notch libraries from Spitfire. The studio woodwinds is a treat! But when it comes to finding a genuine workhorse for brass I would go for CSB.

Best of luck!
MOMA
I own both libraries, and would definitely go with (only) CSB if I could do it all over again.

TigerTheFrog

Amphibiousician
For me the question is - do I get Spitfire Studio Brass and Woods (Core) which are great for HD space for me (only have 70gb left on my HD and they only take 19gb) or do I go for Cinematic Studio Brass. If I go for CSB (which is 36gb) I probably won't have room to fit the Woodwinds on when they're release later this year. I
I think you should look into the Samsung 1 TB Evo. I bought it on sale for around $130 during one of Amazon's sales. A cheap case and a quick plug into my computer via USB 3.0 and I was good to go. I'm sure somebody will say that's a terrible way to hook it up, bad benchmarks, etc-- but all I care is that the Cinematic Studio series and other stuff loads up in a flash--and it does. But you do need USB 3.0 and the right cable.

Amazon hasn't announced the date for their next Prime Day, but some say that the next Prime Day will be between July 8 and July 15.

jbuhler

I think you should look into the Samsung 1 TB Evo. I bought it on sale for around $130 during one of Amazon's sales. A cheap case and a quick plug into my computer via USB 3.0 and I was good to go. I'm sure somebody will say that's a terrible way to hook it up, bad benchmarks, etc-- but all I care is that the Cinematic Studio series and other stuff loads up in a flash--and it does. But you do need USB 3.0 and the right cable.

Amazon hasn't announced the date for their next Prime Day, but some say that the next Prime Day will be between July 8 and July 15.
I’ve had few problems with using SSDs through USB3, though I’m running into needing a higher DFD setting now that one of my 2TB drives is approaching 3/4 full. It’s likely a load balancing issue however that can resolved by making sure my more commonly used big libraries aren’t all on that same drive.

Diablo3

MMMs and Ohs too! All of the longs, I think, have evolutions to them, like the sample in the lab instrument, so it's a bit more than just a bunch of Aahs and Oohs (the long length of the samples is also one reason it's a 300GB install). Then there are some fine rhythmic patches (na-na-na, etc.) as well. Is it worth the price? That would depend on what you want to do with a choir. The choir in Time Macro offers something in the neighborhood of EWC. So if you want a somewhat less expensive alternative that also gives you lots of other textural instruments that's where I'd go.

Without many shorts and with what I think is a somewhat sluggish legato, EWC does not do standard choir stuff all that well. So it really is a niche library. So far I find that I use it mostly layered into a texture rather than featuring it as such. That may make it a pricey layering instrument but I find it can add a wonderful touch to the texture.

Just what I thought, free labs one I hated so knowing it's more of the same frees my mind from even considering it. 2 thumbs up.

Last edited:

Mega

• SF's Instagram page just said collections are up to 65% off. That changes everything! I may have to put off getting NI's Komplete 12 and go all in with SpitfireAudio since all of the SF instruments I want only require the free Kontakt player!

Last edited:

TheSigillite

Aha, I actually have BDT, Tundra AND Olafur Arnalds Evolutions already! They're all brilliant and all my past spending is starting to pay off - I can no longer me tempted by such material because I already have it! Perhaps I really will one day be free of VI GAS!!

For me the question is - do I get Spitfire Studio Brass and Woods (Core) which are great for HD space for me (only have 70gb left on my HD and they only take 19gb) or do I go for Cinematic Studio Brass. If I go for CSB (which is 36gb) I probably won't have room to fit the Woodwinds on when they're release later this year. I love Spitfire but the demos for their Studio Brass just don't do anything for me and my motto is always trust your ears, but I think it may be just Paul Thompson's demo style for Brass isn't my kind of thing. I love the sound of CSB in the demos I've heard of that, but I'm really just beginning to learn orchestral composition and it's a lot of ££ and GB if I don't end up using it that much!
Spitfire is a lovely Company and they offer you the piece of mind of buying now and downloading when ever you'd like. I don't like this because i think to myself... oh a great sale... I'll just get this now and download it again when I actually need it. lol. I must resist.

Michel Simons

• SF's Instagram page just said collections are up to 65% off. That changes everything! I may have to put off getting NI's Komplete 12 and go all in with SpitfireAudio since all of the SF instruments I want only require the free Kontakt player!
I am just wondering whether it is 65% off of the individual instruments in stead of 65% off of the bundle price.

Probably the 65% already includes the discount, which bundles have over their indiviual instruments.
Another 65% on the bundle price just sounds too good to be true.
I think this is correct. The marketing email was a little vague, but the copy on the website reads "up to 65% off products bought in collections" which suggests it's 65% off the individual product prices and not the (already discounted) collection price.

TigerTheFrog

Amphibiousician
I am considering getting an Evolution during the sale. I have EVO 3 already.
Which among the three below would you get if you could only get one?
  • Woodwind Evolutions
  • Olafur Arnalds Evolutions
  • Olafur Arnalds Chamber Evolutions

Michel Simons

• Woodwind Evolutions
I have probably used OAE the most, but I have that one the longest, so... The nice thing about the woodwinds one is...that they are woodwinds. So that is something different from all the string ones for a change. Of course OACE has the waves which are pretty tasty. I guess I have been pretty helpful. ;)

Parsifal666

I don't even own a DAW, I'm just a troll.
  • Woodwind Evolutions
Woodwind, all day money. After EVO 3 I don't personally think you need much more for EVOs, especially strings. Just my opinion.

MillsMixx

Production Director/Sound Designer
I'm signed in and not seeing the discount when I check out in my shopping cart. Is there another step involved or a code needed?

MillsMixx

Production Director/Sound Designer
Through the power of reading you can see into the future and wait for it to happen.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Put stuff on your wishlist before May 5th.
Go nuts on May 6th.
haha! Sorry I jumped the gun. Got the email today and thought it was on. Carry on lol!

Top Bottom