What's new

Spitfire Spring Wish List Announced ;)

markleake

Recovering sale addict
Anyone has the Joby Percussion?
I wonder how it compares to NI Symphony Series Percussion (my only orchestral percussion right now).
They are quite different in tone. The NI percussion is good, particularly the timpany and snares, etc. but the room has a very different tone, and the instruments themselves can sound quite different, so I use them for different things. Especially SF is good for a more classical sound, and works so easily with the rest of the SF symphonic range.

The SF Percussion is a lot more detailed and covers more ground. It's not quite as complete as OT percussion, but still covers almost anything you need (and it does come with the timpani, which you need to buy separate with OT). And those timpani are very good, a lot more of the top dynamics are present compared to the NI ones.

Almost every instrument sounds great in SF Percussion, it is much more consistent than NI in that way. The tuned percussion especially is good with SF... that celeste is just amazing. Need I say anything about the celeste in NI percussion?

The NI percussion can sound too bright or thin sometimes. SF percussion is better in that regard, the hall just sounds wonderful.

Monkberry

After putting Symphonic Strings in my cart last night, I talked myself out of it. Then woke up to watching the Paul Thompson walkthrough for the 10th time as well as a few comparison videos I've already watched a few times, and of course I bought it. I try to pretend I'm a responsible adult but why bother. At least I had the good sense to upgrade my internet provider to get 200 MBPS from 6MBPS and saved $40 per month dumping my landline phone. That's how you rationalize.

Zoot_Rollo

Throbbing Member
After putting Symphonic Strings in my cart last night, I talked myself out of it. Then woke up to watching the Paul Thompson walkthrough for the 10th time as well as a few comparison videos I've already watched a few times, and of course I bought it. I try to pretend I'm a responsible adult but why bother. At least I had the good sense to upgrade my internet provider to get 200 MBPS from 6MBPS and saved $40 per month dumping my landline phone. That's how you rationalize.

THIS is a how an affliction beautifully blooms - it is spring after all.

thanks for sharing.

Pastor Zoot absolves.

Henu

the hall just sounds wonderful.
Yep, but the problem is also that the hall sounds too wonderful. It makes almost all of the sound to be what it is. The dry mics are so sad it's astonishing how great the instruments can sound in the room compared to those, which means that it's pretty much unusable if you don't want to be married with the Air sound.

Geoff Grace

Yow, as much as I like EDNA I'd NEVER reccomend that over Diva. Diva is right up there with Omni and Zebra as the best you can buy imo. The best for the analogue thing (though Monark is really nice as well).
Another very satisfied user of Omnisphere and Diva here! :cool:

Best,

Geoff

whiskers

Perpetual student
Curious on the overall disposition towards Studio Orchestra (sans drama :)) from owners of it. Good addition? Or does it seem to take too much tweaking to seem worth it?

Do like the sound of strings & WW, not sure how I feel about the brass yet. The Pro Collection is a tempting offer

JohnG

You'll love it. It's a treasure. There are always problems with every library, of course, but this one is pretty great.

Monkberry

You'll love it. It's a treasure. There are always problems with every library, of course, but this one is pretty great.
Yes, I agree. I have listened to it for quite some time and knew I would eventually pick it up. I already have Spitfire Studio Strings Pro and love that as well for the drier recordings. Although I have all the Cinematic Studio Series libraries, the lack of vibrato control made this a necessity as well as I really do love the overall sound of SSS. I have been playing it since last night and earlier today and I am quite happy, especially at the Wish List price of $479. I've come to really appreciate Spitfire.

whiskers

Perpetual student
Finally took the wish List plunge...

• OA Chamber Evos
  • Chamber Strings (decided in the end against the Pro version)
  • Kinematik Add-on for EDNA
  • 2018 Professional Bundle (Studio Strings Pro, HZ Strings, Solo Strings and BDT)

The price of the 2018 Pro bundle was just too good an offer to turn down!

Thanks Spitfire!
I think you're going to love SCS and OACE :)

whiskers

Perpetual student
Came close to getting the Studio Brass Pro, Studio Woodwinds Pro and Eric Whitarce Choir but had to draw the line somewhere. I'll see how I get on with the Studio Strings Pro and maybe take the plunge on the other Studio series libraries at a later date.
that's kinda what i'm thinking too. Also curious to see how the Studio compares to Symphony in terms of 'workability'

Top Bottom