What's new

Spitfire Spring Wish List Announced ;)

whiskers

Perpetual student
He most certainly does. :)

Chewed over Earth EDNA for many hours, but 30GB for hundreds of presets I'll probably never use (already have One and Tundra) , just to get 150 of Matts - makes no sense for me, as much as I do want Kinematik.
Honestly that is probably my one SFA acquisition I could do without. Haven't spent much time in it, but find the UX to be cluttered and visually/mentally overstimulating. Wish they'd gone with a cleaner paned and tabbed layout like Omni, but maybe I'm just used to that :)

whiskers

Perpetual student
Well I picked up the Brass & Woodwinds Core Studio libraries, more of an impulse purchase than anything else. I'll get some use out of them for sure.

But I've heard that along with the current Cubase promotion, there are going to be offers on Halion, Dorico and Iconica this month from Steinberg. Now I really don't get on with the un-intuitive interface in Sibelius, so if they do 50% on the crossgrade I'll be in like Flynn.

And Iconica... Hmmm, there's something about that I think I like, so the trial is being downloaded now and I'm going to have a bit of a play this weekend. I was going to start a new template on VePro 7, but thats too much like hard work and wake on midi is coming.....

If Iconica goes 50% too I may be tempted.
<off topic> Do let me know if Dorico goes on sale please? :) </Off topic>

Manaberry

Purchased Studio Orchestra Pro, Percussions and the Harp.
I've been trying a bit Studio Orchestra Pro, love the microphones choice. It's about to take a lot of time to get the very particular sound I want, but I like having the choice. It does blend well with SSS.

whiskers

Perpetual student
Purchased Studio Orchestra Pro, Percussions and the Harp.
I've been trying a bit Studio Orchestra Pro, love the microphones choice. It's about to take a lot of time to get the very particular sound I want, but I like having the choice. It does blend well with SSS.
Would love to hear comparison between the two when you spend some time with it, if you're willing.

StillLife

I am thinking I am close to a decision:

Alternative Solo Strings upgrade (from the Artisans)
Edna Earth + Kinematik
British drama toolkit

These three meet all my to buy-arguments, so it seems:
- fitting to my musical style (indie singer/songwriter a la Sufjan Stevens / Peter Hammill).
- inspirational in itself
- highly playable (not too much tweaking needed)
- adding to what I already have. The adds are: quirky solo strings (adding to the normal SSoS and complementing LCO and BHCT), synth that blends well with both orchestral as traditional pop rock), some kind of small orchestra in a box that helps writing string arrangements (yo be finishef by the solo's and/or SCS.
- nks! I find I use my nks-libs far more than the nonr nks ones. Just so easy to pick and tweak them from my kk s61mk2 or Maschine mk3.
- reasonable price. The package would amount to 328,20. Seems reasonable for the amount of quality content.
Or so I tell myself...
Final ponderings...
Maybe I should spend a little bit less on SF (no edna + kinematik) and a little bit more overall:
Add the output bundle (overall total: 700 euro)
Or Diva (total 375) or Omnisphere 2 (608).
Any advice on picking up edna/kinematik above these three?

Parsifal666

I don't even own a DAW, I'm just a troll.
He most certainly does. :)

Chewed over Earth EDNA for many hours, but 30GB for hundreds of presets I'll probably never use (already have One and Tundra) , just to get 150 of Matts - makes no sense for me, as much as I do want Kinematik.
You might like EDNA better the more you get familiar with it...it can be especially handy for pads and rhythms imo. Back during my synth phase I went ga-ga over it and had a great time. Without Kinematic it's not worth even half as much, that cartridge is its main reason for existence (I myself was told that a couple of years ago when considering purchase and it proved oh so true).

To me it's Matt's finest hour, and that's saying a lot, as guys like him, Scarr, and Stockhausen are my favorite synth sound designers. Hollo's stuff is good, too.

whiskers

Perpetual student
Final ponderings...
Maybe I should spend a little bit less on SF (no edna + kinematik) and a little bit more overall:
See my post above. Personally have gotten a lot more milage out of omni2 compared to edna. Earth. Also keep in mind Albions have some limited edna built in

Omni2 has been one of my best purchases. Just my 2¢

Also see @Parsifal666 's post above, I might need to give it more time.

Parsifal666

I don't even own a DAW, I'm just a troll.
Final ponderings...
Yow, as much as I like EDNA I'd NEVER reccomend that over Diva. Diva is right up there with Omni and Zebra as the best you can buy imo. The best for the analogue thing (though Monark is really nice as well).

Top Bottom