Spitfire Spring Wish List Announced ;)

Discussion in 'DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!' started by tadam, Apr 26, 2019.

1. AllanH

AllanH Senior Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Central Coast California
    Really? It's only Thursday - there is time for more :faint:

EDIT: looks like a good collection you've assembled :)

whiskers and dzilizzi like this.
  2. DerGeist

DerGeist Active Member

Oct 21, 2018
    Ugh....so weak. Bohemian for me. I have been wanting BHCT for a long time now and really like the sounds of LCO. So, I think to myself...let me go listen to alternative solo stings on youtube. I'm sure it will be disappointing and I won't want it. Not wanting it bohemian isn't worth it and money stays in pocket. Then I watch the alternative solo stings demo and it is amazing.

I need help!

3. josephspirits

josephspirits Active Member

Nov 22, 2017
    It's tough. I already have so much great stuff from Spitfire and I know there will be more exciting things coming out this year I will be tempted by, but my mind finds so many ways to justify buying now while it's on sale...

4. Maiestic9

Maiestic9 New Member

Nov 14, 2018
    SCREW YOU SPITFIRE !!

For making so many AWESOME friggen Librairies and having an irresistible sale that lasts a friggen week and allows me to continually add new items to my wishlist all the way up to the 12th which just happens to be my birthday ( the mother of all excuses to purchase )

Purchases thus far include :
    SSS
    SSB
    SSW
    Masse ( included in bundle )
    SCS
    Albion 3
    SSS Evolutions
    Spitfire Solo Strings
    Alternative Solo Strings
    Evo Grid 3
    HZ Strings
    Olafur Arnalds Evolutions
    Woodwind Evolutions

Clearly Restraint is not my strong suit .

But the craziest thing is. In the little time I’ve had with each of them ...they are all pretty much great !!

Spitfire makes Great F—-ing Libraries !
    Just amazing stuff.

Zero Regrets (given that my wife never finds out ..but you know what that’s the great thing about software ....wayyyyy harder to hide that new blueberry burst Les Paul ;)

5. michelsimons

michelsimons Active Member

Jan 24, 2018
    Delft
    Are you sure???

I got Kinematic (The Sure Thing) and LCO Textures (which I probably would have bought when it was first released, but my financial future looked a bit unsure back then and I am a financial coward). I probably let Orchestral Swarms (some nice patches and some not so nice ones) and BDT (doesn't seem to fit my workflow, which is best described as messing around) pass. I am still in doubt about BT Phobos, which in theory should be my cup of tea.

whiskers likes this.
  6. KallumS

KallumS Active Member

Jul 26, 2018
    Camden, London
    Just got Spitfire Studio Orchestra :grin: can't wait to get stuck in!

Zoot_Rollo and Maiestic9 like this.
  7. stfciu

stfciu Active Member

Aug 13, 2017
    So I see you took the plundge despite recent hmm...enthusiasm we can observe on several threads?
    Waiting for your personal opinion.

I am on the fence cause I really love my BHCT and thought about supplementing it.

8. KallumS

KallumS Active Member

Jul 26, 2018
    Camden, London
    Yup - this is actually my first big Spitfire purchase. I own a bunch of their labs stuff as well as Scraped Percussion and Titanium Euphone, but this is the big one :grin:

9. whiskers

whiskers Perpetual student

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    yeah, I've got a lot of their stuff now, I need to focus on making use of it and learning :)

for some reason, yeah Orch Swarms didn't appeal to me as much. Thought about Mandolin Swarm, but I don't have a pressing need for it right now :)

BDT is really fun to just play with. Still getting used to it.

Kinematic is great, but eDNA as a whole, IDK. Hard to get used to the engine. Seems kinda busy and cluttered. Maybe I'm just used to the nicety of Omnisphere.

michelsimons, dzilizzi and Zoot_Rollo like this.
  10. Zoot_Rollo

Zoot_Rollo Throbbing Member

Jul 1, 2016
    with the Cubase thing, i think this is a full pass for me at this time.

dzilizzi and whiskers like this.
  11. whiskers

whiskers Perpetual student

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    hats off to you, sir.

Zoot_Rollo and dzilizzi like this.
  12. Brian Nowak

Brian Nowak Active Member

Jan 9, 2018
    I'm assuming the harp is still highly problematic in Logic? I could get it on the way cheap this way but I'm currently thinking cineharps might get my money on account of it being great sounding and also... you know... functional.

13. smallberries

smallberries member at small

Jul 6, 2018
    San Francisco
    I thought you got those at Christmas.
    I resisted the Union Chapel Organ back then, learned instead to operate my Sonokinetics Toccata (tons of wheezing/creaking character) after reading , yet here we are again...

14. DerGeist

DerGeist Active Member

Oct 21, 2018
    If anyone is hesitating on BHCT or LCO...stop...its worth it...do it...do it...do it...

whiskers and Parsifal666 like this.
  15. dhlkid

dhlkid Senior Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Is LCO Texture worth to get?

whiskers likes this.
  16. StillLife

StillLife Senior Member

Mar 18, 2017
    I am thinking I am close to a decision:

Alternative Solo Strings upgrade (from the Artisans)
    Edna Earth + Kinematik
    British drama toolkit

These three meet all my to buy-arguments, so it seems:
    - fitting to my musical style (indie singer/songwriter a la Sufjan Stevens / Peter Hammill).
    - inspirational in itself
    - highly playable (not too much tweaking needed)
    - adding to what I already have. The adds are: quirky solo strings (adding to the normal SSoS and complementing LCO and BHCT), synth that blends well with both orchestral as traditional pop rock), some kind of small orchestra in a box that helps writing string arrangements (yo be finishef by the solo's and/or SCS.
    - nks! I find I use my nks-libs far more than the nonr nks ones. Just so easy to pick and tweak them from my kk s61mk2 or Maschine mk3.
    - reasonable price. The package would amount to 328,20. Seems reasonable for the amount of quality content.
    Or so I tell myself...

smallberries, poetd and whiskers like this.
  17. poetd

poetd Active Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Probably nothing for me this time round.
    Death by a thousand cuts this month, though mostly all good stuff - Cubase update, some TheUnfinished packs, Toybox Reaktor blocks, stuff for home etc....

Not so bad, I did spend a HUGE amount of time checking out all the libraries (far too much time :crying: ) but at least I reached a few concrete decisions on some SF libraries I've flipflopped over for a while.

josephspirits and Parsifal666 like this.
  18. Parsifal666

Parsifal666 I don't even own a DAW, I'm just a troll.

Sep 7, 2015
    E. YeeHaw, Indiana
    Great pick, Matt has some terrific stuff!

poetd likes this.
  19. Michael Antrum

Michael Antrum Only the good die young....

Well I picked up the Brass & Woodwinds Core Studio libraries, more of an impulse purchase than anything else. I'll get some use out of them for sure.

But I've heard that along with the current Cubase promotion, there are going to be offers on Halion, Dorico and Iconica this month from Steinberg. Now I really don't get on with the un-intuitive interface in Sibelius, so if they do 50% on the crossgrade I'll be in like Flynn.

And Iconica... Hmmm, there's something about that I think I like, so the trial is being downloaded now and I'm going to have a bit of a play this weekend. I was going to start a new template on VePro 7, but thats too much like hard work and wake on midi is coming.....

If Iconica goes 50% too I may be tempted.

20. poetd

poetd Active Member

Sep 9, 2018
    He most certainly does. :)

Chewed over Earth EDNA for many hours, but 30GB for hundreds of presets I'll probably never use (already have One and Tundra) , just to get 150 of Matts - makes no sense for me, as much as I do want Kinematik.

Zoot_Rollo, Parsifal666 and whiskers like this.