Spitfire Spring Wish List Announced ;)

DerGeist

Ugh....so weak. Bohemian for me. I have been wanting BHCT for a long time now and really like the sounds of LCO. So, I think to myself...let me go listen to alternative solo stings on youtube. I'm sure it will be disappointing and I won't want it. Not wanting it bohemian isn't worth it and money stays in pocket. Then I watch the alternative solo stings demo and it is amazing.

I need help!

josephspirits

It's tough. I already have so much great stuff from Spitfire and I know there will be more exciting things coming out this year I will be tempted by, but my mind finds so many ways to justify buying now while it's on sale...

Maiestic9

SCREW YOU SPITFIRE !!

For making so many AWESOME friggen Librairies and having an irresistible sale that lasts a friggen week and allows me to continually add new items to my wishlist all the way up to the 12th which just happens to be my birthday ( the mother of all excuses to purchase )

Purchases thus far include :
SSS
SSB
SSW
Masse ( included in bundle )
SCS
Albion 3
SSS Evolutions
Spitfire Solo Strings
Alternative Solo Strings
Evo Grid 3
HZ Strings
Olafur Arnalds Evolutions
Woodwind Evolutions

Clearly Restraint is not my strong suit .

But the craziest thing is. In the little time I’ve had with each of them ...they are all pretty much great !!

Spitfire makes Great F—-ing Libraries !
Just amazing stuff.

Zero Regrets (given that my wife never finds out ..but you know what that’s the great thing about software ....wayyyyy harder to hide that new blueberry burst Les Paul ;)

Michel Simons

OK I'm out. I'm done.

1. Grand Cimbalom
  2. Union Chapel Organ
  3. Glass & Steel
  4. Bohemian Bundle (added LCO Strings, Alternative Solo Strings)
  5. Albion ONE
  6. 2018 Professional Bundle

I guess that's why I have a day job.

Now I gotta use them and start making more tracks :).
Are you sure???

I got Kinematic (The Sure Thing) and LCO Textures (which I probably would have bought when it was first released, but my financial future looked a bit unsure back then and I am a financial coward). I probably let Orchestral Swarms (some nice patches and some not so nice ones) and BDT (doesn't seem to fit my workflow, which is best described as messing around) pass. I am still in doubt about BT Phobos, which in theory should be my cup of tea.

stfciu

Just got Spitfire Studio Orchestra :grin: can't wait to get stuck in!
So I see you took the plundge despite recent hmm...enthusiasm we can observe on several threads?
Waiting for your personal opinion.

I am on the fence cause I really love my BHCT and thought about supplementing it.

KallumS

So I see you took the plundge despite recent hmm...enthusiasm we can observe on several threads?
Waiting for your personal opinion.

I am on the fence cause I really love my BHCT and thought about supplementing it.
Yup - this is actually my first big Spitfire purchase. I own a bunch of their labs stuff as well as Scraped Percussion and Titanium Euphone, but this is the big one :grin:

whiskers

Perpetual student
Are you sure???

I got Kinematic (The Sure Thing) and LCO Textures (which I probably would have bought when it was first released, but my financial future looked a bit unsure back then and I am a financial coward). I probably let Orchestral Swarms (some nice patches and some not so nice ones) and BDT (doesn't seem to fit my workflow, which is best described as messing around) pass. I am still in doubt about BT Phobos, which in theory should be my cup of tea.
yeah, I've got a lot of their stuff now, I need to focus on making use of it and learning :)

for some reason, yeah Orch Swarms didn't appeal to me as much. Thought about Mandolin Swarm, but I don't have a pressing need for it right now :)

BDT is really fun to just play with. Still getting used to it.

Kinematic is great, but eDNA as a whole, IDK. Hard to get used to the engine. Seems kinda busy and cluttered. Maybe I'm just used to the nicety of Omnisphere.

Zoot_Rollo

Throbbing Member
yeah, I've got a lot of their stuff now, I need to focus on making use of it and learning :)

for some reason, yeah Orch Swarms didn't appeal to me as much. Thought about Mandolin Swarm, but I don't have a pressing need for it right now :)

BDT is really fun to just play with. Still getting used to it.

Kinematic is great, but eDNA as a whole, IDK. Hard to get used to the engine. Seems kinda busy and cluttered. Maybe I'm just used to the nicety of Omnisphere.
with the Cubase thing, i think this is a full pass for me at this time.

Brian Nowak

I'm assuming the harp is still highly problematic in Logic? I could get it on the way cheap this way but I'm currently thinking cineharps might get my money on account of it being great sounding and also... you know... functional.

StillLife

I am thinking I am close to a decision:

Alternative Solo Strings upgrade (from the Artisans)
Edna Earth + Kinematik
British drama toolkit

These three meet all my to buy-arguments, so it seems:
- fitting to my musical style (indie singer/songwriter a la Sufjan Stevens / Peter Hammill).
- inspirational in itself
- highly playable (not too much tweaking needed)
- adding to what I already have. The adds are: quirky solo strings (adding to the normal SSoS and complementing LCO and BHCT), synth that blends well with both orchestral as traditional pop rock), some kind of small orchestra in a box that helps writing string arrangements (yo be finishef by the solo's and/or SCS.
- nks! I find I use my nks-libs far more than the nonr nks ones. Just so easy to pick and tweak them from my kk s61mk2 or Maschine mk3.
- reasonable price. The package would amount to 328,20. Seems reasonable for the amount of quality content.
Or so I tell myself...

poetd

Probably nothing for me this time round.
Death by a thousand cuts this month, though mostly all good stuff - Cubase update, some TheUnfinished packs, Toybox Reaktor blocks, stuff for home etc....

Not so bad, I did spend a HUGE amount of time checking out all the libraries (far too much time :crying: ) but at least I reached a few concrete decisions on some SF libraries I've flipflopped over for a while.

Michael Antrum

Only the good die young....
Well I picked up the Brass & Woodwinds Core Studio libraries, more of an impulse purchase than anything else. I'll get some use out of them for sure.

But I've heard that along with the current Cubase promotion, there are going to be offers on Halion, Dorico and Iconica this month from Steinberg. Now I really don't get on with the un-intuitive interface in Sibelius, so if they do 50% on the crossgrade I'll be in like Flynn.

And Iconica... Hmmm, there's something about that I think I like, so the trial is being downloaded now and I'm going to have a bit of a play this weekend. I was going to start a new template on VePro 7, but thats too much like hard work and wake on midi is coming.....

If Iconica goes 50% too I may be tempted.