Spitfire Spring Wish List Announced ;)

Discussion in 'DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!' started by tadam, Apr 26, 2019.

1. starise

starise Member

Jul 26, 2018
    Just weighing my options here. I think the Spitfire range and current pricing are excellent! I have a library in my wishlist now.
    Aside from the mentions of the new Komplete offerings , wasn't Soundiron following up Hyperion with a heavier program? I really liked Hyperion strings and wouldn't mind a nibble on the larger program. Not sure when , if or ever. Any word on this? Or is this worthy competition?

dzilizzi likes this.
  2. poetd

poetd Active Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Does anyone have any exposed examples of the OA Evolutions individual instruments?

I already have OACE, and am interested in seeing if the instruments in OAE would add anything really meaningful to it.

Frustratingly Pauls walkthrough video only spends a minute or so on the individual instruments and then he only plays chords, so you can't actually hear the samples by themselves.

Also, read a couple of people on here saying OACE made OAE redundant for them.
    Wondering if that still holds up as true for most people.

Thanks as always. :)

3. ism

ism Senior Member

Dec 14, 2016
    OAE is a very different library form OACE, closer to sound design in that it needs a certain amount of processing - it's not sampled with the pristine quality of OACE (or at least I haven't had luck turning of the asdr and the effects and trying to use the raw sample without any processing ). Wheres OACE feels like an obvious-in-retrospect development - or perfection of - the innovations of SCS, OAE and the other evos. You can use the individual OACE evos as orchestral articulations in their own right. OAE, well sometimes, but generally you want to stick to an evo grid I find.

So I would't call AOE redundant, as the solo textures can really add something even layered on top of OACE. But its OACE that's coming with me to a desert island.

Another way to think of this might be that while OAE can go 'orchestral' enough to mix with OACE, in conception I feel it sits most comfortably closer to the heavocity-sound-designy end of the spectrum, wheres AOCE sits naturally close to orchestral-SCS end. Each has consider reach across the spectral from ambient sound design to orchestral articulations, but OACE is naturally more orchestral, while OAE is naturally more sound designy.

Of course, subject to availability of space in my suitcase, I'd love to have OAE with me on that dessert island also. It's a seriously beautiful library in its own right.

PSKLN, jbuhler and poetd like this.
  4. poetd

poetd Active Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Thanks ism. Useful thoughts as always.

Would still be nice if anyone has any examples.

One of my "issues" (not really, but the word mostly fits) with OACE is it can quickly stack up with chords etc to quite a big sound, almost full orchestra, quickly losing that intimacy, which is what I'm looking at OAE for.

Cheers.

whiskers likes this.
  5. ism

ism Senior Member

Dec 14, 2016

I think I know what you mean here. This kind of intimacy what I was going for in this noodle with BDT - is that close?

There's some OACE in this also, if I recall. The intimacy however comes mostly from BDT - though the importance of "tremolo whispers" from solo strings can't be overstated.

You question has me wondering why I didn't think to use AOE on this also. I do plan to revisit this and see if there's isn't a proper composition to be developed from it, and adding OAE is a natural thing to explore.

(Good lord though - the legato solo string are noodled in before I'd started to think about vibrato, I'm cringing at how much better they could be with a little attention to crafting the arcs.)

tadam, whiskers, Banquet and 3 others like this.
  6. krockodundee

krockodundee New Member

May 9, 2019
    You didn't mean 56% off? That's what it says for me...

7. whiskers

whiskers Perpetual student

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    same, but I already own BDT.

8. Levon

Levon Member

Nov 27, 2014
    No, it is 65% discount. Sold separate price is £1666. Sale bundle price is £580. So 65% discount off these individual products when bought as this bundle

9. whiskers

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    just noticed mine changes from 56% once I actually click on the product page. But it shows 56% on the wishlist page.

10. Levon

Levon Member

Nov 27, 2014
    The 56% figure is the discount off the non-sale bundle price.

11. krockodundee

krockodundee New Member

May 9, 2019
    Thank you for clearing that up! Thought that I had it figured out already, but I had it mixed up. 65% shows up just as you say when I click the product page.

12. whiskers

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    OK I'm out. I'm done.

1. Grand Cimbalom
    2. Union Chapel Organ
    3. Glass & Steel
    4. Bohemian Bundle (added LCO Strings, Alternative Solo Strings)
    5. Albion ONE
    6. 2018 Professional Bundle

I guess that's why I have a day job.

Now I gotta use them and start making more tracks :).

13. Denkii

Denkii Active Member

Mar 15, 2019
    Brutus!

whiskers likes this.
  14. James H

James H 01001000 01101001

Dec 20, 2018
    UK
    SSO CS edition looks sweet...

15. whiskers

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    It does, but I decided to give Studio a try ;)

dzilizzi and James H like this.
  16. StillLife

StillLife Senior Member

Mar 18, 2017
    Seriously considering British Drama Toolkit and use it like a very special mellotron. Good idea?

styledelk, smallberries and whiskers like this.
  17. smalltownpoet

smalltownpoet New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Looking at the Scandi but I already have Tundra. Does anyone know if there's a way to get a discount since I already have?

whiskers likes this.
  18. jtnyc

jtnyc Senior Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Add it to your wishlist and it will automatically adjust the price if you already own something from the bundle

whiskers likes this.
  19. ism

ism Senior Member

Dec 14, 2016
    No idea what this even means. But I hope you'll let us know how it works out.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    whiskers likes this.
  20. smalltownpoet

smalltownpoet New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Thanks, I was thrown off because the price is different (~$10), even though I would be getting the same products.

jtnyc likes this.