Spitfire Spring Wish List Announced ;)

Discussion in 'DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!' started by tadam, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Zoot_Rollo

Zoot_Rollo Throbbing Member

Jul 1, 2016
    excellent, thanks!

poetd likes this.
  2. whiskers

whiskers Perpetual student

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    It's great. Phenomenal bang for buck.

Zoot_Rollo and dzilizzi like this.
  3. whiskers

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    yeah. I'm still trying to make sense of eDNA as a whole. Matt's cartridge is great though.

Zoot_Rollo and dzilizzi like this.
  4. poetd

poetd Active Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Earth is on my wishlist solely because of Matts expansion.

Zoot_Rollo, dzilizzi and whiskers like this.
  5. michelsimons

michelsimons Active Member

Jan 24, 2018
    Delft
    Kinematic is my only certainty. The rest is a question of staring at my cart for long enough until the answers will reveal themselves.

6. dzilizzi

dzilizzi I know nothing

Feb 27, 2017
    Somewhere near Los Angeles
    It depends on what you want to do. I bought Omnisphere and so far it is just okay for me. I don't have any extra packs or presets and I find when I futz around with the presets that come with it, it just sounds worse. And? I'm not big on synth/electronic sounds for the most part. I like Analog Strings better.

I'm not going to say it is a waste, because I can load my own sounds. I am thinking of making loops out of stuff like Spitfire and using Omnisphere to do what it does. So kind of like Edna Earth I guess.

whiskers and Zoot_Rollo like this.
  7. Zoot_Rollo

Zoot_Rollo Throbbing Member

Jul 1, 2016
    i am generally covered with VST Synths.

i've resisted my O-Face for this long ...

eDna/Kinematik and the Swarms are looking very attractive at this point.

especially since already grabbing up most of the traditional (Pro-version) SFA libraries.

dzilizzi likes this.
  8. angeruroth

angeruroth Member

Dec 11, 2014
    I just had a few minutes with my wish-list purchase, Albion One, and wow, I like it! :laugh: So here it is:

Linh Ngo, johjoh, MrLinssi and 9 others like this.
  9. BezO

BezO The Artisan

Jun 11, 2018
    DC
    Damn these sales! You don't know what you "need" util the price is right.

My strong possibles are Am Gtrs & BT Phobos. SSoS is right behind it, but I've been holding out for a Chris Hein sale.

SStS & SStB are lesser possibilities. I've been holding out for the Chris Hein NKS update & sale.

HZP(P) is unlikely but on my list because I can't get enough percussion & this sounds sweet.
    And had I not just purchased FORZO & NOVO, Albion IV would be a go.

I don't need the SStS, but I like bundles. SSOP would be a go if it included SSoS. Any chance there's a Solo Bundle I'm not seeing?

whiskers likes this.
  10. SpitfireSupport

SpitfireSupport Customer Experience

May 8, 2017
    Ah, this is a common problem because our website thinks of SCS Pro as a completely separate product to SCS, even though the former contains the entirety of the latter. If you contact support at spitfireaudio.com/support they will sort out the correct price for you.

benmrx, James H, dzilizzi and 3 others like this.
  11. AllanH

AllanH Senior Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Central Coast California
    Thanks for the clarification. I had essentially dismissed the upgrade for the same reason.

dzilizzi and whiskers like this.
  12. Scott Moran

Scott Moran New Member

Jul 25, 2018
    I'm on this same fence. Omnisphere has always been on my list to get but the best argument I've seen against it is the overwhelming amount of choices it gives. Phobos is very tempting.

dzilizzi and whiskers like this.
  13. whiskers

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    thanks for the thoughts - were the demos done with the Alternative Solo Strings library, or the regular Solo Strings?

dzilizzi likes this.
  14. whiskers

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    so excuse my, erm. *cough* waffling @sostenuto;)

Pretty darn sure I'm gonna pick up LCOS (Love LCOT). Still not sure about the AltSS though. It's only a 25$ saving if i get the bundle (vs if I get LCOS only right now and pick up AltSS later)

Really wish I hadn't watched that video on A1, lol. Seems pretty cool. But I'm probably covered on most the content, but it still seems great.

Probably will be holding off on SSO SCS until next wishlist to evaluate actual need.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    Parsifal666 and sostenuto like this.
  15. ism

ism Senior Member

Dec 14, 2016
    So what I did - and the context here is that I was trying to convince myself to upgrade to the full AltSS - was take the existing demos by Homay and Oliver from soundcloud (with Spitfire's permission), which were the most textural or 'alternative' of the Sacconi demos, layer some additional AltSS (or I guess technically the artisan Vl and Vc, which I already had).

So its all the AltSS + Sacconi + a little bit of the Olafur (solo) evo. If you listen carefully, you can probably tell which is which, but on the whole I though they blended well enough to merit buying them all. Which reminds me: must remember to pick up Sacconi at some point.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    whiskers likes this.
  16. Sean

Sean I don't know what I'm talking about

Apr 5, 2019
    Very nice, thanks for the share. A1 has some great string shorts, really wish I could get over the sound of the sustained strings though, they are not my cup of tea.

17. whiskers

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    Thanks! Still on the fence about it, and was wondering how much of a hassle blending would be. Appreciate your perspective.

18. ism

ism Senior Member

Dec 14, 2016
    Short answer - some hassle. But it's not hopeless.

jbuhler and whiskers like this.
  19. thecomposer10

thecomposer10 Soundtrack Composer • Pianist

SAVE MY WALLET SOMEONE PLEASE

Attached Files:

dzilizzi, whiskers and James H like this.
  20. Denkii

Denkii Active Member

Mar 15, 2019
    Push...the button... push push the button...