What's new

SPITFIRE - Spitfire Solo Strings NEW Virtuoso Violin Total Performance Patch

No, not in score and piano roll, but in the main window - and the step editor, which many people don't use at all.
Your best solution for score/piano roll is currently to click on the arrow next to 'Read' to see more automation parameters in the main area, here...

Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 17.09.52.png

...or to use the key command called Cycle Through Used Parameters in any window that has a Time Ruler. I believe the default key command is either Y or Cmd Y.

I'm hearing an awesome mockup of Prokofiev's Violin Concerto and sonatas in my head here. Do I buy this just to feebly fulfill what I can already stream? ;)

I also think a cello patch would be fantastic, but speaking of cello, the current update completely broke the cello patch for me and it now loads in edit mode but without the possibility of editing (i.e. the wrench doesn’t expand the panel) and whenever I press a note, I hear a terrible racket of all the articulations played simultaneously. Any ideas?
Not an issue I’ve heard of. Please contact us at spitfireaudio.com/support and we’ll look into it. Ben

The new performance patch and the new demo sound amazing, but I wonder how well the rest will match and like some other people pointed out, whether the rest will catch up with the virtuoso violin.

Right now, if I want to invest in the library, it seems I am investing in a single instrument (instead of the entire "solo strings" as a package).

Thanks, I understand but since Spitfire did not respond when people asked about the expansion to other instruments, it casts doubt on such possibility.
Yeah we never know, mine is just a logical speculation. But it may well be that SF will opt to develop it further before "full" implementation. I could see them adding a third controller, that combined with the first two (and velocity) could get you anywhere, even in a 20 art library. That's basically what the "Tree" does in the new Synchron Player!

Violin (Virtuoso) Total Performance patch

Spitfire Audio - Violin Virtuoso - Total Performance.JPG

I'm sorry, but why are you posting an example of the violin performance patch where it's not even remotely played like a violin?
You might as well be playing block chords with it. I'd suggest trying to sculpt a musical phrase that's idiomatic to a violin.

I'm sorry, but why are you posting an example of the violin performance patch where it's not even remotely played like a violin?
You might as well be playing block chords with it. I'd suggest trying to sculpt a musical phrase that's idiomatic to a violin.
Thank you for the technical advice ... Beginner, I learn from my mistakes too.
See you later

I know this forum is focused on realism, but I think we have all of these super-human tools at our disposal, I'm surprised we don't hear more "augmented reality." I realize we naturally have an allergy to the unnatural when it's been trained into our heads. I'd love to hear more of a fully bent realization of the impossibly unrealistic.

Rottoy: your comment was on the point and quite polite for my taste. The word "parkinsons disease" was not used and that is a good sign..:ninja:

Just to put all the speculation to rest, here's what's gonna happen: the cello will eventually get something like the total performance patch, and the bass and progressive violin will get a basic fingered legato, and that's it. And no, I don't have insider information, I just looked in the samples folder.

Just to put all the speculation to rest, here's what's gonna happen: the cello will eventually get something like the total performance patch, and the bass and progressive violin will get a basic fingered legato, and that's it. And no, I don't have insider information, I just looked in the samples folder.

How can u tell?

I am curious though, the Performance patch blurb on the website states:

"It contains all the techniques you need to create a realistic solo performance — five different types of true legato: Portamento Legato, Fingered Legato, Bowed Legato, Runs and Arpeggios. It also features: spiccato, staccato, tremolo, molto vibrato, progressive vibrato and non vibrato."

If you look at the Viola, Cello and 1st Desk Violin they all seem to have Portamento Legato, Fingered Legato, Bowed Legato.

None of the instruments including the Virtuoso Violin list Runs or Arpeggios (or even Staccato). So either they have added these samples in the update or they exist or are scripted. Which leaves the potential to do the same across the board?

I am curious though, the Performance patch blurb on the website states:

"It contains all the techniques you need to create a realistic solo performance — five different types of true legato: Portamento Legato, Fingered Legato, Bowed Legato, Runs and Arpeggios. It also features: spiccato, staccato, tremolo, molto vibrato, progressive vibrato and non vibrato."

If you look at the Viola, Cello and 1st Desk Violin they all seem to have Portamento Legato, Fingered Legato, Bowed Legato.

None of the instruments including the Virtuoso Violin list Runs or Arpeggios (or even Staccato). So either they have added these samples in the update or they exist or are scripted. Which leaves the potential to do the same across the board?
Don't the cello and the virtuoso violin both have fast run legato and fast legato in the samples?

Top Bottom