What's new

SPITFIRE - Spitfire Solo Strings NEW Virtuoso Violin Total Performance Patch

We'd have to check your account to make sure, it's possible that the whole library got reset which means that you will download the whole thing. To resolve this and just download the update, please contact our support team at spitfireaudio.com/support
I'm sorry but I have to ask just for basic clarification:
whenever I applied the "Reset Download" option in the SA Download app for a particular library it will then permanently only offer the complete download from then on in the future? No "update only" no more unless SF support will resolve/reset this?

Last edited:
Wow, that new total performance virtuoso sounds great! (I usually voice my negative concerns, I know, I know)

But it is a great step forward!

Now, the elephant in the room, can we hope for a total performance cello? please please please?

Can someone explain me how he could obtain so nice results (apart from talent)? I see a lot of overlapping midi notes. Is it some secret for creating a nice legato? I bet there must be some edit, no?

Can someone explain me how he could obtain so nice results (apart from talent)? I see a lot of overlapping midi notes. Is it some secret for creating a nice legato? I bet there must be some edit, no?

When I look at his MIDI, I just see someone who plays everything by hand (all the overlapping notes scream that). I'm afraid there is no secret apart from extraordinary talent !

WOW WOW WOW

Just finished writing a piece with samples, sees there's a new Andy Blaney piece up
giphy.gif

Anyone else having any CPU issues with the new total performance patch? one note and my poor CPU is instantly begging for mercy.

iMac i7 quad core
Streaming from a Samsung T5 SSD,
Logic Pro 10.4.1
512 buffer

No patch I have has brought my computer to it's knees as fast.

Wow, that new total performance virtuoso sounds great! (I usually voice my negative concerns, I know, I know)
But it is a great step forward!

agreed! very happy they've done this update. i hope they don't stop here and carry it over to the other instruments in the lib...

Anyone else having any CPU issues with the new total performance patch? one note and my poor CPU is instantly begging for mercy.

iMac i7 quad core
Streaming from a Samsung T5 SSD,
Logic Pro 10.4.1
512 buffer

No patch I have has brought my computer to it's knees as fast.
Hi there, this patch is certainly a little more CPU intensive due to the many different things happening under the hood. Have you unchecked 'Utilise TM'? That may help!

Luke

Hi there, this patch is certainly a little more CPU intensive due to the many different things happening under the hood. Have you unchecked 'Utilise TM'? That may help!

Luke

May I ask what Andy Blaney's Keyboard controller of choice is? Obviously these performance patches rely on different velocities when playing and his must be at least semi decent to be able to perform this stuff. I'm on the hunt for a new controller as mine is horrendous and just thought I'd ask. Thanks.

Luke

Yes! that helped a lot. thanks. am I losing any functionality within the patch by disabling TM? Is it necessary to get optimum results with this patch?

As fantastic as Andy's demos is, like many of his demos, it's really hitting the harsh and fiery dynamics.

Which is great, but my first impression of the new legato is just how sweet it is. The 1st chair legato has this wonderful, slightly impolite, textural quality, especially at low dynamics. This one, especially if you reign in the dynamics a bit and vary the vibrato a lot, plays much more sweetly and smooth. Which, in addition to the fast legato, was something I was missing in this library.

And *now* that Arvo Part reference in the marketing blurb makes sense.

I am seeing CPU at 10% for a single note, spiking at 40% for multiple notes (with two mics), so that's going to limit its usefulness. So wishlist: a non performance legato version of this.

Fabulous update!

Im just so impressed with this patch. Incorporating the trills performances and progressive vibrato and what Im assuming is sul tasto for the lower dynamics is just so clever and well executed. A huge step forward in programming from SFA.

I echo a need for the same patch for Cello and Viola!!

Downloaded, installed, played: WOW! This is uber cool, so immediately musical, user friendly. It takes a bit of practice though, like all good instruments, but I can already tell I will use it a lot! I really like the fake mute option as well, very useful when writing under dialogue.

Thank you Spitfire! What a nice surprise! Just had a few min to try it out and... Beautiful! Thank you!

Top Bottom