What's new

SPITFIRE - Spitfire Solo Strings NEW Virtuoso Violin Total Performance Patch

As far as I know v1.0 is going to be port, finger and bow for each...listed (so Vn, va, vc) I’ve asked the team to update the website...

Now how about some positives so our team don’t all go and hang themselves!!??

Trying to make nice stuff for you guys and VI-C has not been a nice place to be for the last few days! Paul hasn’t looked at it for three months which is sad cos this is where we were born.

Long pre order and promo period is at request of many of you so it hits all paydays financial plans and so that we can release as much info and vids as possible... lots to come I did a contextual thing with SCS and Jake and I did a big mixing vid too... we all been working hard!

And it is an effing cracker...

C x

Sounds just absolutely gorgeous to my ears. Been listening to the walkthrough on my drive home. I will crossgrade for sure. Been using the old Solo Strings a LOT as well. Especially on my last film score I did. But this new library could very well be my definitive Solo Strings lib! Your stuff just sounds amazing. I can still remember vividly when I first listened to some demos of Albion I and II back in 2015 I think. It just resonated very strongly with me. And it's been that way ever since! But while checking out your 2 labs releases and also while listening to the new walkthrough today I just said to myself that you guys and girls are getting better and better!!!

Just tell me when the thing is baked and I'll have my wallet at the ready. Love your tools, tips and tricks! But the breakup of my marriage is on you guys! @divorceware!
Take care and thanks a lot for your inspiring stuff. I genuinely think that we've been spoiled over the years!

U

Sounds amazing!
The original solo strings still have a place in my template. Despite their age and limitations I usually end up using them over all the other solo libraries I’ve bought since. Can’t wait to try these out!

It was mentioned on here that the crossgrade would only be for people who bought the original solo strings BEFORE the firesale .

I think the problem is that not all customers read this site and if that info was available on the spitfire site it wasn't obvious or easy to find. No question there are people who didn't know that and bought expecting a crossgrade option.

From their Solo Strings webpage.
Quote :

"Crossgrading available to original Spitfire Solo Strings customers."

That's on their page now, was that info posted during the old solo strings sale?

Thanks. As I said it doesn’t really matter, the difference could be how much, 30 euros? The cheap marketing upsets me though, especially from Spitfire as I always took it in high regards.
Although I thought the website could have said more about crossgrades I thought the marketing was along the lines of "last chance to buy one of our old favourite products before we replace it".
I don't remember that future crossgrades were mentioned on the website; I only remember seeing it in the posts on here which clarified the situation.

People may have assumed something about crossgrades when the firesale started but I don't remember seeing crossgrades mentioned in any marketing.

I could be wrong though.

Although I thought the website could have said more about crossgrades I thought the marketing was along the lines of "last chance to buy one of our old favourite products before we replace it".
I don't remember that future crossgrades were mentioned on the website; I only remember seeing it in the posts on here which clarified the situation.

People may have assumed something about crossgrades when the firesale started but I don't remember seeing crossgrades mentioned in any marketing.

I could be wrong though.

Yes, all is possible. I do remember clearly that somebody asked this on their facebook page and somebody else posted about the cross grade option link on their website. I don't remember it being specific about before the firesale, and of course, I may have misread that, considering how (needlessy) obfuscated all this information is. However, this is when I bought the strings, as I though that they didn't sound particularly beautiful but since they're going to update them anyway, I can just go ahead and buy them now. Pretty much like they did with the Alternative Strings btw, so that wasn't a first. Just a little bit more honest and transparent communication would have saved this very silly situation, which is again more about the principle than the money, it honestly makes me feel like a second class customer.

Sounds wonderful! I was hoping that they'd be released today, as I start my vacation today (my time to work on music :) but July 12th will be here before I know it. Really excited to write with this library! Congrats and Appreciation Spitfire!

Damn you Spitfire, this sounds so good it can’t possibly be good for my livelihood! That’s a compliment wrapped in anxiety, and yes, I will definitely be getting this! Your original solo strings was my very first sample library, so luckily I qualify for the cross grade.

Looking forward to hearing the legato, but so far happy to see that it includes bow change.

Just a little bit more honest and transparent communication would have saved this very silly situation, which is again more about the principle than the money, it honestly makes me feel like a second class customer.
I have sympathy for your disappointment, but isn't communication a two-way street? If you had sent Spitfire an email asking what their crossgrade policy was regarding the Firesale library before you purchased, it seems likely they would have answered honestly as they did here.

I realize my response sounds like a defense of Spitfire, and to a degree, it is; but I'm also offering it as a way of avoiding this problem in the future. You can't control Spitfire's actions—or anyone else's—but you can control yours. If you decide to be more proactive next time, perhaps it will empower you. Asking may give you more correct information than assuming.

Best,

Geoff

I have sympathy for your disappointment, but isn't communication a two-way street? If you had sent Spitfire an email asking what their crossgrade policy was regarding the Firesale library before you purchased, it seems likely they would have answered honestly as they did here.

I realize my response sounds like a defense of Spitfire, and to a degree, it is; but I'm also offering it as a way of avoiding this problem in the future. You can't control Spitfire's actions—or anyone else's—but you can control yours. If you decide to be more proactive next time, perhaps it will empower you. Asking may give you more correct information than assuming.

Best,

Geoff

You are certainly right, however as has been noted elsewhere in this thread my assumption wasn’t driven by careless thinking and there is also a matter of trust involved. Of course, next time I’ll be more careful, although I don’t plan to invest more money in Spitfire anytime soon at this point.

You are certainly right, however as has been noted elsewhere in this thread my assumption wasn’t driven by careless thinking and there is also a matter of trust involved. Of course, next time I’ll be more careful, although I don’t plan to invest more money in Spitfire anytime soon at this point.

I stayed away from the fire sale knowing this fact... but I can't help but feel like Spitfire would've come out on top even more had they decided to give a different tiered discount to those who bought during the fire sale. I probably would've been suckered into the fire sale had that been the case and ultimately cross-grading.

I stayed away from the fire sale knowing this fact... but I can't help but feel like Spitfire would've come out on top even more had they decided to give a different tiered discount to those who bought during the fire sale. I probably would've been suckered into the fire sale had that been the case and ultimately cross-grading.
I posted in favor of a tiered discount at the time, thinking that to be a fair solution.

Nonetheless, as has already been mentioned, the difference turns out to be $30 extra for those who bought at Firesale price and didn't get a crossgrade discount. That's well within the normal price fluctuation range for a product with a $399 list price. As a consumer, I realize I sometimes pay more than others and sometimes less for the same items. If I couldn't live with that situation, I'd be a bundle of nerves.

In other words, I find this Spitfire policy acceptable. YMMV.

Best,

Geoff

Last edited:
When will this library be available for download ? and any info. on the disc space required ?

Are we only waiting for the legatos to be completed before it will be available for download ? or are there other articulations that need to be added besides the Legatos ?

Last edited:
Obviously the tone on the articulations present in the demos is pretty darn good, though a few of the long sustains do sound a bit... suspect... a touch unnatural at louder dynamics, perhaps.

@christianhenson I think we would all be more at ease were we to hear some material that sounds more like a soloistic phrase from the various instruments. Outside specific film scoring situations (or maybe an Arvo Part or Morton Feldman score), it's pretty rare to just hear some longs or shorts or accompaniment pizzicato when we're talking about solo strings. We're accustomed to hearing how the lines and transitions from different techniques flow. And yes, legato technique is a big part of that jam.

I realize now, after reading some of your statements in this thread, that this product is very much still in development. I can only hope that within the next month we are able to see some more phrase-related programming in demos. As it stands this fall I'll be picking up Symphony Complete and chamber strings, and I would cherish having a wonderful sounding and innovative soloist section of strings to match up here. Cheers!

wow. that's nice. the crossgrade / upgrade pricing is good I think :)
I like those mandolin pizzis and brushed shorts. very cool.
I'm looking forward to hear more of those solo strings. the in action videos are always great to get a feeling how our libraries are layed out and what they are supposed to be used like.

Just some questions/observations (just my opinion and not intended to cause a war!):

1. Are there plans to add Legato to the Virtuoso violin as its seems odd that of all the ones to have it the 1st Chairs is the only Violin to have Legato?

2. Its a shame all the Long articulations do not have Legato options (I am thinking Con Sordino, Sul Pont and Flautando like in SCS) as these are intended to be played "Solo" and the Con Sordino in the walkthrough sounds noticeably cut off between notes.

A certain other developer has the option to add Legato transitions to any articulation.

3. Splitting the 1st Chair (which I assume equals less emotive) and Virtuoso seems clunky, would it not have been better to sample one player playing differing vibratos eg NV, VB, HV, MV?

Tone as always is very nice, just feel the above is missing.

Top Bottom