What's new

SPITFIRE - Spitfire Solo Strings NEW Virtuoso Violin Total Performance Patch

This is v1.0 release everything we know is working well and sounding gorgeous, more is recorded but we’ve learned the hard way not to over promise and under deliver but we know this is going to be a stalwart for many years to come so there’s all sorts of plans... it is my fave lib to date... as an ensemble it’s insane as added focus to SCS or SSS it’s the nuts... and the progressive... oh the progressive... I think I’m in love

Watched the walkthrough. Everything sounds/looks great, however regarding the legatos I am missing portamento and glissandi. Please let us know that this is being handled otherwise it would look weirdly incomplete to me.

The progressives and flautandos sound fantastic - looking forward to hearing a demo of the legatos. I'm kind of wishing it had the scripting wizardry of Embertone's Joshua Bell violin though - that level of playability and connection, coupled with Spitfire's depth of articulations and the Air ambience would be unbeatable!

This is v1.0 release everything we know is working well and sounding gorgeous, more is recorded but we’ve learned the hard way not to over promise and under deliver but we know this is going to be a stalwart for many years to come so there’s all sorts of plans... it is my fave lib to date... as an ensemble it’s insane as added focus to SCS or SSS it’s the nuts... and the progressive... oh the progressive... I think I’m in love

Christian are there plans to add legato to the virtuoso violin? also, will legato have vibrato continuous control?
thanks

As far as I know v1.0 is going to be port, finger and bow for each...listed (so Vn, va, vc) I’ve asked the team to update the website...

Now how about some positives so our team don’t all go and hang themselves!!??

Trying to make nice stuff for you guys and VI-C has not been a nice place to be for the last few days! Paul hasn’t looked at it for three months which is sad cos this is where we were born.

Long pre order and promo period is at request of many of you so it hits all paydays financial plans and so that we can release as much info and vids as possible... lots to come I did a contextual thing with SCS and Jake and I did a big mixing vid too... we all been working hard!

And it is an effing cracker...

C x

Haven't even got through the walkthough but I'm loving what I hear. Wallet is coming out. Congrats, Spitfire - great job!

As far as I know v1.0 is going to be port, finger and bow for each...listed (so Vn, va, vc) I’ve asked the team to update the website...

Now how about some positives so our team don’t all go and hang themselves!!??

Trying to make nice stuff for you guys and VI-C has not been a nice place to be for the last few days! Paul hasn’t looked at it for three months which is sad cos this is where we were born.

Long pre order and promo period is at request of many of you so it hits all paydays financial plans and so that we can release as much info and vids as possible... lots to come I did a contextual thing with SCS and Jake and I did a big mixing vid too... we all been working hard!

And it is an effing cracker...

C x
Can't wait, keep up the great work! Love from Luxembourg.

Trying to get my had around what exactly this library is. The sound is spectacular, so perfectly what I've been looking for ... and the textures of the three different violins ... well I'm not sure I fully understand what this means , but I can't wait to start playing with it.

What I can't figure out is if it's a texture library on the lines of the Alternative solo strings, which the FAQ seems like it might be implying, or a performance library like the old solo strings.

But the sound!

Update: Christian's reply came in while typing that ... and with a good legato this has me incredibly excited.

Last edited:
Hi,

The new Spitfire Audio Solo Strings sound awesome. I'm surely pre-ordering them.

I would appreciate it if Spirfire Audio will post more demos at faster tempi, and more Baroque style writing, or some action cue style ostinati, fast bowing, ..etc. (No need for the fancy, quiet articulations), just the basic shorts, longs, and legatos would do the job.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

The crossgrade now looks quite good and the promo pricing runs until two weeks after the release, so more than enough time to make a decision. First Paul's walkthrough though.

Top Bottom