Discussion in 'COMMERCIAL Announcements' started by Spitfire Team, Jun 6, 2018.
Thanks a lot, Ben!
Thanks for the info, Ben. Still in doubt whether I should go for this one. Paul's legato walkthrough has turned my definite 'no' into a 'yowza'. Thanks, Paul... I had hoped that it would be ridiculously big, which would be my new excuse not to go for it.
Looking forward to the complete walkthrough, and especially how the "short note release trigger" works and sounds! Does look like they've done a fantastic job. I'm a bit surprised that this came out on Kontakt and not their own player!
I still need more videos to confirm the legato. Holding off preordering until we get a more indepth look
Agree. Also waiting for user experiences from those that have pre-ordered. Thank goodness the intro price will last until the 26th.
After launching Hans Zimmer Strings they reiterated that they would still be making Kontakt libraries, and this is an example of that. Perhaps they are deciding on a case by case basis whether to release a library in Kontakt or their new player.
wow! finally! it sounds gorgeous!
For what it is worth (I often say I'm putting on my composer hat, but I am clearly and massively biassed) this is my favourite library we have made to-date. Why?
• Well its great to have a solo strings library that really works with my workflow, so for me price of entry is the 50/50 patches where the player starts senza vib and then introduces it just like EVERY player does when they're playing soloistically! (seems that isn't a word?) Bang its in a patch, performed live and real and lovely and boom instant soloistic strings in an ever increasing heartbeat.
• It has the depth of the chamber and symphonic strings so you can add detail and "front desk up" these libraries or simply take the arrangements you have made in these libs and transfer them solo strings for more intimate and emotional moments.
• Chamber strings still sound massive... OK so blue in the face, if you grab a patch from SCS you will probably be playing up to 4 players, 20 mics, one hall.... you play two notes you're playing 8,40 & two halls... so simple four part is going to be 24, 80 and four halls..... But play the ensembles patches, maybe 10/60/3 per note? 4 part = 40 players, 240 mics and 12 halls = MASSIVE! So by approaching solo strings as a super small chamber band you finally have that awesome emotional but incredibly intimate chamber sound recorded in the hall.
• The legatos are excellent and do what you want them to do for a solo strings library. This was always a given with this library but again THIS LIBRARY IS SOOOOOO MUCH MORE... just think of it as another chapter of our pro-end symphonics vs chambers, woods and brass libs. The legatos update the previous solo strings experience to a new level... but thats where this library as an update to the legacy version ends!
• 3 violins is defo better than one from really virtuosic, to front chair to the secret sauce of this library the additional techniques by our progressive player. So you have a deeply versatile library that isn't instantly coloured by a single leader.
• Viola.... best viola sample yet, hands down (but also IMHO).
• Leon Bosch has given us the most extraordinary selection of solo bass samples ever made, I fear for bass players round the world now that Bosch has given this encyclopaedia of totally impossible techniques to the world!
• Oh.... and have I mentioned the flautandos?
Gonna need some more videos though
Nice to hear Chris, can I ask you about future plans?
Is there any chance of adding legato to that beautiful progressive vibrato patch, it would be a most logical move since.
Also, will the virtuoso player have legato? Also, I think it would be a logical step.
Congrats on the new library
Legato for the progresive player would also be my first and foremost wish...
I can’t wait to download this library! I’ve been wanting this update for a while now. I love the original Solo Strings and I have no doubt I’ll love this library too!
I apologize for asking for more since it appears we’re already getting so much (and it hasn’t even been released yet!), but I too would like to add a request for legato patches for the other two Violins. Pretty please?
Either way, I’m very much looking forward to writing with these beautiful Strings!
About an hour to go ...
I'm very excited today to start downloading these.
The download is off and running. Anticipation is running wild.
GOT ME instantly with the above .... Fine overall Post, but this portion is timed perfectly; as it covers near term (modest) Chamber needs, which look to be met comfortably.
After watching the legato walkthrough video I have a question, why does it sound like two instruments instead of one at times when he is using the modwheel?
Playability is wonderful on the Legato Violin! Just loaded the Cello patch and having an issue. This is the solo Cello using the ALL Articulations patch ... all the Long articulation articulations are bone dry with all three different mic positions howver the shorts are working/sounding normally within the patch. Can anyone tell me if they are having the same thing or is it me?
Separate names with a comma.