What's new

Spitfire sales?

Yes they have sales around Black Friday and Christmas, as well as occasional special deals. You should create an account even if you don’t have a product and get on the email list so you will know. They have a wishlist that they will send you discounts on (did it twice in past year)

They kinda have sales all the time these days. Black Friday should see deep discounts, but last year they also had a follow-on sale around christmas if I recall correctly.

Thanks to you all for your responses. I appreciate all the helpful feedback!

Also - without context - remember that Spitfire has 30% standing discount on all instruments if you are a student or teacher at a school and higher education - very few sales go higher than this discount.

Last year on Black Friday they had a 66% discount on a custom bundle of different strings products that was only available for the sale. Only catch there was even with the discount, due to the number of included products and original prices, it was still about $800, if I remember correctly.

For individual products or regular bundles, usually their Wish List sales are the best, with some products being discounted up to 40%. They do a Pairs sale usually once a year where you can get a pre-selected pair of libraries at a substantial discount, or, if you own one, you can can get the other at the discount price.

If I had a burning desire for a lot of their libraries and no particular need for one over the other, the Black Friday bundle will be a great option to wait for if it comes back this year. If you want something in particular, your best bet is a Wish List sale, and that will probably be around Christmas time.

Also - without context - remember that Spitfire has 30% standing discount on all instruments if you are a student or teacher at a school and higher education - very few sales go higher than this discount.
I presume you need to be a student of some kind of musical degree, yes? Or would it apply for any degree?

I presume you need to be a student of some kind of musical degree, yes? Or would it apply for any degree?

Any degree or school. I'm a scientific researcher in the field of computational linguistics at a university that doesn't have a music degree program. So - pretty far away ;)

Damn, when I say it out loud, my dayjob that I want to quit actually sounds interesting...

Any degree or school. I'm a scientific researcher in the field of computational linguistics at a university that doesn't have a music degree program. So - pretty far away ;)

Damn, when I say it out loud, my dayjob that I want to quit actually sounds interesting...
Do you guys work with deep neural networks and stuff?

Lately, they have done 25% off sales on individual products and up to 66% off collections during Black Friday.

At Christmas (and this past summer) they had "Wish List" sales. If you are signed up with them and put three products on your "Wish List" (in your Website account), they will email you limited-time codes for those products. I'm not certain that it only works for three, but that's what I have read.

Last year I purchased two libraries at 40% off through my Wish List. That didn't happen in the summer, which was still 25%. If you are only looking to buy one to three things, it might be worth your while to wait for the next Wish List rather than to buy on Black Friday. It might still be 25% off, but you wouldn't lose anything.

They have had a lot more special sales in 2018, including a flash sale on Albion V. I predict that Spitfire will be experimenting more with pricing in the coming years, so if you don't need something it may pay off to wait.

Did the Spitfire quiz, got 7/10 correct, 2 of them were most likely guesses. I won't spoil anything tho

Lately, they have done 25% off sales on individual products and up to 66% off collections during Black Friday.

At Christmas (and this past summer) they had "Wish List" sales. If you are signed up with them and put three products on your "Wish List" (in your Website account), they will email you limited-time codes for those products. I'm not certain that it only works for three, but that's what I have read.

Last year I purchased two libraries at 40% off through my Wish List. That didn't happen in the summer, which was still 25%. If you are only looking to buy one to three things, it might be worth your while to wait for the next Wish List rather than to buy on Black Friday. It might still be 25% off, but you wouldn't lose anything.

They have had a lot more special sales in 2018, including a flash sale on Albion V. I predict that Spitfire will be experimenting more with pricing in the coming years, so if you don't need something it may pay off to wait.

The wish list sales worked for more than three products. I think I had four or five in my wish list, both at christmas and easter, and received discount codes for all, ranging from 40% to 25%.

Stupidly I didn't go for the 50% Albion V sale, so ended up getting it at 40% off in the easter wish list sale, which made me feel slightly better.

Have just caved in and bought the OA Chamber Evolutions in the current sale. Was watching the YouTube demos last night and couldn't resist any longer!

Top Bottom