What's new

SPITFIRE - PAIRS Two Amazing Libraries, One Amazing Opportunity. Ends TODAY! 23:59 BST

That’s true, but here they are marketing in a way that gives false hopes: Already own one? Complete your pair.

I can complete any kind of pair any time if I like. Just suggestion they should not give false hopes, as it’s a discount, not 2 for 1.
But they didn’t ONCE say ‘complete the pair’ means get it for nothing. Nor is this a thing, anywhere, ever! You can complete any kind of pair any time you like, but only right now, under this promo they’re informing you about, can you complete these pairs at this discount. It’s your mis-reading and your misunderstanding, and instead of saying ‘huh, ah, ok’, you choose to expose yourself on a public forum, and at the same time, derail a perfectly reasonable promotion from a perfectly reasonable company. This, and the ‘ah, but they made me click on the link and scroll’!!!! The puerile inanity of it is driving me insane, so it’s at this point I hit Unwatch Thread, before you find something else to complain about and I throw my laptop through the !@#$ing window! Bye.

Last edited:
That’s true, but here they are marketing in a way that gives false hopes: Already own one? Complete your pair.

I can complete any kind of pair any time if I like. Just suggestion they should not give false hopes, as it’s a discount, not 2 for 1.

Way to pick and choose the context...

"ALREADY OWN ONE OF THE PRODUCTS IN A PAIR? COMPLETE YOUR PAIR!
Add the other product to your basket, and our intelligent cart will work out the discount for you. It’ll be available at a special price until 11.59PM (BST) on Monday 25 June."

Maybe don't read just the title?

"Two Great Libraries, One Amazing Opportunity"

That's the Site quote. So pleased to be able to read and comprehend. What's not to like ?

Where in the heck does 2-for-1 come from ??

But they didn’t ONCE say ‘complete the pair’ means get it for nothing. Nor is this a thing, anywhere, ever! You can complete any kind of pair any time you like, but only right now, under this promo they’re informing you about, can you complete these pairs at this discount. It’s your mis-reading and your misunderstanding, and instead of saying ‘huh, ah, ok’, you choose to expose yourself on a public forum, and at the same time, derail their perfectly valid promotion. This, and the ‘ah, but they made me click on the link and scroll’!!!! The puerile inanity of it is driving me insane, so it’s at this point I hit Unwatch Thread, before you find something else to complain about and I throw my laptop through the !@#$ing window! Bye.

I’m sorry that I’m laughing :) I guess with all the unreasonable and negative comments towards Spitfire in here makes a small suggestion for adjusting a title appear as hate and drama. I love all my SFA libraries (well, except the Orchestral Grand) and wish them nothing but success. But how stupid of a customer to misinterpret an ad. I should be forever embarrassed.

I’m sorry that I’m laughing :) I guess with all the unreasonable and negative comments towards Spitfire in here makes a small suggestion for adjusting a title appear as hate and drama. I love all my SFA libraries (well, except the Orchestral Grand) and wish them nothing but success. But how stupid of a customer to misinterpret an ad. I should be forever embarrassed.
I guess that if the ad would have been flashing on the top of the VI threads, it would have been much clearer.

As a Tundra owner I'm really interested in the OLAFUR ARNALDS EVOLUTIONS but as a hobbyist I'm also price conscious. Is this the lowest discount on this library? 40% off sounds pretty good, but thought I would check first.

Soooooo many F'n whiners here...or maybe it's just a symptom of the brain deadening of our polluted food and ecology... Free??? You want the pair item for Free if you own the other??? REALLY???? OY!!!!!! If you don't want any of the deals, fine... but free??? gtfooh...

Be that it may, I too find HZ strings (the only library I don't have that's listed) still way too expensive, as Puzzlefactory notes:
£250 off of HZ strings as an Inceni owner is pretty good too. Although I still think it’s out of my price range (without a lot of credit card debt that is)...

I own nearly every significant (costly) Spitfire library... and paid full price for many, such as Incini... If my "pair"ing would have resulted in 50 percent off of HZ Strings, ie, $400... I would be tempted but at over $500, I'll pass... my 15+ other string libraries will just have to do...sad, but true...first world problem here and all over the forum!

Rather than be angry or upset, I just have to say, "thanks for saving me 400 buckeroos! At this point, a new chicken coop is way more exciting to contemplate!

But free???? Stupid to even raise such an expectation...

Last edited:
As a Tundra owner I'm really interested in the OLAFUR ARNALDS EVOLUTIONS but as a hobbyist I'm also price conscious. Is this the lowest discount on this library? 40% off sounds pretty good, but thought I would check first.
I think so... It is an AMAZING library... one of my top five, and I own...a boatload...no, a lot more... way too many...

get it. OAE is absolutely priceless and a creative gob of bliss...

Hi everyone. It looks like you've all got a pretty good handle on exactly what this promotion entails and what the various discount levels are but if you have any questions at all, the best way to get hold of us is via chat. We're usually available between 9am and 10pm (UK time) Monday to Friday and you can access the chat from the bottom right hand corner of ANY of the pages on the Spitfire website - look for this logo:

upload_2018-6-22_9-53-9.png

If we're not available for any reason, you can create a ticket through that same widget - it'll look like this:

upload_2018-6-22_9-54-56.png

and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Thanks! Ben

Yeah, seems to be what I love about the other evos I own (own evo 1, 2 & symphonic) but with the added flexibility of soloing the different instrumentalists (violin 1 & 2, Viola, Cello). I can actually seeing this one getting more useage as soloists are great for adding that little extra touch to layered strings.

Tough it wasn't shown in the walkthrough, I'm assuming that in the individual instrument patches the ranges overlap like they do for the actual instruments right? If so, anyone know what instruments are playing in the full patches where ranges overlap? Or perhaps they are doubled at that point? Hard to tell in the walkthrough video.

Yeah, seems to be what I love about the other evos I own (own evo 1, 2 & symphonic) but with the added flexibility of soloing the different instrumentalists (violin 1 & 2, Viola, Cello). I can actually seeing this one getting more useage as soloists are great for adding that little extra touch to layered strings.

Tough it wasn't shown in the walkthrough, I'm assuming that in the individual instrument patches the ranges overlap like they do for the actual instruments right? If so, anyone know what instruments are playing in the full patches where ranges overlap? Or perhaps they are doubled at that point? Hard to tell in the walkthrough video.

Your response made me realize that I was speaking of Olfur's Chamber Evolutions... his latest library... but his earlier library is also wonderful... just not in my top 5...

Your response made me realize that I was speaking of Olfur's Chamber Evolutions... his latest library... but his earlier library is also wonderful... just not in my top 5...

If u have chamber strings, definately get Olfur's Chamber Evolutions... (I have all of Olfur's stuff and it's all great but CE is by far my favorite)

Unfortunately I do not own chamber strings, only Tundra and Evo 1, 2 & Symphonic, but for sure the chamber evolutions are also on my list, as well as these solo string evolutions. Thanks for sharing your honest opinion tough of the solo evo's not being in your top 5 (but still worth owning), but you have now got me curious - what is your top 5? :)

I jumped at the opportunity to get OA Evo this time around. I actually haven’t even used the ensemble patch yet because, like you mentioned, I bought it primarily to add soloist flourishes to my music. I did as much research as I could on the product and so far it’s performing exactly as I expected. Better even. It really brought a recent piece to life for me.

I really want the chamber Evos as well but I will probably hold off on that until the end of the year to give me time to work with what I already have.

My first impression upon opening the page was also: they're suggesting you get one free. Then I saw my "pair" would qualify me for HZ Percussion, and I thought it pretty unlikely to give it away for free. And indeed, they don't. They suggestion is there, though, and that's what upsets people. They could have been less coy about it and avoided negative fallout.

My first impression upon opening the page was also: they're suggesting you get one free. Then I saw my "pair" would qualify me for HZ Percussion, and I thought it pretty unlikely to give it away for free. And indeed, they don't. They suggestion is there, though, and that's what upsets people. They could have been less coy about it and avoided negative fallout.
Wasn't it 'Buy one, get one for free' (which is exactly what is on offer), not 'Have one, get one for free'?

Top Bottom