What's new

SPITFIRE - PAIRS Two Amazing Libraries, One Amazing Opportunity. Ends TODAY! 23:59 BST

I did not perceive it as 2 for 1, however I do think there is a subtle psychology in the text by saying
"Two Great Libraries, One Amazing Opportunity"

Its intended to draw you in. Its semantics at play.

Its a good discount, but in the case of HZS the price is pretty much back to the intro deal that just ended.

As usual for me, most of the most enticing deals, I already have them!! Ho hum.

As a Tundra owner I'm really interested in the OLAFUR ARNALDS EVOLUTIONS but as a hobbyist I'm also price conscious. Is this the lowest discount on this library? 40% off sounds pretty good, but thought I would check first.

I guess it's not entirely impossible that you might get an even lower discount in the future, but I wouldn't hold my breath too long for that. I believe it never has been lower than this.

I haven't been that active the last couple of years, but this one has probably been on half of the songs that I have written in that period. It's great for creating a bit of atmosphere and can be quite subtle, but still very present at the same time (if that makes any sense; probably not). I don't have a top 5, but if I would have one then this one would be in it.

There's something about certain threads recently that bring out personal and vile attacks on people. Nobody is "braindead" or "stupid" for thinking something; that's just their opinion - don't like it? Ignore it or say you disagree and why but don't call a human being stupid for expressing a point of view. Surely we are all better than that!

There's something about certain threads recently that bring out personal and vile attacks on people. Nobody is "braindead" or "stupid" for thinking something; that's just their opinion - don't like it? Ignore it or say you disagree and why but don't call a human being stupid for expressing a point of view. Surely we are all better than that!

It's the internet, it's where people go to assert their made up superiority over others. The irony is that this sentence is an example of it.

Its a good discount, but in the case of HZS the price is pretty much back to the intro deal that just ended.

I don't think there's ever been a discount that's more than 30% off a single item (aside from Tundra), only in bundles do you ever see it go over 40% off (comparing it to the aggregated original price). So for a single item if you already owned iceni, this is a pretty damn good discount for a relatively new product. Which begs the question... will there be a Hans Zimmer bundle with the perc, piano, and strings?

If my local grocery store has a "buy one, get one free" offer on loaves of bread, I have to buy two loaves to get the offer.

I wouldn't expect to go in waving last week's receipt saying "I bought some bread last week so please can I have a free loaf now?" I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work.

Nor would they let me buy just one loaf at a discounted price based on a previous purchase. Spitfire are rather more generous here.

Also if white bread and brown bread were in the offer, it's quite normal that I'd pay full price for the most expensive loaf and get the cheaper loaf free.

This offer seems to work like any "buy one, get one free" offer I've seen in a physical store, except it's more generous.

Let it never be said that the guys at Spitfire aren't flexible and responsive! I have now received an email that says, at the very top (emphasis added),

Our Pairs promotion is back! As you already own one of the libraries included, we wanted to let you know that you’re eligible for a discount on the other half of our expertly matched pair.

To receive the discount, login and add the missing product to your cart from the below combinations and it will be available at a special price until 23:59 BST Monday 25th June 2018.​

Also if white bread and brown bread were in the offer, it's quite normal that I'd pay full price for the most expensive loaf and get the cheaper loaf free.

Don’t be fooled the color of breads at grocery stores as many of them has artificial food additives to look better and more healthy.

As a Tundra owner I'm really interested in the OLAFUR ARNALDS EVOLUTIONS but as a hobbyist I'm also price conscious. Is this the lowest discount on this library? 40% off sounds pretty good, but thought I would check first.
Also a hobbyist currently who can count on one hand the number of films I have worked on.
But I still invest in the products, even though they get used about 10% of the year :/

Oh well ;)

I think this also brings to light the question of the philosophy of disappointment and 'feeling cheated'. But not in the sense that they are cheating anyone, rather that often one who feels cheated by being hopeful may well only be cheated by themselves. A person who buys a something that seems overly appealing, ends up cheated, because they wanted to cheat someone out of their money as well.

Nothing in life is free, which is not a bad thing either. I am sure that marketing has a large bearing on this, but surely it is in the individuals power to balance free grabbing with hard earned products of value.

In short, why get upset, when someone makes awesome products and still asks for a little with the deals?
Surely good products are worth the investment and the hard earned cash :)

Perhaps another way to say this would go something like: Assumption only ends in disappointment and often much embarrassment...

Out of these pairs, the main one that might interest me (outside of HZ Strings, which sadly is priced beyond my reach at the moment, even at the Pairs price ... darn that broken tooth) is the Chamber Evolutions. But when I listen to the samples of this library, it sounds to me like it may have a fair amount of overlap with Tundra (which I already have). Can anyone comment on that?

Last edited:
Wow! I've not listened at all to the Olfur's Chamber Evolutions library before now. I don't know how it escaped me before, but these sound absolutely fantastic and very usable. Thanks @Vastman and others for pointing this one out.

Top Bottom