What's new

SPITFIRE - Our Biggest Announcement TO DATE! Tickets are now available!

Drundfunk

Just by assessing all the information given, I think it's a library where one guy says "This is London calling...." drenched in a lot of reverb, with pitch shifting and delay options. They might also have a patch for pads. I'm in. Sounds like a better N. There could also be a reason the "to date" in the title is in capitals. This might be a hint that they created a sample library one can actually date. Who needs a girlfriend when you can now date your sample libraries?

Last edited:

Greg

Measured by ear, the ostinato standard concert pitch (440 Hz), which begins at approx. 0:12 in the video, indicates a tuning orchestra, but is a few cents too low. Bug or feature of the upcoming new colossal orchestral library? ;)
They're bringing back the pitch wheel!? Seriously though why do most libraries ignore pitch bend? I quite enjoy using it to make fake glissando but either have to do it manually or use Cinematic Strings

Geoff Grace

My “guess:”

“London Calling” is all about old-fashioned operator switchboards. They’ve bought up the whole lot, converted them into a massive patch bay for the world’s largest modular synth, and sampled them in every conceivable combination. The 938 TB library will be released as a free LABS instrument as a thank you for watching all the teaser videos.

Anyone who has watched Christian’s “Modular Monday” videos knows I’m right. :cool:

Best,

Geoff

MWMelis

*grabs popcorn* The last time I saw this much unchecked hype and supposition was the lead-up to Dean Kamen's ill-fated unveiling of the Segway. Man, did that ever revolutionize my career as a mall cop.

chrisr

OK! Who volunteers to set up the close mics? Anyone?... Come on guys...
Actually there is a mic permenantly rigged next to big ben. You can throw up a fader in broadcasting house (bbc studios) and listen to the traffic passing through parliament square, should you wish.

gamma-ut

*grabs popcorn* The last time I saw this much unchecked hype and supposition was the lead-up to Dean Kamen's ill-fated unveiling of the Segway. Man, did that ever revolutionize my career as a mall cop.
There's an idea for Spitfire. Call their next launch "Project Ginger". A much heralded sample library that turns out to be Sinclair C5 engine noises.

Wolf68

I should compose something.
omg - London is calling again. could someone give em the number of the crisis line please.
sorry spitfireaudio, your libraries are excellent but your advertisments ridiculous.

Top Bottom