What's new

Spitfire Library Alternative Demos (not official)

wilifordmusic

Here's my playlist on SC that uses Bernard Herrmann Composer Toolkit as the foundation. There are several other libraries from them and others that are also quite nice and listed in the notes. But, I could have done almost all of it with BHCT.
Hopefully Spitfire will do some sort of sale for the upcoming holidays. I also know that sometimes the official demos aren't exactly varied enough to make a decision and most libraries are a serious investment. These are a little different from most of the official demos. I hope you like the music.
This is purely to give you a taste of some different flavors. Some of the titles may suggest composers besides BH. For all the musicologists out there, please forgive my transgressions.

Happy Holidays and Best Wishes, Steve

ps If someone knows how to make the whole playlist show here and make it easier for everyone to check it out, be my guest.

Since I can't seem to get the whole playlist to show I'll drop in a couple more posts featuring different musical styles and libraries.
Here's another one featuring Spitfire's BHCT, Cimbalon, Hg2O and Cinesamples Jerrys Pianos.

Steve

Okay, last one for today, this is a bit more modern in style.
Features, Spitfire Studio Strings, EVO Grid 1, LABS Soft Piano and Heavyocity's Damage.

Here are two tracks featuring the Bernard Herrmann Composer Toolkit that are written in the style of their namesake. I hope you have enjoyed listening to some of the different ways this library can be used.
The most important thing I've tried to convey, is that you shouldn't let a name or perception of the implied usage stop you from exploring other avenues of music.
Most of the pieces I have posted have reflected my interests in soundtracks (film and theatre.)
Thanks for listening and I'll let this thread fade away now.

Steve

I was trying to decide whether to get BHCT. I love what I heard in the YouTube walkthroughs from the percussion, chords, flute ensembles, and combi patches. For the wishlist price I was pretty much sold already.

But I still didn't know a few things, and I mostly wanted to know how usable the brass and strings are. Your demos have shown me that they are really great, beyond just being some extra flavors and expressive effects.

I plan to use BHCT as an alternative to Albion 1, because it has so much character and versatility. As great a deal A1 is, I feel like I already have some of the ground it covers.

Awesome work, something for me to look at as inspiration and a level of skill to achieve.

Thanks to all for the kind words.
By the way, the Studio Series works well when you need more traditional section/divisi writing.
And yes, the mic options do make a difference in the end result.

Steve

Top Bottom