What's new

Spitfire - LABS Download our latest FREE Library Strings 2 Now!

Quick question about workflow: I use QuickLoad in Logic, and since LABS isn't a Kontakt library, I can't of course include it in QuickLoad. However, with so many libraries, it can be hard to remember what's on my hard drive, so QuickLoad serves a dual purpose of giving me quick access, but also letting me browse things that I may have forgotten I had. So, what I tend to do with non-Kontakt libraries, is just have an empty folder in QuickLoad, that reminds me when I go to my Cello folder for example, that I (now) have the Amplified Cello Quartet from Spitfire (and then need to open up a new track with the Spitfire engine to access it.

Is this the best/only way of doing things in QuickLoad without using a template and a dedicated assigned track - is there another way of using QuickLoad for non-Kontakt libraries?

I am so confused! This thread has been discussing the electric cello for months, but today is the first day I've seen it in Labs. Alternate reality?

Quick question about workflow: I use QuickLoad in Logic, and since LABS isn't a Kontakt library, I can't of course include it in QuickLoad. However, with so many libraries, it can be hard to remember what's on my hard drive, so QuickLoad serves a dual purpose of giving me quick access, but also letting me browse things that I may have forgotten I had. So, what I tend to do with non-Kontakt libraries, is just have an empty folder in QuickLoad, that reminds me when I go to my Cello folder for example, that I (now) have the Amplified Cello Quartet from Spitfire (and then need to open up a new track with the Spitfire engine to access it.

Is this the best/only way of doing things in QuickLoad without using a template and a dedicated assigned track - is there another way of using QuickLoad for non-Kontakt libraries?
When you have opened the "Library"(Tab thing or what its actually called) in Logic (top left button next to info) theres a save button all the way down which allows you to safe the Instrument/VI with the currently selected/loaded instrument patch.
Those saves will then show up in the library of Logic under User-Presets (can also create Folders inside; the "patches" should be saved somewhere in -- User [/your name or what it's called]-- Music -- Audio Music Apps -- Patches -- Instrument; just create a new folder there and put the patches you want in there)
Should be then all showed by and in Logic:)
Did that for my most used HZS and Labs patches; though not all that would take to much time to do, but it gives a shortcut to load and open the instruments you often use out of those VIs quicker

I think theres a double sample on Bb 1 and B1, so C2 up is off by a note (on the slide ups). Can anyone else confirm this, or is it just on mine?

Hi, yeh. I've got the same thing. Pity, as this is my favourite patch from the new Cello sounds. Still sounds great though. Sounds like a sound they use in Channel 4's The Handmaid's Tale series in the UK.

When you have opened the "Library"(Tab thing or what its actually called) in Logic (top left button next to info) theres a save button all the way down which allows you to safe the Instrument/VI with the currently selected/loaded instrument patch.
Those saves will then show up in the library of Logic under User-Presets (can also create Folders inside; the "patches" should be saved somewhere in -- User [/your name or what it's called]-- Music -- Audio Music Apps -- Patches -- Instrument; just create a new folder there and put the patches you want in there)
Should be then all showed by and in Logic:)
Did that for my most used HZS and Labs patches; though not all that would take to much time to do, but it gives a shortcut to load and open the instruments you often use out of those VIs quicker
This sounds exactly what I'm looking for, but I seem to be struggling with the final step. In /User/Music/Audio Music Apps/Patches/Instrument, I created a user patch, which I can see in Logic's library under User Presets, and can navigate to the Kontakt Browser. However, this is a .patch file, not a .nki file, and I can't drag that into QuickLoad. Did I misunderstand that last step?

This sounds exactly what I'm looking for, but I seem to be struggling with the final step. In /User/Music/Audio Music Apps/Patches/Instrument, I created a user patch, which I can see in Logic's library under User Presets, and can navigate to the Kontakt Browser. However, this is a .patch file, not a .nki file, and I can't drag that into QuickLoad. Did I misunderstand that last step?
Kind of yeah, I meant you can create folders inside the Patches/Instruments for Logic not in Kontakt (as they won't load in Kontakt). But if you create a track in Logic and quickly want to have that specific patch loaded you can just use Logics library tab to load those in ( so no need to first load the VI into Logic and then search for the patch).
Though to get something useful for Kontakts Quickload without it being a Kontakt library is probably impossible...

Kind of yeah, I meant you can create folders inside the Patches/Instruments for Logic not in Kontakt (as they won't load in Kontakt). But if you create a track in Logic and quickly want to have that specific patch loaded you can just use Logics library tab to load those in ( so no need to first load the VI into Logic and then search for the patch).
Though to get something useful for Kontakts Quickload without it being a Kontakt library is probably impossible...
Ah, I see - yes, it was having it in Kontakt/Quickload that I was aiming for, so that I could have one place where I have all instruments, both Kontakt and non-Kontakt. Yes, I use User Patches too, and might revisit this. Thanks. :)

This is amazing! By a coincidence I saw Christian’s vlog yesterday and fell in love with the amplified cello. A day later they are released. Thank you so much Christian and Spitfire for the free samples.

Sorted out my confusion. If you go to the first post of this thread, May 31, there's the cello download big as day. But it must be a link out to their generic Labs page, which updated, rather than a cello post on that date.

Sorted out my confusion. If you go to the first post of this thread, May 31, there's the cello download big as day.
If you look at the bottom of the post you will also see it says: "Last edited: Today at 9:12 AM"

The Spitfire team have edited that post to include the Cello info - which is also why the title of this thread has changed.

I am so confused! This thread has been discussing the electric cello for months, but today is the first day I've seen it in Labs. Alternate reality?
Not quite; though I was confused at first too. The first post has been updated with the new instrument but the discussion following was about the initial launch of LABS and has developed following each subsequent launch.

...I think.

Sorted out my confusion. If you go to the first post of this thread, May 31, there's the cello download big as day. But it must be a link out to their generic Labs page, which updated, rather than a cello post on that date.
Yep. My reply was too slow.

I've been trying, all day, to log in, to "GET" the Cello Quartet.

The app doesn't download it.

With each attempt to "GET" it, via the big "GET" button on the website, all that I 'get' is the following error message:

"Something went wrong, please try again later."

I did . . . repeatedly . . . in two different browsers . . . to no avail...........................

Is it just me, or is this a thing?

Last edited:
Top Bottom